Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Why Does Airtel Always Gives Me 50℅ Of The Data I Bought? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Does Airtel Always Gives Me 50℅ Of The Data I Bought? (524 Views)

Please Recommend A Good Phone For Me.50-60k / Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone / See How Much Data I Used In One Week With NTEL (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Airtel Always Gives Me 50℅ Of The Data I Bought? by Aminu212: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
Hello NL, i have been having this experience with Airtel.

Whenever I bought data, the value of the data I will be able to use is just 50℅.

For instance, if I bought night bundle 25 for 250mb, after downloading something of 125mb, the mb will just vanish.

I thought it was a mistake from their night plan so I stop using Airtel for night plans.

Recently i decided to buy sme data plans and i discovered the fast data drainage so I thought maybe they are just doing it so that people will not buy sme data.

But something came to my mind, i.e to determine experimentally how much data I was always given and also to prove or disprove my assumption that that they are draining sme data fast as a way to make people not buy sme data.

So I decided to risk N50 for 40mb normal data plan from Airtel themselves, by then I have already put something of about 30mb in my download list so that I will start it immediately after purchasing the plan.

Lo and behold smiley grin

After 20mb downloaded, it stopped moving so I decided to off DATA and check data,
Guess what, Data was GONE undecided

Conclusion : Airtel gives 50℅ value of the data you bought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Airtel Always Gives Me 50℅ Of The Data I Bought? by jojothaiv(m): 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2022
Aminu212:
Hello NL, i have been having this experience with Airtel.

Whenever I bought data, the value of the data I will be able to use is just 50℅.

For instance, if I bought night bundle 25 for 250mb, after downloading something of 125mb, the mb will just vanish.

I thought it was a mistake from their night plan so I stop using Airtel for night plans.

Recently i decided to buy sme data plans and i discovered the fast data drainage so I thought maybe they are just doing it so that people will not buy sme data.

But something came to my mind, i.e to determine experimentally how much data I was always given and also to prove or disprove my assumption that that they are draining sme data fast as a way to make people not buy sme data.

So I decided to risk N50 for 40mb normal data plan from Airtel themselves, by then I have already put something of about 30mb in my download list so that I will start it immediately after purchasing the plan.

Lo and behold smiley grin

After 20mb downloaded, it stopped moving so I decided to off DATA and check data,
Guess what, Data was GONE undecided

Conclusion : Airtel gives 50℅ value of the data you bought.
You're absolutely right.

Sub for the 200 Naira 1 Gig weekly data, lo and behold after downloading Company Portal on my work station, reply to few chats and log on Facebook, everything went back to zero.

Strangely enough it was less than 24 hours...
Re: Why Does Airtel Always Gives Me 50℅ Of The Data I Bought? by Parachoko: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
Download an app that will let you monitor the amount of data you use
Re: Why Does Airtel Always Gives Me 50℅ Of The Data I Bought? by Olamidey04: 7:27am On Oct 01, 2022
Seriously u are not alone ajeh,dat's why i change to mtn and glo but glo is the best
Re: Why Does Airtel Always Gives Me 50℅ Of The Data I Bought? by Honchoslim16(m): 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2022
Airtel used to be after my Life.. Until I switched to Glo last week.

And yes i love it!
Re: Why Does Airtel Always Gives Me 50℅ Of The Data I Bought? by slimmax: 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2022
it's not just airtel , mtn does such. After 250mb sub one can't access the last 20 to 40mb

1 Like

Re: Why Does Airtel Always Gives Me 50℅ Of The Data I Bought? by d3cod3r(m): 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2022
Airtel are criminals. This is what NCC should be regulating instead of giving us fake virus warnings.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm Looking For Samsung Galaxy A30 Motherboard / My Iphone No Gree Make Call Since Yesterday. What Could Be The Cause. Anyone Wit / Is Gbwhatsapp APK Is Safe To Use???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.