Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge (34518 Views)

Please Help, My Kid Sister Is In Pains (pics) / I Just Found Out My Sister Is An HIV Patient : Please Help / Help! My Sister Is Seeing Her Period The Second Time This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by Goldie16(f): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2022
RockhouseCafe:

Are you ok. Are you alright at all.

Such drugs come in varying "g" or "mg"....like 5mg, 10mg....and as much as 200mg.

A doctor almost killed a friend by prescribing drug outside of his field of study. He gave him 200mg of a drug when all he needed was 10 mg which was corrected after he went to "Yaba".

My guy go just dey, him mouth go dey open by itself, go belike say all him tougue wan pull come outside.

No try this nonsense wey you just do again oh.

Suprabrain is a supplement, not a drug. It helps with my Hallucinations
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by Goldie16(f): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2022
Mindlog:

A diagnosis has not yet been made by a Psychiatrist, so it is wrong suggesting medication as it is only the Psychiatrist that can prescribe.

It's a supplement and not a drug. Helps with my hallucinations
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by Mindlog: 10:16am On Sep 30, 2022
Goldie16:

It's a supplement and not a drug. Helps with my hallucinations

It is still not advisable to take it till she sees a psychiatrist.
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by RockhouseCafe: 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
Goldie16:

It's a supplement, not a drug

Oh my bad
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by olusegxz: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
Firstly is there is history of anyone else in the family or extended relatives who have experienced any related issues with mental health. Secondly has she gone through any sort of trauma in recent time. Such as sexual related trauma or any major events in her life eg school exams etc that may be a sudden stress factor. Thirdly does she take any drugs such as marijuana. Lastly after her episode does she feel tired, remember what she said or have no recollection. Broadly when people start to have mental health challenges it is either due to a chemical imbalance or degeneration of certain brain synapses. This can happen at any age but it it is mostly due to major stress factors and familiar. Management is long term. Hopefully it is temporary, talking to herself might not be an issue as such, do not let societal norms define her mental state. Athletes are encouraged to talk to themselves for many hours a day in preparation for events. People talk to themselves. And yes she should see a psychiatrist.
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by UCHIHAmask: 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

If she is hearing voices in her head
That is a sure sign of Possession by earthbound spirits.
If she is not hearing voices then you can refer her to mental clinic

But if she is hearing voices that tell her to do certain things. Then no amount of medical science will solve it

So Find out if she is hearing voices then give me feedback
Then i can tell you how to cast those earthbound spirits.

I have been possessed many times by both good spirits and earthbound spirits. So i know the difference b/w the good ones and dark ones.
And i know how to make the dark ones run away from me ( well there are some stubborn ones that take more time to leave)
The most important thing is "does she hear voices in her head?"
That's the only way I can help
Can you tell me about your first experience with possession? How it all began and how you became conscious of it.
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by rhames(m): 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2022
Prechgold1180:

One reason
You are not almighty God

Goodnight sleep well and vote wisely

I definitely will vote wisely.

slowpoke
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by Prechgold1180(m): 6:24am On Oct 01, 2022
rhames:

I definitely will vote wisely.

slowpoke

Fastpoke kpelle
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by Jazzman01: 7:17am On Oct 01, 2022
LyfeJennings:
Hmmmmm
Guy, you ain't replying again on the dead thread, shey you no get ni?
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by rhames(m): 12:11am On Oct 04, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Fastpoke kpelle

Well done daft
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by Prechgold1180(m): 12:53am On Oct 04, 2022
rhames:

Well done daft

Giraffe kpelle
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by rhames(m): 7:24am On Oct 04, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Giraffe kpelle

Derelict
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by DAramis: 4:49am On Oct 07, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

If she is hearing voices in her head
That is a sure sign of Possession by earthbound spirits.
If she is not hearing voices then you can refer her to mental clinic

But if she is hearing voices that tell her to do certain things. Then no amount of medical science will solve it

So Find out if she is hearing voices then give me feedback
Then i can tell you how to cast those earthbound spirits.

That's the only way I can help
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by seangy4konji: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
Its excessive achohol of drugs.

You star halucinating and talk to your self..I have been there.

might be repeating same name or or praying calling some names in the bible.
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by Amarisco(f): 1:28am On Oct 28, 2022
HITsquad:
One scary thing about mental illness is that you don't know when you have it.

But talking alone and laughing alone when no one is watching or around is not that abnormal I guess... You have no idea the things People do when they are all alone, Cos being alone is the only freedom we really have to explore and embrace our natural craziness.

But if she does it when or where people could be watching, Without giving a damn about those people. Then it's probably a sign of early social mental disorder I guess, I don't know sha. professional psychologists in the house will know best.

@ Amarisco come do your thing love...

Humbleoptimist if she does this for more than 2 weeks then she will need a medical assessment where they will check for symptoms of illnesses such as schizophrenia or psychosis. The earlier the intervention the better
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by samirus: 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
Jamesz12:
Please I have a relative who also goes through exact problem and she hears things or better still voices that command her on what to do, we don go church tire. Even carried her to UBTH where she spent one month in their psychiatric ward yet to no avail. Can you help out please
Please how is your relative now , because I have somone who is witnessing the same thing now and their family have really tried there best .
Re: Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge by VanessaKokomama(f): 8:08pm On Mar 13
HumbleOptimist:
Good Day Dear Nairaland Family,

My Sister started behaving weirdly last few Weeks. She laughs alone, talks alone and is sometimes restless especially at Night.

Though she always responds well and correctly when engaged. I've asked her and she told me she doesn't know when that happens and it's unintentional.

I, on my part have tried talking to my Dad to take her to a Mental Health Expert, my Dad seems to believe it is spiritual attack instead.
Please, I need Medical practitioners in the house to help tell me what she's probably suffering from so I can Confidently convince my Dad.

Can you please help move this to front page?

How far with your sister case ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives / 10 Health Benefits Of Wild Lettuce (efo Yanrin In Yoruba) / Anambra TRACAS Driver Bleeds To Death On Steering - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.