Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency (1891 Views)

Sanusi: Buhari Should Be Impeached For Spending Millions Of Dollars On Subsidy / INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki / Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by sanpipita(m): 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
ELEVEN years after his impeachment, the presidency has confirmed that former governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, did not commit any crime deserving removal from office but that his offence was his refusal to inflate the budget
of the state.

Commenting on the incident, Senior Special Assistant to President Muhamadu Buhari on Media and Publicity , Garba Shehu, in an article released on Sunday to commemorate the third anniversary of the Buhari Presidency, listed Obi as one of those who suffered injustice while in office as governor.

Corroborating the report, Chief Stephen Okeke, a
community leader in Anambra State, said the statement was true. He went on to name other reasons for Obi’s impeachment thus: “It was not just the request to inflate the budget and accommodate their interests, they also gave as
reason, the use of N43.2million by Mr. Peter Obi to repair the burnt Governor’s House for which 298 million was already appropriated in the budget; the use of N81 million for the reconstruction of the burnt Governor’s Lodge for which N486 million was also appropriated.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/obi-impeached-refusing-inflate-anambra-budget-presidency/amp/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by successmatters(m): 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2022
Peter Obi asked them, "So you have been killing a cow daily in this government house?, for who?

"For government house guests Sir"

Obi: "Go and buy meat for thr government house kitchen at that mallam shops" grin

29 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Brainmytool: 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
Na garba shehu talk that ting?
Ok o
e don dey set

Obi will not pity any of u

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Tenses: 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
I
Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Win12345: 6:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
Obi is the father of modern Anambra State, if not for laxity of Obiano in security matter, the state would have been more prosperous than its today.

23 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Advocate500: 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Obi is a good man with good intentions for the people, but evil people are doing everything to sabotage him.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Salvador1: 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
Truth is now coming out even from APC camp.

Nlfpmod seun lalasticlala mynd44 front page joor.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by mycar: 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
The best man for the job

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by pinkPUSSY(f): 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
ThrowbackBitterthruth

Nlfpmod

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Kingspin(m): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
Even if Tinubu say he is unfit to rule Nigeria some people will not believe him.
So, whatever Peter Obi did, the same set of people will always find an excuse.

Keep looking for excuses not to vote for Obi.

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Typicool8(m): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
Brainmytool:
Na garba shehu talk that ting?

Ok o

e don dey set

Obi will not pity any of u

Actually they never thought he would come out for president one day...urchins won't see this

Obi all the way

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by HeRulesMen: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
Presidency is becoming Obidient

15 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Betanaija42moro: 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
Obi is an unconventional Nigerian politician.

This is the kind of people we need as Leaders in this country.

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Ttalk: 6:27pm On Sep 30, 2022
Garba Shehu sha want lead Obi to waste his money. The attempt to force Obi to go into election he is bound to lose is not a good thing, the hailing will not even allowed him to remember he needs to port to Atiku side.
A vote for Peter Obi is a vote for Tinubu
Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Christistruth00: 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2022
Are you Certain he was not impeached for the Pandora Papers Affair ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by pinkPUSSY(f): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ttalk:
Garba Shehu sha want lead Obi to waste his money. The attempt to force Obi to go into election he is bound to lose is not a good thing, the hailing will not even allowed him to remember he needs to port to Atiku side.
A vote for Peter Obi is a vote for Tinubu

Tinubu urchings this una campaign tactics is getting stale.. Nobody is buying it... Try another format

Ttalk:
On Tinubu's mandate we ad gidigba

See ur previous comment... After election you will stand on his ballss

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by nabiz(m): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
Nigerians! Nigerians!! How many times have I called you. God has answer your prayer oo, buy give you Peter obi. Let no one disturb my nebourhood with prayer after 2023 oo

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by kozmicity: 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2022
Just watch as those agbado juntas will drag Tinubu into this... You cannot associate a bat with integrity. I mean, does anything come out of darkness?
grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by BloomingDale(f): 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2022

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Sonyboom765: 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
Vanguard should quote Garba Sheu n not so Igbo clown. Below is what Garba Sheu said n I quote he never mention Peter Obi.

Waiting patiently for Garba Sheu rebuttal.

stanlouiz:

Commenting on the incident, Senior Special Assistant to President Muhamadu Buhari on Media and Publicity , Garba Shehu, in an article released on Sunday to commemorate the third anniversary of the Buhari Presidency, listed Obi as one of those who suffered injustice while in office as governor.

While below is what Obi Igbo kinsmen Who nobody knows where is from said

staluiz:

Corroborating the report, Chief Stephen Okeke, a community leader in Anambra State, said the statement was true. He went on to name other reasons for Obi’s impeachment thus: “It was not just the request to inflate the budget and accommodate their interests, they also gave as reason, the use of N43.2million by Mr. Peter Obi to repair the burnt Governor’s House for which 298 million was already appropriated in the budget; the use of N81 million for the reconstruction of the burnt Governor’s Lodge for which N486 million was also appropriated.”
Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by stanluiz(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is the man Nigeria needs!

Someone that will cut of waste and aggressively reduce cost of governance.

Obi 2023.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by sanpipita(m): 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2022
Advocate500:
Obi is a good man with good intentions for the people, but evil people are doing everything to sabotage him.

They just want the old ways to continue, ways that bring no progress to Nigerians
Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by WibusJaga: 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2022

One of the key ingredients of Good Leadership is Integrity. & I rank Obi miles ahead of Atiku & Tinubu in this regard.

God bless Peter Obi (the Preferred Choice of Sensible/Knowledgeable Nigerians) & our incoming President of Nigeria. ✌️ kiss

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by AntiBMC(m): 6:48pm On Sep 30, 2022
The no shi shi governor was bad for their business, so they impeached him.
Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by StrongandMighty: 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is the kind of news that lead urchins to depression..

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by JealousCobra(m): 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
This kind of sensational News won't hit front page, if it were to be the contrary, Seun ati nlfpmod would have catapulted it to the promise Land.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Innocentman86: 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2022
Suen, mynd44, Dominique.ishilove front page.
Lasticlala I could have called you out but too bad they sacked you,but you still remain my best moderator angry angry angry sad
Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Racoon(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2022
Festus Keyamo, Dino Melaye, and Tinubu miscreants hope una dey hear?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by OldNairalander(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
Stop being foolish, i am a key APC official in my local government even but the way you guys go about this thing is demarketing the APC candidate.
FYI I will benefit more if APC wins Presidency and my states governorship ( which I'm championing) but I have every reason to believe that APC have nothing to offer at the federal level. BAT may have good intention but His Presidency will definitely be hijacked just like Buhari.

I am receiving my usual monthly campaign allowance as a local government party Secretary but I still have my senses intact.
Stop constituting nuisance here

Sonyboom765:
Vanguard should quote Garba Sheu n not so Igbo clown. Below is what Garba Sheu said n I quote he never mention Peter Obi.

Waiting patiently for Garba Sheu rebuttal.

While below is what Obi Igbo kinsmen Who nobody knows where is from said

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by LocalStandard1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2022
Nlfpmod seun lalasticlala mynd44 This is a news from 2018 from the Presidency, a throwback, pls front page.
Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Coolbreeze1988(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2022
The most probed aspirant, and he has been verified as the best and most preferred candidate in the 2023 election. He will be the one to speak during the next presidential broadcast during next year's independence ceremony

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Impeached For Refusing To Inflate Budget - Presidency by Sonyboom765: 7:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
You have to be mad n a bastard for quoting. I not even an apc member. What as vanguard attaching Garba Sheu name to a claim he never stated got to do with APC Tinubu or any delusion you have or have you gone mad truly.

OldNairalander:
Stop being foolish, i am a key APC official in my local government even but the way you guys go about this thing is demarketing the APC candidate.
FYI I will benefit more if APC wins Presidency and my states governorship ( which I'm championing) but I have every reason to believe that APC have nothing to offer at the federal level. BAT may have good intention but His Presidency will definitely be hijacked just like Buhari.

I am receiving my usual monthly campaign allowance as a local government party Secretary but I still have my senses intact.
Stop constituting nuisance here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bashir El-rufai Is Making Mockery Of Yoruba Nation With Igboho / State-by State Analysis: Predicting The Winner Of 2023 Presidential Election / Lagos State Threatening Message To State Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.