Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn (26819 Views)

Download MP3 - Machala - Carter Efe Ft Berri Tiga / Brown Skin Girl - Beyoncé Ft. Saint JHN, Wizkid & Blue Ivy Carter – Lyrics / Wizkid, Olamide And Davido Battle For Best Male NEA Awards 2018 | Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by gasparpisciotta: 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2022
The real talent will prevail

2 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Divay22(f): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2022
I never still hear the music o grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by blaquebelle: 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2022
Angelfrost:
Never heard the song in dispute (Certainly never will)!

However, I agree with Op here! This getting cheated happens even beyond the Entertainment industry... Wolves are always looking for easy and desperate pickings.

This reminds me of the now infamous case of Cynthia Morgan. Nigerian Entertainment Industry is a stinking world of Avarice!
What happened with Cynthia Morgan?
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by shadrach77: 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2022
Which UK chart did it debut in? E maa tan raa yin cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Angelfrost(m): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2022
blaquebelle:

What happened with Cynthia Morgan?

She came out a few years back to accuse her producers and record label of exploitation and cheating.
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Neddstark: 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2022
100k is ridiculous. He should have given him more
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by benardtotti(m): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2022
ecolime:
Na greed do both of them.

Berri didn't stick to agreement but then100k payoff is also too small.

Carter Efe should have amended the contract to something like 60-40 or even 70-30 sharing ratio when the money started rolling in.

Lets not forget the stories of

1. 2face & Kennis Music
2. Kiss Daniel & Emperor Geezy
3. Wizkid & Banky W.

Nobody likes to be used.

Las Las, both of them got served.

Honest truth is music investors and label owners take the most risk as there's no guarantee a song will become a hit ,so they deserve the lions share .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by SimplePlan34: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2022
Mrincredy:
This is for people that still insist that education is a waste
My dear u can be educated and still make d mistake berry made. U just have to understand I don't mix business with pleasure

4 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Revolva(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2022
Carter efe owns d song ok..he masterminded everything and even promoted it with his money and even his influence

As for berri cow , writing lyrics does not mean u own a song fully o hahhaa

But that 100k is small ...anyway na dem sabi on d split agreement but carter efe owns d song

3 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Rilley(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2022
Giving the tiga guy 100k is cheating, what's with Nigerians with cheating?

2 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Voiceofthestree: 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2022
ecolime:
Na greed do both of them.

Berri didn't stick to agreement but then100k payoff is also too small.

Carter Efe should have amended the contract to something like 60-40 or even 70-30 sharing ratio when the money started rolling in.

Lets not forget the stories of

1. 2face & Kennis Music
2. Kiss Daniel & Emperor Geezy
3. Wizkid & Banky W.

Nobody likes to be used.

Las Las, both of them got served.

He be like say you don high abi why you deh compare wetin happen btw the duo with Stacey and Kenny and Wizkid and banky Efe tell you say him sign Berry??. What happens between then nah pure ripping ok..... Picker wan collect % pass Catcher infact no be say him want collect % pass self he will collect everything
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Voiceofthestree: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2022
Maynman:
Carter efe gave everything he had to push that song, he promoted it “crazily”, if the song was not a hit I wonder if berri will be acting like this.

So because he promote the song so he should give berry 100k person way sit down write song he even sing am himself why you deh talk like susu self ...., if nah you be berry you go fit take that kind thing ??

3 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Maynman: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

So because he promote the song so he should give berry 100k person way sit down write song he even sing am himself why you deh talk like susu self ...., if nah you be berry you go fit take that kind thing ??

Promotion runs even over 100k, and besides he said carter efe is the mastermind behind the song, heard of “intellectual property”?
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Voiceofthestree: 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2022
Maynman:

Why did he collect it?
And he must have collected it before the song was released.
If the song didn’t gather any streams, i wonder who will be at lost.

Nah person like you den deh kill throway I swear why you go just open mouth they cap shit?. If nah you tell me if you go gree

1 Like

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Maynman: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

Nah person like you den deh kill throway I swear why you go just open mouth they cap shit?. If nah you tell me if you go gree

Okay extremist.
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Voiceofthestree: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2022
Maynman:

Promotion runs even over 100k, and besides he said carter efe is the mastermind behind the song, heard of “intellectual property”?

Yoruba use to say what you no fit eat no deh feed another person. If nah you kon you go gree?. Does mastermind behind means the owner of the song?. Why you deh cap like this nah

2 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Maynman: 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

Yoruba use to say what you no fit eat no deh feed another person. If nah you kon you go gree?. Does mastermind behind means the owner of the song?. Why you deh cap like this nah

If i just need to write a lyrics, I’m not paying producers or mixers, not paying studio sessions, or promoting the song, Even the idea of the music is not mine, what right do i have over the “hit song”?

The song was teased for weeks before released, and he must have seen that it’s “carter efe ft berri” why didn’t he say anything prior to the release?

3 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Voiceofthestree: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2022
Maynman:

Okay extremist.

Nah the fact he happen last week. Small poking carry client for Warri he bill client client want pay he go approach one bro for area say him need where the client go pay money put the bro give am account the client first pay $4,500 the bros say the aza die, Boy way no know one know two still puasade client again client pay another 9k$ nah so bro collect money and move nah the boy cast am nah so boy track the guy go catch am one place like that won’t say the rest ..... See ripper nah ripper Barry no be Efe homeboy the truth must be says you no fit gree wetin Efe do berry if nah you ok

2 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Maynman: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

Nah the fact he happen last week. Small poking carry client for Warri he bill client client want pay he go approach one bro for area say him need where the client go pay money put the bro give am account the client first pay $4,500 the bros say the aza die, Boy way no know one know two still puasade client again client pay another 9k$ nah so bro collect money and move nah the boy cast am nah so boy track the guy go catch am one place like that won’t say the rest ..... See ripper nah ripper Barry no be Efe homeboy the truth must be says you no fit gree wetin Efe do berry if nah you ok

There would have been an agreement before the song was released, not asking for my share after it became a “hit song”.
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Voiceofthestree: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
Maynman:

If i just need to write a lyrics, I’m not paying producers or mixers, not paying studio sessions, or promoting the song, Even the idea of the music is not mine, what right do i have over the “hit song”?

The song was teased for weeks before released, and he must have seen that it’s “carter efe ft berri” why didn’t he say anything prior to the release?

Why you deh cap like this? Up coming artist way just want sing make people just listen... so wetin Efe do you go fit do am be that ?.... guy no follow Benin or Warri boiz try nonsense ooo else you go collect wotowoto see just because of 1naira person deh collect ooo no do deh form overwize oooo

2 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by DMerciful(m): 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
He wrote and sang the song and you think he deserves 100k?
Maynman:

1 Like

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Voiceofthestree: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
Maynman:

There would have been an agreement before the song was released, not asking for my share after it became a “hit song”.

I won’t quote you again. I know people like you but if you are good in stuff like this no try am with Benin, Warri or PH boiz coz the wages of ain is death what happens between the duo nah pure ripping ok.....
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by azpekuliar: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2022
I have no take. I don’t care about the song.
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Maynman: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

I won’t quote you again. I know people like you but if you are good in stuff like this no try am with Benin, Warri or PH boiz coz the wages of ain is death what happens between the duo nah pure ripping ok.....

Benin or warri or ph boiz should learn what they call legal contracts, whoever kills shall be killed.
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Maynman: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2022
DMerciful:
He wrote and sang the song and you think he deserves 100k?

People get less than that.
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Voiceofthestree: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2022
Maynman:

Coz you done wise no be everybody get oT like that bros but wetin Efe do so you go fit do worst for person be that..... No deh cap like that do well make your future for bright ooo

2 Likes

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Maynman: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

Coz you done wise no be everybody get oT like that bros but wetin Efe do so you go fit do worst for person be that..... No deh cap like that do well make your future for bright ooo

I’m sure berri knows what legal contract means.
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by DMerciful(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2022
This is your justification?
Maynman:

People get less than that.

1 Like

Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Maynman: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2022
DMerciful:
This is your justification?

You asked a question and I answered, all those flop songs that don’t have streams, who pays them?
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Voiceofthestree: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2022
Maynman:

Benin or warri or ph boiz should learn what they call legal contracts, whoever kills shall be killed.

You be zuzu.... nah person way deh kill him life finish oooo many people way deh waka as free man for street way DEM do lose count for death guy wise up ooo. Nah things like this deh kill people you go just help say him shot from sleep no be all money person deh carry oooo make open eye for no carry you go where you no want
Re: Carter Efe And Berri Tiga: The Battle For Song Ownership And Lessons To Learn by Maynman: 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

You be zuzu.... nah person way deh kill him life finish oooo many people way deh waka as free man for street way DEM do lose count for death guy wise up ooo. Nah things like this deh kill people you go just help say him shot from sleep no be all money person deh carry oooo make open eye for no carry you go where you no want

Yawn, thought you said you won’t quote me again?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lifted Me By Frank Edwards / Dan Maraya Jos Is Dead / Naira Marley, Falz, Olamide, Simi, Lil Kesh And Slimcase – Naija Issagoal (remix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.