Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries (26318 Views)

Police Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salaries For 1 Year In Kwara (Video) / Company Punishes Protesting Staff With Late Payment (Memo) / Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Sunnymatey(m): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2022
Very good o!
But what happen to immunity for governors cus they're the worst defaulters?
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Eniolohunda: 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2022
That means our governors too van be imprisoned, because they are mostly the culprit. Nigeria will be good one day be that.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by helicoptarr: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2022

I think we MUST focus on the EASE OF DOING BUSINESS!

The case harsh business environment in Nigeria must be urgently visited with the aim of making empowering employers and prospective employers.

That should be the precursor to this bill!
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2022
kingscare1:
Na so e suppose be.
It will.make both the employer and employee to situp.

Sony Experia 4GB RAM Bought Brand new a year ago (broken screen, and battery swelling) #20k. It's worth #100k.

Call or WhatsApp - 09035464082 if interested

You no sabi nothing about marketing, at all!

That phone go remain for your hand until you put am for your will as inheritance give your children.

2 Likes

Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by justmi1: 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2022
Rubbish talk, what is the government doing to make it easier to do business in the country. They should employ everybody then.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by kingscare1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2022
Buddha3:

That phone go remain for your hand until you put am for your will as inheritance give your children.

Why do you say so, moreover you can teach me better.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by EmeksG(m): 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2022
Laughable,making laws without concrete enforcement
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Blue3k(m): 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2022
adioolayi:

Dialogue....Workers also know the truth and they will understand...and in most cases, this are just one off...not a persistent occurrence...if it's a persistent occurrence and the organisation keeps rendering services to those that owe them... something is wrong with the management of that organisation.
. grin cheesy grin

Facts no arguements here. When NASS sits in darkness for not paying its bills they'll know why.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Allisgud: 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2022
They want to use this to bobo us,so after election they will throw the paper to the bin
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Bobbiee: 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2022
NONCES. WE ALL KNOW THAT NIGERIAN LAW IS FOR THE POOR NOT FOR THE RICH. WHO WILL THEY ARREST? ALL THE STATE GOVERNORS OWEING YEARS WORTH OF SALARIES AND PENSIONS, OR THE FEW MILLIONAIRE BUSINESS OWNERS WHO WILL BRIBE THEIR WAY OUT OF JAIL.

THE ONLY PEOPLE I PITY ARE THE SMALL BUSINESSES AND THE FEW WORKERS WHO THINK THEY CAN NOW SUE THEIR BOSSES AND HOPE TO WIN.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Goodman247: 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2022
It should be 3 months, street fighting 3 months too
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Slurity(m): 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
Dshocker:
One of the contestants of the 2023 presidential election killed Funsho Williams

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Why should Nigerians listen to foolish man like Jonathan?
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by NEUDUDE: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2022
Have they finish with the ponmo bill.... bunch of clowns grin.

Though this one is good sha. I hate make person owe me lol
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Michelle70(m): 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2022
backnbeta:
Laughable bill grin

The FG and SGs are the worst salary defaulters, unfortunately they are also the biggest employers of labor in the country...so, the law won't work because it's against the greatest law breakers undecided
u should read the post.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Michelle70(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
Spaxon:
They should also include Federal and State Governments too.
They've been owing for years and nothing's done
i know of state govt.

But federal hardly owes
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by eedimo(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2022
Who go sign the bill?
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Wizmj4real(m): 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
kingscare1:
Na so e suppose be.
It will.make both the employer and employee to situp.

Sony Experia 4GB RAM Bought Brand new a year ago (broken screen, and battery swelling) #20k. It's worth #100k.

Call or WhatsApp - 09035464082 if interested

Did you say 20 naira abi I no hear u well?

A kg 3 pupil won't accept that as a gaming device na,
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by frog12: 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2022
these guys always do things at the last minute. election time that's the reason.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2022
kingscare1:

Why do you say so, moreover you can teach me better.

You're looking to sell a fairly used Sony Xperia with a broken screen and faulty battery and you don't think having those defects fixed is going to give you quick patronage and better money value for your device?

If according to you, the price of effecting those repairs is 20K, have it done, then slap a price tag on the device. Whoever sees it in that neat state will be moved to drop an offer. Product branding and presentation is extremely important in the sales industry.

Anybody who's phone savvy knows that Sony products are quite difficult to fix when the screen is concerned. And not everyone has the time to go sit in a repair shop cause of a phone. Look for money, fix it, then put 150K as the asking price. If you don't have several interests within the first one week, come back and call me a dunce. If you're a good negotiator and compelling businessman, you'll easily get 130K for it cause it's a strong and fancy device.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Streetgent: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2022
Buddha3:

cool grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by IMPARTIAL: 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2022
Government top dogs will be imprisoned too because civil servants are constantly owed their salaries.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by BABANGBALI: 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2022
Mitsurugi:

You obviously owe or intend to owe salaries. If not I don't see how this is bothering you. If you know how employers flood the place with more than they can pay just to keep appearances, then owe wages while they fly out with their families then you won't talk. Nigerians don't like paying for services and Nigerian employers are demons. I'm speaking from experience.
learn to face reality. What's my business with owing salaries? Abeg waka.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Mitsurugi(m): 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2022
BABANGBALI:
learn to face reality. What's my business with owing salaries? Abeg waka.

When guilty conscience no gree you waka from the post grin
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by onyxo76(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2022
ok, non teaching staff of university resumed since August, yet you refused to pay them, make we start from that one...
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Joeboy88: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2022
The bill should also involve sanctioning of all those companies that have turned employment into casualization & modern slavery stuffs,(indians & China companies). Let it be that Casual staff period should not exceed 3 months and if possible be banned completely starting from Oil & gas, banking, telecommunications and other firms
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by viyon02: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2022
Nice one if it will be enforce with right motive.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Mayeldah(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
And the same executive that is notorious for owing workers salaries is to enforce the law abi?

Jokers!!!
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by GardenOfGod(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
Including the federal government. Nonsense people!
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by kingscare1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
Buddha3:

You're looking to sell a fairly used Sony Xperia with a broken screen and faulty battery and you don't think having those defects fixed is going to give you quick patronage and better money value for your device?

If according to you, the price of effecting those repairs is 20K, have it done, then slap a price tag on the device. Whoever sees it in that neat state will be moved to drop an offer. Product branding and presentation is extremely important in the sales industry.

Anybody who's phone savvy knows that Sony products are quite difficult to fix when the screen is concerned. And not everyone has the time to go sit in a repair shop cause of a phone. Look for money, fix it, then put 150K as the asking price. If you don't have several interests within the first one week, come back and call me a dunce. If you're a good negotiator and compelling businessman, you'll easily get 130K for it cause it's a strong and fancy device.

Peace!

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated. I don't need the phone again, I only needed to make small money from it.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by Contagious100d(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2022
Jokes, if you want to be a successful leader you have to lead by example. This is cannot work when the government itself is the almighty debtor.
Re: Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries by zoedew: 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2022
Misguided elements. How to stoke up productivity and build up the economy is what should be in view. This is NASS doing window dressing and image laundering to appear to be on the side of the masses. Impeach Buhari and it should be known that you guys are not lily-livered and chicken-hearted legislators!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? / Nigeria Policeman Flaunts His Tommy At The Silverbird Entertainment Center, / Broke And Confused, I Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.