Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service (20684 Views)

Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service Resumes November 28 / Lockdown: Inter-State Travellers Intercepted In Enugu, Turned Back / Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by CockAndBullStor: 1:54am On Sep 29, 2022
Chiiamaka:
Have they fixed the roads ? Ordinary Berger to sango they haven’t done the road it’s railroad that’s the next halfway project they want to embark on.
Chiamaka, please shut up! How many roads has your governor constructed in the last 30 years? Go back to your potopoto rep and query your leaders there, and stop disturbing our peace here.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by fredoooooo: 2:22am On Sep 29, 2022
Okoroawusa:
If I no vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu make I die

Ọlọhun a ke e , God go bless you ... grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 2:46am On Sep 29, 2022
obynzo:

Lagos to Kano rail line doesn't it pass Abeokuta? Look you guys should not fall for this cheap propaganda. This is just for election gimmicks the routes described are the same routes that they put standard guages for. Who is deceiving who abeg. Fix the roads in that axis abeg.

Lagos to Abeokuta on the New line would be more regular and reach more Towns in Lagos and Ogun States than the Lagos to Kano Rail
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Coldie(m): 2:55am On Sep 29, 2022
KillSars:
Western state teaming up to make hit, creating legacies, afghaneastern state dey give demslves home arrest...

Dem wan come extend am to the whole 36state, no be juju be dat...

Make I even kiss my pvc tonight sef, make inec just blow whistle now make I dey run go polling unit tonight....

Make result show, make somebody pikin cry full baff, me wey no send anybody papa...
U dae write all dz things for people way go declare no referendum no election and seat at home on election day?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:36am On Sep 29, 2022
GeneralPula:
Development after development..

Eledumare bless Yoruba land.
Eledumare bless Nigeria.

Ase!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by t2luv1: 3:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:
It is not just about building it, but at what cost, Lagos lied about their cost of building the blue rail and stole over 1 billion dollars for a job of 182 million dollars, then they will tax the people to pay back over 1 biilion dollars loan with interest that was stolen by Tinubu and his cronies...

When will the people get the real benefits of good governance - OBIDATTI 2023

Exactly why people don't ask how much it's going to cost and when is the expected completion date.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Afamed: 4:09am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:
It is not just about building it, but at what cost, Lagos lied about their cost of building the blue rail and stole over 1 billion dollars for a job of 182 million dollars, then they will tax the people to pay back over 1 biilion dollars loan with interest that was stolen by Tinubu and his cronies...

Show us the ones Obi built in Anambra.

Zombident

2 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Nobody: 4:11am On Sep 29, 2022
Christistruth00:

Lagos to Abeokuta on the New line would be more regular and reach more Towns in Lagos and Ogun States than the Lagos to Kano Rail

I hate people who are not sincere how many towns are in Lagos to Agbado route? These same towns are already covered in the current Lagos to Kano rail that Amaechi modernized that runs through Abeokuta.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 29, 2022
Igboslayer:
Like my father. Omo ale.

i agree with you as you have confirmed your father is an Omo Ale.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by anonimi: 5:00am On Sep 29, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Are you expecting to die from drug overdose from Thiefnuibu the druggie baron

Francis5:
Nigeria’s Next Leader’s Ties to a Heroin Ring

General Muhammed Buhari’s political partner is a former bagman for two heroin traffickers. But that’s just business as usual in Nigeria.

Nigeria’s election last month was celebrated as an unlikely victory for democracy in an African country with a tenuous record of free and fair representation. But the man most responsible for midwifing General Muhammed Buhari’s ballot triumph over current President Goodluck Jonathan has a spotty CV. Former Lagos provincial governor Bola Tinubu, affectionately nicknamed the Jagaban, is today seen as a shrewd if not “deeply Machiavellian” Svengali in Nigeria’s politics as well as the architect of a hugely successful anti-corruption platform. But 20 years ago he had to forfeit nearly half a million dollars to the U.S. Treasury Department after being named as an accomplice in a white heroin-trafficking and money-laundering ring that stretched from West Africa to the U.S. Midwest.

Although his case has been bandied about the Nigerian press for years, Tinubu’s involvement in a federal drug and racketeering investigation waged jointly by the DEA, FBI, and IRS has gone unreported elsewhere, even after his ascendance to Karl Rove-like status last month. A recent gauzy Financial Times profile of him, for instance, neglected to mention that two decades ago Tinubu was identified as a bagman for two Nigerian heroin movers who operated out of Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. They were Adegboyega Mueez Akande and Abiodun Agbele, Akande’s nephew, who was exposed to law enforcement after selling white heroin first to Lee Andrew Edwards, another dealer later jailed for trying to murder a federal agent, and then to an undercover cop.

In a 1993 court docket from the U.S. District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, which The Daily Beast obtained from Sahara Reporters, a Nigeria-focused news outlet, IRS Special Agent Kevin Moss said that Akande had run the white heroin ring in the late 1980s until 1990, when he handed off the U.S arm of the business to his nephew, who had arrived in 1988. Akande then returned to Nigeria but continued to oversee the operation from abroad with the help of others at home and in the United States, including his relatives. One of the individuals identified in his cartel by Moss was Tinubu, then a Chicago State University-educated accountant working as a treasurer for Mobil Oil Nigeria Ltd, a subsidiary of energy giant Mobil Oil, which was still a few years shy of its famous merger with Exxon in 1999.

In the biography section of his official website, Tinubu is described as having emigrated to the United States in 1975 “in search of the proverbial Golden Fleece with a heart brimming with unrelenting determination to achieve his visions.” This is certainly one way to describe his tenure stateside.

In 1989, Moss said in an affidavit, Tinubu established an individual money market account, into which he deposited $1,000 in traveler’s checks, and a negotiable order of withdrawal account (NOW) at First Heritage Bank in Country Club Hills, Illinois. The address Tinubu gave the bank was the same as the listed headquarters of Globe-Link International, the front company owned by Akande and his relatives.

“There’s a trend of various Nigerian politicians at the highest levels involved in dodgy business deals around the world, in property and cash.”

Bank employees told Moss that Akande had personally introduced them to Tinubu in December 1989 when who also opened a joint checking account with his wife, Oluremi Tinubu, who already kept a joint account with Akande’s wife at First Heritage. Five days after the NOW account was opened, $80,000 was wired into it from a bank in Houston maintained by one of Akande’s relatives. Tinubu would later use the NOW account to buy a $10,000 Certificate of Deposit for an $8,000 car loan, listing Akande as his cousin on the application.

At the time, Tinubu’s take home as a Mobil Oil Nigeria executive was a mere $2,400 a month and he claimed not to have any other revenue streams. Yet he still managed to deposit $661,000 into his individual money market account in 1990 and then another $1,216,500 a year later. He also opened more accounts with Citibank in its worldwide personal banking unit, transferring over half a million dollars from his First Heritage money market account into one of them in early 1991.

Mobil Oil Nigeria told Moss that Tinubu’s role at the company never involved transferring large sums of money between banks and that it didn’t keep deposits in any institutions in the south suburbs of Chicago, where First Heritage was based. Moreover, although Tinubu moved back to Nigeria in 1983, he neglected to file U.S. income tax returns after 1984 despite having sizable, interest-generating deposits in American banks. All of this was enough to persuade a magistrate judge of the Northern District to issue seizure warrants for Tinubu’s First Heritage and Citibank accounts. Collectively, more than $1.4 million belonging to the Nigerian was confiscated.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/27/nigeria-s-next-leader-s-ties-to-a-heroin-ring.html

1 Like

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by anonimi: 5:04am On Sep 29, 2022
GeneralPula:

Eledumare bless Nigeria.

Eledumare ko ni nkan lati se pélu awón éni étan ati gbewiri
Since June 2013, how many Lagosians have been transported by Tinubu/Fashola's trains

SB2020:
Interesting facts about Addis Ababa and Lagos light rail projects.

Addis Ababa / Lagos
Cost == $475Million / $1.2Billion
Length == 34km / 27km
Time to Complete == 4years / 7years (projected)
Year Awarded == 2011 / 2008 (Construction began 2010)
Contractor == China Railway Eng. Corp (CREC) /Chinese Civil Eng. Constr. Coy (CCECC)
Population == 5Million / 20Million

Ethiopia has managed to deliver Sub-Saharan Africa’s first modern light rail project which opened in the capital Addis Ababa on Sunday, and in the process, beat Lagos whose own rail project remains four years behind schedule.

Ethiopia’s rail project was delivered on time, despite its being longer than the Lagos – Badagry rail line currently under construction.

Addis Ababa’s two line 34-kilometre system was built by the China Railway Engineering Corporation (CREC) and cost $475m, 85 percent of which has been covered by China’s Exim bank. The Lagos Light Rail Project or Blue on Badagry Expressway, was to have 13 stations from Okokomaiko to Marina via Iddo for a total of 27 kilometres.

The contract was awarded to the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) at the cost of $1.2 billion in 2008, and was to be delivered in 2011. Survey work took one year between August 2009 and August 2010 while construction began July 2010.

The work is being implemented using the public and private partnership (PPP) model, whereby the state builds the infrastructure and the private sector provides the rolling stock and management. However, the project has not worked out according to the plan.
The 2011 deadline was missed, even though the State government got a loan to fund the project.

Source
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/addis-ababa-beats-lagos-to-light-rail-as-construction-delays-mount/

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
January 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the rail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

“The first section of this rail, which started from National Theatre, Orile-Iganmu to Mile 2 Bus Stop, would be fully completed with the tracks laid.

“Construction work will continue on the project from Orile-Iganmu to Marina, the expansion work on the road from Mile 2 to Okokomaiko will also be intensified.

“This is what we do with the loan collected by the government. We don’t use our loan to pay salaries and other recurrent expenditure, what we do with our loan is to provide capital projects that would serve the residents.

“When the project is completed, the state would be at par with other major cities of the world.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/114370-lagos-light-rail-project-to-be-ready-in-june-fashola.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Igboslayer: 5:13am On Sep 29, 2022
obynzo:

i agree with you as you have confirmed your father is an Omo Ale.
Olori pelebe, omo ale. Product of failed parenting.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by sa09011617135(m): 5:21am On Sep 29, 2022
Hey, we have paid vpn datingsite and idcard@affordable rate. Ask original usa phone number for your website app and account authorization. @cheap price
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Theunbothered: 6:39am On Sep 29, 2022
Nice traffic will finally reduce.
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Powersurge: 6:52am On Sep 29, 2022
Okoroawusa:

That's your headache!

Besides, there are many things that could make u not to vote at all on that day. So have some sense and shut up!
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by BennyDGreat: 7:02am On Sep 29, 2022
wunmi590:

Please Lagos should leave out Ogun out of its plan and do it if they can alone, they have a sleeping and confused governor in Ogun state....

That man needs to have started as a local government councillor before being the governor of the state....

Sanwo-Eko please dissociate yourself from that gorimapa man cheesy

I don't think he will come in for second term as it stands
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 7:17am On Sep 29, 2022
obynzo:

I hate people who are not sincere how many towns are in Lagos to Agbado route? These same towns are already covered in the current Lagos to Kano rail that Amaechi modernized that runs through Abeokuta.

There are many Places on the Lagos Agbado route and Towns on the Agbado Abeokuta route that need to be covered by Rail at least twice an hour , on the Lagos to Kano route the Train Service is not that regular

Many places in Lagos like Agege, iju , Agbado were originally Awori Towns And Settlements , Abule Egba was an Egba Village

If the line is extended to Abeokuta it would pass through Sango Ota, Ifo, Wasinmi, Obada

It would open up a lot of Areas

3 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by 2Radii: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

Let him remove his hands from Politics, his intentions are selfish, If he does Nigeria and Lagos will breathe fresh air, but the truth is he will not and as long as he will not, I will not stop also, they say evil thrives when good people do nothing, I know I am not alone in this and as many as we are, we will continue till force him out, either through the ballot or media like I am doing...

Something I've learnt is, if you do not stop a man, A man might not stop, Hitler would have wiped out the entire Jews if he was not stopped, same with Shekau killing people and so on, if people do not stop them, they will grow to become giant monsters that will become harder to stop, Imagine if Tinubu becomes president with this same attitude at the federal level...

Pls can u give me some scenarios to prove Ur allegation on him?

Just some of his undoings

2 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by teepain: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2022
obynzo:

Yes, you have a point that most of the towns are covered in the Lagos-Kano Rail, but the guy you quoted (christistruth00) also raised a valid point which is about the frequency of operations. Like he pointed out, Lagos-Kano trains may not be able to ply the Lagos-Ogun route as many times as the dwellers would want. For instance, before the FG train moves from Lagos-Ibadan-Kano and come back for another haul, a Lagos-Ogun train would have covered that same short route several times and that would be some relief to commuters.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by oneMalik: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2022
That's what you see anywhere there's PEACE and UNITY .

My problem is OGUN state , they never get a good governor since 99 . Lagos is damn congested and millions of people living and working in Lagos but couldn't afford a ahouse in Lagos has a lot of undeveloped properties across the neighbouring communities in Ogun state are willing to build and move down there while still working in Lagos but couldn't do so cos of terrible roads in Ogun state and their govt doesn't care .... look at mowe ,ibafo , obafemi owode and Shango ota and so on.....

1 Like

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Iziquiel(m): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

Let him remove his hands from Politics, his intentions are selfish, If he does Nigeria and Lagos will breathe fresh air, but the truth is he will not and as long as he will not, I will not stop also, they say evil thrives when good people do nothing, I know I am not alone in this and as many as we are, we will continue till force him out, either through the ballot or media like I am doing...

Something I've learnt is, if you do not stop a man, A man might not stop, Hitler would have wiped out the entire Jews if he was not stopped, same with Shekau killing people and so on, if people do not stop them, they will grow to become giant monsters that will become harder to stop, Imagine if Tinubu becomes president with this same attitude at the federal level...
Ok, na Tinubu be the problem of Nigeria and your non-performing Governors, senators, reps, local governments chairmen and councilors are not?

LOL..

3 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by sweetgala(m): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

182 million for a rail line in 2022.
Are you ok ! Do you even know how much a full coach cost plus technical support and 10yrs service parts.

I work for a multinational and I've come to see the real value to industrial parts and services.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by saintrow1: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2022
GeneralPula:

Eledumare bless Nigeria.

Just imagine if we are still in regional government, yorubaland will be the first developed region in Africa.
What will Nigeria be without yoruba people?

3 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by saintrow1: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2022
bizbrainko:
This is what we have been asking for. Collaborative approach between states to engender economic development and prosperity

Only yoruba people get sense now

3 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Tintedsino: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2022
Abuja and nasarawa, see wetin una mates dey do oo, yeye minister....

3 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 9:38am On Sep 29, 2022
sweetgala:

Are you ok ! Do you even know how much a full coach cost plus technical support and 10yrs service parts.

I work for a multinational and I've come to see the real value to industrial parts and services.

Don’t Mind him

It costs over $50 Million to build 1 km of Railway and the line is 27 km
Not Considering the Fact that the Rail line passes on top of the Sea between Ebutte Metta and Marina

Is it Cheap to build a Railway on top of the Sea ?

Does he think it is Moinmoin Money that is used to build a Railway on Top Of Sea Water ?

If the Railway costs only $182 Million how come his Governor hasn’t built one in his State yet ?

3 Likes

Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 9:57am On Sep 29, 2022
sweetgala:

Oga leave that thing, even if the price changed it cannot be to the tune of over 1 billion dollars, haba!
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Iziquiel:

Ok, na Tinubu be the problem of Nigeria and your non-performing Governors, senators, reps, local governments chairman and councilors are not?

LOL..

I live in Lagos and I pay taxes to Lagos, this rail line will be repaid back with taxes for the loan they used to execute it, so I am paying for something some people have stolen already...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
2Radii:

Pls can u give me some scenarios to prove Ur allegation on him?

Just some of his undoings

This one we are discussing about is one already, if it was not we will not be having this discussion in the first place...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Promising5555: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Tinubu did not build a rail road, mind you, stop giving the good works of others to Tinubu for glory
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Brendaniel: 10:06am On Sep 29, 2022
Afamed:

Show us the ones Obi built in Anambra.

Zombident

I live in Lagos and I pay taxes to Lagos, this rail line will be repaid back with taxes for the loan they used to execute it, so I am paying for something some people have stolen already...
Re: Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service by Christistruth00: 10:13am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

No

The loan will be repaid through the Train Fares Collected

Please don’t give out Wromg Information

You are free to pay your Taxes elsewhere that makes you happy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Dies And 14 Others Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Onitsha / FRSC Vehicle Loses Control, Kills Two, Injures Five In Bauchi / What Will You Miss If You Leave Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.