Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. (338 Views)

By Their Fruit You Shall Know Them / How Do You Know Them? Simple: You Know "Them" By Their Fruit / "Men Hated The Light Because Their Deeds Were Evil" - Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by elated177: 10:35am On Sep 28, 2022
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Matthew 7: 15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Don't just assume that the God a person is calling or mentioning is the same God you may have in mind or worship. People worship a lot of things as their God and whatever they do or say, they usually have their God in their minds.

What I am saying is that a person's lifestyle is usually a reflection of the spirit in him or her and, by extension, the God he or she worships.

Yahushua the Messiah, our Master and Saviour, has given us - his saints, servants, followers and messengers - one sure way of recognizing or identifying his saints, servants, followers or messengers. It is sumed up like this: "By their fruit you will recognize them. Even those who do not believe in Yahushua the Messiah, but who may want to identify or recognize his saints, servants, followers and messengers, are still admonished to use the same criterion.

Even those who use "name" instead of just the title "God", can still have a different God in mind --- the God they actually worship and whose ways they follow.

So, saints, servants, followers and messengers of Yahushua the Messiah, we must not allow anyone deceive or mislead us. Let us look at what they do --- their deeds.

May our Father in heaven continue to guide and guard us on this righteous walk.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!

1 Like

Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by elated177: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2022
Apt.
Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2022
The problem most Bible readers often have in this verse is whether Jesus was referring to individual differences or groups differences! smiley
Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by elated177: 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
The problem most Bible readers often have in this verse is whether Jesus was referring to individual differences or groups differences! smiley

What do you think?
Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2022
elated177:

What do you think?
You quoted the verse so i'll leave it to you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by elated177: 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You quoted the verse so i'll leave it to you! smiley

Let me quote another one.

Matthew 11: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
elated177:

Let me quote another one.

Matthew 11: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Settle the case of the FRUIT first.
That one talks about people not Christ himself whereas this one talks about Christ in person.

1 Like

Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by elated177: 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Settle the case of the FRUIT first.
That one talks about people not Christ himself whereas this one talks about Christ in person.

Matthew 11: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

See the italicized portion.
Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2022
elated177:

Matthew 11: 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
See the italicized portion.

If you don't know what the FRUIT means it's OK. undecided

1 Like

Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by elated177: 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

If you don't know what the FRUIT means it's OK. undecided

You are always looking for a way to narrow everything down to your organization.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2022
elated177:

You are always looking for a way to narrow everything down to your organization.

But you don't want to talk about group yet you are here talking about fruit. Well it's OK!

1 Like

Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by VenumX: 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

But you don't want to talk about group yet you are here talking about fruit. Well it's OK!

What group(s) does this remind you of Mr islama?

Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by elated177: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2022
Apt!
Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by elated177: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2023
Maxindhouse and group.
Re: Don't Just Assume; Look At Their Deeds. By Their Fruit You Will Recognize Them. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2023
elated177:

Maxindhouse and group.

Since you don't want to talk about group there's no need mentioning names at least you are convinced that you're doing the will of your PERSONAL God just as i am also convinced that i'm doing the will of my PERSONAL God! cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Going To Die Now Or Jesus Comes Now / Where Is The Kingdom Of God? / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.