Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

Share Your Experiences Playing Virtual Bet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Experiences Playing Virtual Bet (208 Views)

Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha / Lagos Residents Recount Experiences On President’s Visit / Emmanuel Macron Playing Drum With Nigerian Lady (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experiences Playing Virtual Bet by jumper524(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
This ASUU strike ain't helping matters to be honest. So today I went to bet shop to charge my phone and stake one sureeee game when I saw children, plenty in their numbers playing virtual bet. I had to chase them away and warn the cashier there never to play game for those children.. These are just fresh secondary school graduates whom ASUU had cut short their joy of attending their various uni. Most of them when I inquired had good scores in jamb and high chances of gaining admission but we the retired virtual gamblers knew virtual addiction is not something to get into in the first place cos one needs a miracle to get out of it. I later called them and shared my little experience with them and warned them to desist from it as the truth of the matter is that virtual gambling has no winner.
Well I said let me also share my little experience here maybe others who weren't privileged to be advised by elders would desist from it.
Re: Share Your Experiences Playing Virtual Bet by jumper524(m): 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
After so many years of playing virtual gambling with me trying to stop and failing in many situations one of my most funny moment happened around 2018 during my uni days.
I received #10000 from home for some critical issues including buying school materials when I took the full money to virtual shop in gwagwalada. I swear to God, the only thing I bought from that 10k was just youghurt of #200. I remained there from that afternoon in the evening till Nightfall. I lost all that money with zero transport to go back to Giro where I reside. Had to treek from CD plaza back to mini campus. About 30min of treeking on empty stomach. While going back, the smell of suya and other attractive things I saw on my way made me regret my actions.
Fact is, mistake had already been made and I was hoping God would reverse the hands of time. Long story short, I slept in a friend's place in mini campus, I couldn't narrate my ordeal on what happened out of shame.
As God would have it, the next morning God answered my prayers. A friend called me that he has someone looking for hostel space in mini campus and I agreed to do the task. I did the job and made exactly 10k from the deal.
God doings I know but devil still had his plans.
I went straight to a restaurant and eat till I'm satisfied first then again I jetted out straight to virtual shop at the end of the day the story ramained same. I made same mistake twice.
Was I foolish.. yes
Was I addicted.. Yes
I didn't stop virtual gambling there, I lost peoples trust including family trust.
It took me years and will power to finally stop virtual betting. Whenever I see people win in virtual bet, I just laugh cos if there's any sure investment platform it's those programming virtual. They always won in the end and the story has never been different with anyone no matter how smart that person is.
My story is far from the worst so I'll like others to share so people can learn.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Playing Virtual Bet by obiescence: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2022
Omo
Re: Share Your Experiences Playing Virtual Bet by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2022
Hmm
Re: Share Your Experiences Playing Virtual Bet by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2022
Virtual bet is a no go area oooo, I can still remember the day I collected my 30k salary and branch bet9ja shop, the rest na story. Nah borrow I borrow money go house that day.

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: Anambra Sacks Tricycle, Shuttle Bus Unions, Ban Touts / When The Righteous Rules, The People Rejoice - Peter Obi's Case. / Soludo Should Organise Local Government Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.