Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Economists Predict Further Devaluation Of Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economists Predict Further Devaluation Of Naira (133 Views)

Hunger In The Land: Top Economists Hand To-do-list To Tinubu / Inflation Was Lower When CBN Governors Were Economists / This Video Can Spark Riot Or Chaos Over Fuel Hike & Devaluation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Economists Predict Further Devaluation Of Naira by Health16: 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2022
As candidates begin to campaign for the 2023 general elections, economists have expressed a belief that the naira would further lose its value.

Amongst the economists is the Professor of Economics at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State, Sherrifdeen Tella, who warned that should politicians release too much cash into the system, there might be dire consequences for the country.

Tella said, “If it is foreign currency, the economy will be awash with a lot of foreign currencies which on the one hand is good. But on the other hand, it is bad because it will cause a lot of inflation. It will further depreciate the naira because people will start changing the foreign currencies to naira that they can spend, and that will cause a further depreciation of the naira. That will result in a higher level of inflation because of the fact that it will lead to a higher cost of production.”

Read Story: https://newsrand.com/2022/09/30/economists-predict-further-devaluation-of-naira/
Re: Economists Predict Further Devaluation Of Naira by Ever8090: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2022
That is good news, I will keep my 100 dollars till then..let me tell my wife not to go change the money again make we wait small

(1) (Reply)

I Can Vouch For Peter Obi; A Living Saint / Rights Activist, Eholo, Picks Holes In Buhari's Lists Of National Honours. / Electoral Process Under The New Election Law Explained.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.