Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions (1273 Views)

Ask An Atheist: Stupid Questions / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / Atheist Questions "Incest" In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Davidf555: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
Got any questions for atheists?
Bring it on
Ask what's on your mind
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
Davidf555:
Bring it on
Ask what's on your mind
Why did you resolve to spend your time in boredom in this manner? You even went as far as to create a completely separate moniker for this endeavor, why? What meaning do you hope to gain from this endeavor? undecided
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Snitch24(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2022
can there be a god without a religion
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2022
Snitch24:
Why bind the existence of a deity to religion? undecided
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2022
Davidf555:
Bring it on
Ask what's on your mind

Please i will give you more than a year (if you want) to meditate thoroughly before answering this question:

Just one question: in the absence of a supreme being what logic do you think can be of help to make human beings cohabit peacefully! undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Davidf555: 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please i will give you more than a year (if you want) to meditate thoroughly before answering this question:

Just one question: in the absence of a supreme being what logic do you think can be of help to make human beings cohabit peacefully! undecided
Humans can cohabit peacefully without having to refer to a supreme being.
The most peaceful countries in the world are countries where the majority doesn't believe in a supreme being.
In the name of religion more harms have been done to the world than any genocide or war.
From the crusades in middle east to the terrorism in Africa.
There's this believe" if I do this, my god would reward me"
However the absence of religion signifies you come to fact with your mortality.
You see no sense why someone should be killed or why there should be any argument about a thing or war.
Iceland is a country where 99% of its youth population doesn't believe in God and it's among the most peaceful countries in the world

3 Likes

Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Davidf555: 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2022
Snitch24:
No. They're basically the same.
religion revolves around the idea of a God
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Ever8090: 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
My question is..

who cares about your atheism?
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
Davidf555:

The most peaceful countries in the world are countries where the majority doesn't believe in a supreme being.

I doubt if you know the indepth meaning of the term "peaceful" because if you do you won't say the above.

Let me ask you: do these so called peaceful countries live together without using weapons to threaten one another into abiding by rules?

Peace means completely trusting your neighbour without anyone forcing what all of you agree upon as standard for right and wrong. In the case where some are PAID to serve as law enforcement agents in any society then there's no peace because it's the weapons that replaces the supreme being making those issuing orders to the law enforcement agents gods in disguise! smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Davidf555: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I doubt if you know the indepth meaning of the term "peaceful" because if you do you won't say the above.

Let me ask you: do these so called peaceful countries live together without using weapons to threaten one another into abiding by rules?

Peace means completely trusting your neighbour without anyone forcing what all of you agree upon as standard for right and wrong. In the case where some are PAID to serve as law enforcement agents in any society then there's no peace because it's the weapons that replaces the supreme being making those issuing orders to the law enforcement agents gods in disguise! smiley
So you believe in religion there's absolutely peace. Quite interesting.
What you're bringing up is entirely another topic. Do i have to believe in the same thing as my neighbor before we can live peacefully? Or we must both believe in God before we live together in peace?
You claim in places there's no religion weapons replace the religion which is quite an interesting opinion. .
So I'm going to let you give me your reference fact checked by international organizations

1 Like

Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Snitch24(m): 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
i think we are having issues with english language here
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by kkins25(m): 10:36pm On Sep 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Has either ever existed on its own?
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2022
kkins25:
Has either ever existed on its own?
Yes! Depending on the definition of religion you subscribe to, it is possible to have a relationship with a deity without it being as defined by any particular group or system of men. undecided
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by sonofthunder: 10:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
Where did the big bang come from?
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by sonofthunder: 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2022
Davidf555:

In the name of religion more harms have been done to the world than any genocide or war.
From the crusades in middle east to the terrorism in Africa.
There's this believe" if I do this, my god would reward me"
However the absence of religion signifies you come to fact with your mortality.
You see no sense why someone should be killed or why there should be any argument about a thing or war.
Iceland is a country where 99% of its youth population doesn't believe in God and it's among the most peaceful countries in the world

Fictitious assumptions
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
Davidf555:

So you believe in religion there's absolutely peace. Quite interesting.
What you're bringing up is entirely another topic. Do i have to believe in the same thing as my neighbor before we can live peacefully? Or we must both believe in God before we live together in peace?
You claim in places there's no religion weapons replace the religion which is quite an interesting opinion. .
So I'm going to let you give me your reference fact checked by international organizations

I just displayed to you the indepth of higher intelligence my guy!
Legality has everything to do with supremacy so it's either you settle for the authority of a SUPREME BEING or WEAPONS.
The funny thing here is that in the midst of those who truly settle for the authority of the SUPREME BEING they don't need weapons to enforce or keep legality going but where people don't agree to settle for a SUPREME BEING they will need weapons and by the end of the day one of them will still become the supreme being who has the final say even when his opinion goes against what has been agreed upon by all involved! wink

Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by kkins25(m): 2:41am On Oct 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yes! Depending on the definition of religion you subscribe to, it is possible to have a relationship with a deity without it being as defined by any particular group or system of men. undecided
My question is, show me where God has existed outside the make belief system of religion?
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Oct 01, 2022
kkins25:
My question is, show me where God has existed outside the make belief system of religion?
Show you? undecided

When men first encountered God in scripture - Adam, Noah, Abraham... was it via religion(a system or beliefs), or was it through personal encounter much the same as you would say another individual with whom you then enter into a contract with? undecided
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Davidf555: 2:52am On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I just displayed to you the indepth of higher intelligence my guy!
Legality has everything to do with supremacy so it's either you settle for the authority of a SUPREME BEING or WEAPONS.
The funny thing here is that in the midst of those who truly settle for the authority of the SUPREME BEING they don't need weapons to enforce or keep legality going but where people don't agree to settle for a SUPREME BEING they will need weapons and by the end of the day one of them will still become the supreme being who has the final say even when his opinion goes against what has been agreed upon by all involved! wink

There isn't an ounce of intelligence here, what you just did was to type rubbish without facts or statics
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:47am On Oct 01, 2022
Davidf555:

There isn't an ounce of intelligence here, what you just did was to type rubbish without facts or statics

Of course you can't grasp the intelligence here since you've concluded in your mind that it's all about religion.
Well (true) religion only comes in when there is perfect peace and not the other way around, in the case where people still depend on what they can use as threat to force their fellow human to comply with certain rules then God is missing and Satan is the sole entity those involved are worshiping.
So don't think religion comes first rather it's a form of understanding that leads to pure worship (true religion)
And as for statistics you can name a society or community where atheism is the order without any form of deity (ruler) who uses armed security operatives to force everyone into compliance with certain rules.
I know a society where all members agreed to live by the same line of thought and doesn't use physical weapons nor armed security operatives in anything they want to do rather they relied solely on the words of the supreme being GOD! smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Dtruthspeaker: 5:51am On Oct 01, 2022
Davidf555:

No. They're basically the same.
religion revolves around the idea of a God

Do you real eyes that religion means
religion
/rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.

So, even your posting here and your anti-Godness is a religion!
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Dtruthspeaker: 5:56am On Oct 01, 2022
sonofthunder:

Fictitious assumptions

Crime and family and romance sections have already proven that his speculation is exactly like telling a hungry man that one day he could eat air and be filled and be cured of his hunger.
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Wilgrea7(m): 6:25am On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Considering the fact that belief in a supreme being hasn't made humans coexist with each other peacefully, I don't think taking a supreme being out of the equation can do any more damage.. If anything, it'll reduce it
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Wilgrea7(m): 6:35am On Oct 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Show you? undecided

When men first encountered God in scripture - Adam, Noah, Abraham... was it via religion(a system or beliefs), or was it through personal encounter much the same as you would say another individual with whom you then enter into a contract with? undecided

Question... Do you believe Ra, Vishnu, Allah, Krishna, and other deities in other religions exist?.. because the very same "encounter" people like Abraham had in the bible were also similarly had by people in other religions.

I have some follow up questions.. but I'd like you to hear your response on this first
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Wilgrea7(m): 6:38am On Oct 01, 2022
sonofthunder:
Where did the big bang come from?

What??
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:40am On Oct 01, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Considering the fact that belief in a supreme being hasn't made humans coexist with each other peacefully, I don't think taking a supreme being out of the equation can do any more damage.. If anything, it'll reduce it

You're wrong!
There has never been a time people agreed on the issue of a SUPREME BEING until Jehovah's Witnesses went round the world to gather people who are interested in the supreme being {Matthew 28:19-20} it's politics that always leads to chaos not the believe in a supreme being so God's people (JWs) have erased politics from the hearts of millions in their group!
The result seen among JWs on the idea of a SUPREME BEING shows that there's no other way to peaceful coexistence apart from the belief in GOD! Matthew 5:14-16
Most atheists do conclude that since Israelites fought wars and it was God who commanded them then the believe in a supreme being has failed to yield positive result regarding peace but logically it was politics that lead to trouble between the Israelites and those nations not the belief in God. Note that all those who believe in the idea of a SUPREME BEING knew that the Israelites weren't just coming to take over their land rather it's the work of a God who has proved to be the SUPREME BEING! Joshua 2:8-13

1 Like

Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by kkins25(m): 6:41am On Oct 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Show you? undecided

You using religious fairy tales to justify an argument that should prove the existence of God outside religion. Surely, God must exist outside the lenses of prophets?

2 Likes

Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Dtruthspeaker: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Do you now see how mad you are?

If evils and crimes are these bad yet we have the police and co, how would it then be if there was none at all?

This has already answered you

https://www.nairaland.com/7359975/bandits-levy-12-million-tax
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Wilgrea7(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you now see how mad you are?

If evils and crimes are these bad yet we have the police and co, how would it then be if there was none at all?

This has already answered you

https://www.nairaland.com/7359975/bandits-levy-12-million-tax

Your logic is outstanding... And not in a good way.

You're trying to equate the belief in a God to the existence of police. I can't even begin to point out the number of things wrong with it.

For starters, we don't have policemen telling common folk to stone certain people to death, or to kill people who don't believe in their version of police.

Secondly.. the existence of police and the possible existence of a yet to be proven God are not the same thing.

My point was that crimes are committed in the name of a non-existent sky daddy. And the removal of belief in said sky daddy would reduce the occurrence of crimes related to it.
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by Wilgrea7(m): 6:55am On Oct 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You're wrong!
There has never been a time people agreed on the issue of a SUPREME BEING until Jehovah's Witnesses went round the world to gather people who are interested in the supreme being {Matthew 28:19-20} it's politics that always leads to chaos not the believe in a supreme being so God's people (JWs) have erased politics from the hearts of millions in their group!
The result seen among JWs on the idea of a SUPREME BEING shows that there's no other way to peaceful coexistence apart from the belief in GOD! Matthew 5:14-16
Most atheists do conclude that since Israelites fought wars and it was God who commanded them then the believe in a supreme being has failed to yield positive result regarding peace but logically it was politics that lead to trouble between the Israelites and those nations not the belief in God. Note that all those who believe in the idea of a SUPREME BEING knew that the Israelites weren't just coming to take over their land rather it's the work of a God who has proved to be the SUPREME BEING! Joshua 2:8-13

Rather than address the points made, you went on a meaningless rant about the ineffectiveness of your organization.

Bravo.
Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:58am On Oct 01, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Question... Do you believe Ra, Vishnu, Allah, Krishna, and other deities in other religions exist?.. because the very same "encounter" people like Abraham had in the bible were also similarly had by people in other religions.
I have some follow up questions.. but I'd like you to hear your response on this first

Of course they exist but the spirits behind this names are demons (fallen angels) that's why none of them was able to go round the world to gather people from all races in their name like JEHOVAH the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob did! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3, 5 compare to Zechariah 8:23 and Act 15:14

So those gods surely exist but they never proved to be SUPREME like JEHOVAH the God of Israel who asked His own worshipers to drop physical weapons and used His Holy Spirit to go round the world and gather obedient mankind for His name! Zechariah 4:6

1 Like

Re: Meet And Ask An Atheist Questions by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03am On Oct 01, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Rather than address the points made, you went on a meaningless rant about the ineffectiveness of your organization.
Bravo.

Do you know what ineffectiveness truly means?
Well it's the direct opposite of effectiveness which connotes ability to do something without force, more than 8,000,000 people have come out from all races throughout the earth and they have all agreed to live by the same line of thought never to raise weapons against anyone again but continue to work with people who have agreed to make the world a better place {Isaiah 2:2-4} and here you called that ineffectiveness?
Wow! As in WOW! undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senior Muslim Cleric (sheik Al-hilali) Blames Women For Rape / Fornication And Adultry. / Bishop David Oyedepo Is A Fraud - Musician Tee Mac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.