Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Edet Edem Akpan Celebrating Igbo's Culture On His 2022 Birthday - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edet Edem Akpan Celebrating Igbo's Culture On His 2022 Birthday (285 Views)

The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Female Inheritance: Supreme Court, Igbo Culture In Head-on Collision / Stop Promoting Igbo Culture Says Dein Of Agbor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edet Edem Akpan Celebrating Igbo's Culture On His 2022 Birthday by edet19892015(m): 1:08am On Sep 29, 2022
This year's birthday I am celebrating igbo's culture and heritage, according to Wikipedia Ọmenala ndị Igbo are the customs, practices and traditions of the Igbo people of Eastern Nigeria. It consists of ancient practices as well as new concepts added into the Igbo culture either by cultural evolution or by outside influence. These customs and traditions include the Igbo people's visual art, music and dance forms, as well as their attire, cuisine and language dialects.

Modern Igbo traditional attire is generally made up, for men, of the Isiagu top which resembles the African Dashiki. Isiagu or Ishi agu is usually patterned with lions heads embroidered over the clothing, It can also be plain, usually black. It is worn with trousers and can be worn with either a traditional title holders hat a fez named okpu agu or agwu, or with the traditional Igbo stripped men's hat which resembles the Bobble hat. For women, an embodied puffed sleeve blouse influenced by European attire along with two wrappers usually modern Hollandis material and a head scarf are worn.

Abacha is my favourite Igbo delicacy and the first state I visited in Igbo Land is Enugu State.
My Igbo name is Ikemefuna and self acclaimed Igbo chieftaincy title is Ichie Ifechukwude. I love Igbo people because they are friendly and industrious.
Igbo Kwenu! Kwenu Kwezo Nu!

Happy Birthday!
Ikemefuna Elite Edet Edem Akpan
Ichie Ifechukwude.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mkpesetv As A New Pan African Cultural TV / Any Onitsha Indigene In The House? / How To See Your EGBE Orun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.