Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Need Help On Single Parenting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Help On Single Parenting (650 Views)

Single Parenting: My Success Story / Single Parenting Platform In Nigeria / Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On Single Parenting by Cregon: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2022
Greetings to elders and knowledgeable folks in the house. Kindly assist me in this family matter.

There is this person I know who was impregnated by her boyfriend a few years back. She didn't abort the child.

Three years has gone by and yet the young man has refused to lift a finger in caring for the child, who is now in school.

The weight of catering for this child is really telling on the girl and her family.

So advise me. What legal steps can be taken? Can he be charged to court?

Mod: Kindly help me by moving this to the front page. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by Karleb(m): 7:24am On Oct 01, 2022
Why did she refuse to abort the baby?

I'm not attacking her, I just want to sincerely know.

4 Likes

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by Dbrawllm0098(f): 7:25am On Oct 01, 2022
Search for any NGO fighting for children's right within your state.
Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by robinso01(m): 8:09am On Oct 01, 2022
I think you need to confirm the reason why he decided not to cater for the child.

He might be thinking he's not the real father of the child.

1 Like

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by QuinModah(f): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2022
Cregon:
Greetings to elders and knowledgeable folks in the house. Kindly assist me in this family matter.

There is this person I know who was impregnated by her boyfriend a few years back. She didn't abort the child.

Three years has gone by and yet the young man has refused to lift a finger in caring for the child, who is now in school.

The weight of catering for this child is really telling on the girl and her family.

it's you and not somebody, go to public defender

2 Likes

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by Nemesis0147(m): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2022
Good for her.
This should serve as a lesson to all the ladies that are planning to tie down a man with pregnancy.

5 Likes

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by emmanuelbrown26: 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
Why are girls of dis age so careless with their lives? U had unprotected sex with a man, yet u couldn't afford 500 Postpill to flush d nonsense away.
But if na to emulate rubbish on social media una go carry first in d world.

4 Likes

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2022
The girl is an idiot. Why didn't she abort the child. The man told you to abort but you are forcing him to be a father when he clearly doesn't want to.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by Mindlog: 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2022
Cregon:

Which state is the mother and child residing?

Since the father of the child is traceable, he can be made to provide for their child through legal means. A child is already in existence and MUST be catered for.
Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by bigjackass: 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
So you and your whole family are finding it hard to cater for one child. Lazy people. You should have aborted when the father wasnt ready and you know cant raise the kid alone

2 Likes

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by odysey: 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2022
Cregon:

Register with the Dpa they're on Facebook wait for about 3 months then present the matter to them
Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by Lucrativress(f): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2022
Why are Nigerian's so angry like this??
Everybody please be calming down
Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by general111(m): 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2022
I sabi say na you....
Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by Helpout12345: 4:55am On Oct 02, 2022
Did the man agree that the pregnancy belonged to him when she got pregnant? Did he accept the child?

If he rejected the pregnancy or the child, you first need to overcome the hurdle of making him accept the child before thinking of any child support.

1 Like

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by santicruz: 6:32am On Oct 02, 2022
Let her write petition against the man to Attorney general office, dept of human right, if the man accepts the pregnancy, will be asked to make a monthly remittance fee , medical insurance and pay for the child's education. Where he denys it pregnancy, DNA test will be carried out funded by the man.
Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by QuinModah(f): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2022
Blame the man who refused to use condoms not the young lady
emmanuelbrown26:
Why are girls of dis age so careless with their lives? U had unprotected sex with a man, yet u couldn't afford 500 Postpill to flush d nonsense away.
But if na to emulate rubbish on social media una go carry first in d world.
There's a mini flat in Ijegun-Ikotun Lagos

Tiles
Interlocking floor
Parking space
Water
At least 12 hours power supply

Rent
=N= 200,000
Total Package =N=300,000
Call zero 8151 three 46 five 7 nine

Kindly share or rebroadcast.

Thank you
Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by emmanuelbrown26: 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2022
QuinModah:
Blame the man who refused to use condoms not the young lady
There's a mini flat in Ijegun-Ikotun Lagos

Tiles
Interlocking floor
Parking space
Water
At least 12 hours power supply

Rent
=N= 200,000
Total Package =N=300,000
Call zero 8151 three 46 five 7 nine

Kindly share or rebroadcast.

Thank you
Why are naija women so stupid to know what's right for dem and what's wrong for dem

2 Likes

Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by truthhurts2: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2022
Cregon:

My granny once told me something some years back...

She said: son
Me: yes granny
She: I'm 109 years old, do you know what has kept me this far
Me: No granny
She: it's because I have always minding my business.
Re: Need Help On Single Parenting by frozen70(f): 3:33am On Oct 03, 2022
Cregon:

Even if you charge him to court, he can only be made to pay a certain amount of money, that's if he has the money to pay and if he doesn't have the money he won't pay

You can't force a man to a certain level to take responsibility of his child, especially where there was no marriage commitment

She is not the first and won't be the last in that category

So they have to bear it and stop expecting anything from him, he doesn't want to be committed to it

She should thank God that it didn't lead to marriage

The only way she can get anything from that child father is when he comes to collect the child, she can bill him the cost of keeping the child alone and even court will admit that

There are so many irresponsible men out there, that's why we advise girls to close their legs tight

(1) (Reply)

Man Hides In Costume, Receives $30 Million Lottery Win / Duplex For Sale!!! / What is your worst experience so far during cash this scarcity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.