Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) (53627 Views)

German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps / My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / BRT Scraps Short-distance Tickets, To Commute 20 Passengers Per Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Holiness2100: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOoH8nO_fV0
INCLUSIVITY: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniform, Male Pilots Can Now Wear Skirts

Virgin Atlantic unveiled a revamped uniform policy Wednesday that will do away with gendered clothing requirements for its staff and introduce pronoun badges for crew members and customers.

The UK-based airline said that, effective immediately, all of its pilots, flight attendants and ground crew members will be given a choice to wear either of its Vivienne Westwood-designed burgundy or red uniforms featuring pants or skirts — “no matter their gender, gender identity, or gender expression.”

Virgin Atlantic said it wants to “champion the individuality” of its staffers by enabling them to wear clothing that “expresses how they identify or present themselves.”

Besides the new approach to work clothing, the carrier, which described itself as “the most inclusive airline in the world,” also rolled out optional pronoun badges for its employees and passengers.

The badges can be requested by travelers at check-in starting Wednesday.

“This move enables everyone to clearly communicate and be addressed by their pronouns,” the airline stated.

As part of its progressive new policy, Virgin Atlantic has also updated its ticketing systems to allow for those who hold passports with gender neutral gender markers to select “U” or “X” gender codes on their booking, as well as the gender-neutral title, “Mx,” instead of the traditional “Ms,” “Mr” or “Mrs.”

Currently, citizens from a small number of countries including the US, India and Pakistan, are able to hold these gender-neutral passports.

The airline has recruited a group of TV personalities and social media influencers, led by RuPaul’s Drag Race star Michelle Visage, to promote its non-gendered uniform policy.

“As the mother of a non-binary child, and as an ally to the LGBTQ+ community, these efforts by Virgin Atlantic to further inclusivity for its people are extremely important and personal to me,” Visage said in a statement. “People feel empowered when they are wearing what best represents them, and this gender identity policy allows people to embrace who they are and bring their full selves to work.”

https://nypost.com/2022/09/28/virgin-atlantic-scraps-gendered-uniforms-will-hand-out-pronoun-badges/amp/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Righteousness2(m): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
The World is sick and is heading Speedily for Destruction just as it was in the days of Noah and Lot.
Sodom and Gomorrah was Destroyed by Fire.
Those in Days of Noah were destroyed by Flood.

I wonder what GOD will use this time. But one thing is sure.Destruction is Coming Speedily.
The mic is already being tested all over the world.
Escape For your Life. Run to JESUS Christ.
Live Ready. There is no more time.

220 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Urheadmaster(m): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
The poster ahead of me have described where the world is heading grin

And Nigeria is definitely not on board tongue

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by VeryWickedGoat: 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
Righteousness2:
The World is sick and is heading Speedily for Destruction just as it was in the days of Noah and Lot.
Sodom and Gomorrah was Destroyed by Fire.
Those in Days of Noah were destroyed by Flood.
I wonder what GOD will use this time.

Destruction is Coming Speedily. The mic is already being tested all over the world.
Escape For your Life. Run to JESUS Christ.
Live Ready. There is no more time.

Oga I agree with you tonight.
Tell God not to stress himself because I will handle the destruction myself.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by odinaccess: 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2022
The rate at which this is going ,how do African travellers react when attended to by a man on skirt (I fit blow person eyes I swear)

176 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by FORHII: 10:04am On Sep 30, 2022
kai! This people are just mad! walahi! whats all these nonsense ? "she/her" my foot.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
They really wanna force LGBTQ+ down everyone's throat on this planet Earth undecided

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by EgusiShankly: 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
Anything they want turn demselves into, na dem Sabi

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Kingozymandias(m): 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2022
angry

The downfall of the British empire is coming fast . It's unfortunate indeed

Edited apologies for the earlier error I meant to type united kingdom and toyed America in error. Thank you for all those who corrected me grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by AroOkigbo(m): 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2022
End time is real

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by gustav25: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
odinaccess:
The rate at which this is going ,how do African travellers react when attended to by a man on skirt (I fit blow person eyes I swear)

See you , see Muritala

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by xpressionx(m): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
These so called western world has lost it.
Reason africa should recolonize them,but we are here tracing cattle grazing routes

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Delacroix6(m): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
Shite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by NuraSambo: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
Jesus is coming again; and He is coming very soon

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Moh247: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
shocked

Auzubillah Minashaitan Nirajeem,

At this point , I join that righteous guy to say the world might be coming to an end

Imagine experiencing flight turbulence with fear and you get to know your pilot is a skirt wearing gay

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Calibrator: 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
Sodom and Gomorrah deserve a very big apology from God!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Lorayne(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is pure madness!

7 Likes

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by abdul4new(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
End time is near than you think

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is so cool smiley

Live your life, let me live mine. Identify as what you want and I will do same.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Juanmike(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
Nothing wrong with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Hambivert: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is sparogatively the beginning of the end.
Although our leaders have been stupid, I just thank God that they've not been stupid enough to allow this nonsense.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by bestman09(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
sad

1 Like

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by revived2: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
Gbogbon yin to yawrey grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by Sitwalkstand: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
Madness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by KanwuliaExtra: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
Are they accepting ticket payment in NAIRA or not?

If dem like make dem wear “King Camilla Tampon” logo. Not my consine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by kingsways: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
Madness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by ba2remagaji: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
Re: Virgin Atlantic Scraps Gendered Uniforms, Will Hand Out Pronoun( Pics) by DrDax: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
Two02:
Lord God what kind of Faggotry is this, what do the alphabet globalist mafia want. The funny thing is this pronouns shit is taught in schools, some people even say instead of using he/him or she/her, they want to be referred to as They/Them, Ze/Zer the other day Amanpour wanted to rope President Ruto with this alphabet people Problem.. This is just the plan to emasculate men.

Legion, for we are many....

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

How Much Would It Cost To Travel To Dubai? / I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) / BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.