Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,668 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot (8154 Views)

EXPOSE: Former CBN Gov, Sanusi To Appear Before EFCC For Alleged Fund Diversion / Why Abacha Didn’t Kill CBN Gov, Sanusi In 1995…his Role In Akaluka’s Murder / Why Abacha Didn’t Kill CBN Gov, Sanusi In 1995…his Role In Akaluka’s Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by mikeapollo: 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2011
I have never known anything called tribalism. A very senior cleric in the church accused me of removing Christians from decision-making positions in CBN. I became CBN Governor in 2009; the term of the CBN Board of Directors expired. I recommended a board to President Yar'Dua; out of 11 members on the board only 3 are muslims. The Monetary Policy Committee of the CBN which I constituted has 7 members, only 1 is a muslim. A Deputy Governor's seat became open when I was Governor; Dr Kingsley Moghalu was in Geneva. I went, convinced him to come back to Nigeria and convinced the President to appoint him.

On our 5-member Committee of Governors(COG), 3 are Christians, 2 are muslims. We have 24 departmental directors in CBN that I appointed, only 8 are muslims. Theses are the people who took the decision on Islamic Banking. The Director of Financial Policy and Regulation who signed and issued the guidelines on Islamic Banking, his name is CHRISTIAN Chukwu. He reports to D-G in charge of Financial Systems Stability, Dr K. Moghalu. The report comes to the COG of 5, three(3) of them are Christians. It goes to a board (CBN) of 11, eight (cool of them are Christians.

Then all these Christians must be bad christians if they are part of an attempt to Islamise Nigeria. I dont want to engage people. I can discuss this on religious ground. I can quote from Exodus, Deuteronomy and Leviticus. I have quotes on Islamic Banking. I can debate on religious grounds and prove to anybody based on the Bible. In fact, the Natural Council of Christianity at one time said anypody who gives usury should not be buried in a catholic cemetery. I can debate with anybody on religious grounds based on the Bible and the teachungs of the Church that usury is less consistent with Christian teachings

Source: THISDAY, Saturday, August 13, 2011 (Page 15) << UNVERIFIED >>
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2011
no1 is comenting here! Cld dis b a K.O by SLS on those of us against d islamic banking tin. Na wa o
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by gists: 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2011
mikeapollo:

I have never known anything called tribalism. A very senior cleric in the church accused me of removing Christians from decision-making positions in CBN. I became CBN Governor in 2009; the term of the CBN Board of Directors expired. [b]I recommended a board to President Yar'Dua; out of 11 members on the board only 3 are muslims. The Monetary Policy Committee of the CBN which I constituted has 7 members, only 1 is a muslim. A Deputy Governor's seat became open when I was Governor; Dr Kingsley Moghalu was in Geneva. I went, convinced him to come back to Nigeria and convinced the President to appoint him.
On our 5-member Committee of Governors(COG), 3 are Christians, 2 are muslims. [size=14pt]We have 24 departmental directors in CBN that I appointed, only 8 are muslims. Theses are the people who took the decision on Islamic Banking. The Director of Financial Policy and Regulation who signed and issued the guidelines on Islamic Banking, his name is CHRISTIAN Chukwu. He reports to D-G in charge of Financial Systems Stability, Dr K. Moghalu. The report comes to the COG of 5, three(3) of them are Christians. It goes to a board (CBN) of 11, eight (cool of them are Christians.
Then all these Christians must be bad christians if they are part of an attempt to Islamise Nigeria[/size]
[/b]. I dont want to engage people. I can discuss this on religious ground. I can quote from Exodus, Deuteronomy and Leviticus. I have quotes on Islamic Banking. I can debate on religious grounds and prove to anybody based on the Bible. In fact, the Natural Council of Christianity at one time said anybpody who gives usury should not be buried in a catholic cemetery. I can debate with anybody on religious grounds based on the Bible and the teachungs of the Church that usury is less consistent with Christian teachings

Source: THISDAY, Saturday, August 13, 2011 (Page 15)

I don't envy those haters displaying their ignorance in public by criticizing SLS blindly. Imagine someone dancing Unclad in balogun/oshodi market. They'll soon come and tell us he is lying and probably praise the managment of societe general bank, savanah bank, allstate, oceanic, intcont'l etc.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by gregg2: 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Poster
Forget that Sanusi guy. He is a liar. He is yet to apologise to the people of Anambra state that they have collected loans from an islamic bank. He deliberately lined up all those his so-called christian directors to push home his agenda and blindfold us.What do you expect the so-called christian directors to do, to oppose Sanusi? Will you give them another job if Sanusi decides to frustrate them for opposing him? Poster, have you worked before? In a work place it is expected of one to align with his boss. These guys are looking for their daily bread. Soludo introduced three nigerian languages on our naira notes but Sanusi chose to discard that and returned the arabic symbols. Boy, Sanusi is implimenting a secret script forget him.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by awardeez: 1:52am On Aug 16, 2011
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
This is a mischievous post that has been circulating for weeks now! The information here is totally false and was never uttered by Sanusi,
I challenged the poser, to provide the so called "thisday" link where he got this from!
[/font]
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by MBG4Real(m): 4:20am On Aug 16, 2011
^^^^
I doubt this too. Even the Muslims will feel marginalization with such arrangement.

Truly, truly, if this information is a lie as you said, then it is unfortunate. How can a discerning mind make a calculated effort to deceive others. It will not be well with the originator of such lie. May Allah be praised.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by 9javoice1(m): 5:28am On Aug 16, 2011
I don't understand why sls always like to mention igbo people names whenever he is defending his islamic nonsense while other tribe name remain unmention. his logic is always childish and poor.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by tpia5: 5:36am On Aug 16, 2011
it actually[b] is [/b] rather weird how he keeps mentioning igbo in almost everything he says publicly.

he always talks about igbo and religion.

tribe too.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 16, 2011
Maybe because 99.9% of those ignoramus criticizing Islamic Banking are Igbos.
All these one na story, the thing go pass sha.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by dempeople(m): 6:24am On Aug 16, 2011
9ja voice:

I don't understand why sls always like to mention igbo people names whenever he is defending his islamic nonsense while other tribe name remain unmention. his logic is always childish and poor.

tpia@:

it actually[b] is [/b] rather weird how he keeps mentioning igbo in almost everything he says publicly.

tribe too.

Thanks guys for noticing. Sanusi is just acting out the typical behavior of how Nigerians feel and act towards the Igbo - which could be in the form of infatuation or detestation, both of which are often high-passioned. Sometimes I always ask myself whether this is borne out of love/fear of the known and unknown about us.

Whatever it is that arouse high-passioned views and behaviors of other Nigerians towards us, I don't know. In this life, whatever I do - good or bad, is always judged with the fact that I'm an Igboman by other Nigerians.

I think its a love/hate relationship. People either love us too much or hate us equally but less of the latter, often followed by passioned excitements.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by rhymz(m): 6:54am On Aug 16, 2011
The Guy is idiot, he must have some deep seated igbo phobia to realy think that igbos are his problem. Confused mofo that has destroyed anything that is left of the financial sector with his whimsical policies.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by MMM2(m): 6:56am On Aug 16, 2011
fu-ck sanusi angry
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by abiolak: 7:09am On Aug 16, 2011
The plain truth is all the banks in nigeria applied for intrest free banking certificate, but of all the jaiz bank who have been in operation in nigeria for more than 5yrs now where given the chance to do that, reason being that in its records they do not operate on intrest, and within two yrs of operation they have given out charity offer in billions to less previliage nigerian,
the issue is we should learn how to work on words rather than looking at the body that is offering the word,
the igbos, remember okonjo once says the intrest free banking is good and needed in nigeria, for God sake she is an xpact in banking field.
All i rather would asked is we wait and see the mode of operation they have, then we can have all the time to call sls to order if they fail to deliver as xpected.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by andyprez(m): 7:40am On Aug 16, 2011
@ poster. SOURCE!!!,
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by islamrules(m): 8:08am On Aug 16, 2011
Bottom Line, "Islamic bank has not come to stay"
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by Thatdave(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2011
islamrules:

Bottom Line, "Islamic bank has not come to stay"
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by Bawss1(m): 8:36am On Aug 16, 2011
andyprez:

@ poster. SOURCE!!!,

mikeapollo:

Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by IykeD(m): 8:42am On Aug 16, 2011
For him to spill all these rubbish about him appointing Christians means that he had a hidden agenda from the start. The point remains that he is in charge and no matter the number of Christians he claims are working with him, they still remain under him and the final decision is made by him and everyone will dance to his tune.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 16, 2011
He sure sounds like one to me. Maybe a poll should be conducted to that effect and i am damn sure the result will confirm most peoples opinion of him.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by DrummaBoy(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2011
I am a Christian and whenever Islamic Banking begins I will be getting a non interest loan from them
OK?!
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by Gift4all(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2011
awardeez:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
This is a mischievous  post that has been circulating for weeks now! The information here is totally false and was never uttered by Sanusi,
I challenged the poser, to provide the so called "thisday" link where he got this from!
[/font]

MBG4Real:

^^^^
I doubt this too. Even the Muslims will feel marginalization with such arrangement.    

Truly, truly, if this information is a lie as you said, then it is unfortunate. How can a discerning mind make a calculated effort to deceive others. It will not be well with the originator of such lie. May Allah be praised.

SLS made this statement at the House of Representative hearing on the floor of the House and it was air live on television stations, and has been repeated several times. I cant remember the date again, but I watched it live and I do testify here that it is true.

mikeapollo:

andyprez:

@ poster. SOURCE!!!,

What source do u want again apart from the one provided?

abiolak:

The plain truth is all the banks in nigeria applied for intrest free banking certificate, but of all the jaiz bank who have been in operation in nigeria for more than 5yrs now where given the chance to do that, reason being that in its records they do not operate on intrest, and within two yrs of operation they have given out charity offer in billions to less previliage nigerian,
the issue is we should learn how to work on words rather than looking at the body that is offering the word,
the igbos, remember okonjo once says the intrest free banking is good and needed in nigeria, for God sake she is an xpact in banking field.
All i rather would asked is we wait and see the mode of operation they have, then we can have all the time to call sls to order if they fail to deliver as xpected.

Why are you ridiculing yourself in the public like this? You are saying tow thing at the same time, "but of all the jaiz bank who have been in operation in nigeria for more than [b]5yrs now", "and within two yrs of operation, " 5 years and 2 years, which is which? Where is the Head Office of Jaiz, or any of their branch? Jaiz was granted license but I don't know if the had been able to meet up with the capital requirement. Was it not last two weeks or so when they had their AGM that they said it was going to be a regional bank in the north?  [/b]

Again, you said "they have given out charity offer in billions to less previliage (sic) nigerian (sic)". Is a bank a charity organization? Where and when did they give out charity in billions to which Nigerians? Or was the 'charity' given to unknown terrorists?
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by islamrules(m): 9:01am On Aug 16, 2011
This is a lesson to Christian office holders, that whenever you hold any office, use it to promote your religion.
Christians have not been doing it, they need to start doing it.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by nagoma(m): 9:05am On Aug 16, 2011
Quote from: 9ja voice on Today at 05:28:38 AM

Quote from: tpia@ on Today at 05:36:51 AM
it actually is rather weird how he keeps mentioning igbo in almost everything he says publicly.

tribe too.

Thanks guys for noticing. Sanusi is just acting out the typical behavior of how Nigerians feel and act towards the Igbo - which could be in the form of infatuation or detestation, both of which are often high-passioned. Sometimes I always ask myself whether this is borne out of love/fear of the known and unknown about us.

Whatever it is that arouse high-passioned views and behaviors of other Nigerians towards us, I don't know. In this life, whatever I do - good or bad, is always judged with the fact that I'm an Igboman by other Nigerians.

I think its a love/hate relationship. People either love us too much or hate us equally but less of the latter, often followed by passioned excitements.
[/quote]
@Deadie - yesterday;
Igbo men no dey hit head for ground. This guy don hit head for ground so tey one spot don dark. He is 100% Hausa. Rubbish article. Please do not insult my Igboness.[quote]
This posting from Deadie yesterday and similar postings give Igbos very strong anti-muslim outlook so it is logical to present igbo names when you want to convince people that you have no islamic agenda. I would do the same in SLS 's position.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by nagoma(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2011
SLS you have done your best. Its difficult to know what these people want - short of your head. Even when they cut off Sanusi's head they will still criticize him. That is the case with blind hatred.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by Greenpro: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2011
The issue is not about usury, but the consequence of the name Islamic with the practice,in Nigeria setting it means more than the ordinary name.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by Xfactoria: 9:28am On Aug 16, 2011
Gift4all:

SLS made this statement at the House of Representative hearing on the floor of the House and it was air live on television stations, and has been repeated several times. I cant remember the date again, but I watched it live and I do testify here that it is true.

What source do u want again apart from the one provided?

Why are you ridiculing yourself in the public like this? You are saying tow thing at the same time, "but of all the jaiz bank who have been in operation in nigeria for more than [b]5yrs now", "and within two yrs of operation, " 5 years and 2 years, which is which? Where is the Head Office of Jaiz, or any of their branch? Jaiz was granted license but I don't know if the had been able to meet up with the capital requirement. Was it not last two weeks or so when they had their AGM that they said it was going to be a regional bank in the north? [/b]

Again, you said "they have given out charity offer in billions to less previliage (sic) nigerian (sic)". Is a bank a charity organization? Where and when did they give out charity in billions to which Nigerians? Or was the 'charity' given to unknown terrorists?

Guy, you can defend Sanusi all you like, but some of us know for sure that Islamic Banking is being introduced firstly to propagate Islam and secondly for the economic survival of the North.

Non-interest Banking is good. I am a banker of over 5years experience in Credit Risk Management and I can tell you authouritatively that I have worked in a bank that has structured a non-interest loan for customers before. What the bank did was to convert the loan to equity in customer's business under an SPV - Special Purpose Vehicle, so that it qualifies to share in the profit of the customer's business. We did it for a number of big ticket real estate and oil and gas projects. So you can see that non-interest banking is not alien to our banks. If the scope would need to be broadened, it does not necessarily have to be done with religious colouration. To re-define non-interest banking as Islamic banking is very very unnecessary.

In Nigeria that I know, things like this are never done with unbias intentions. Sanusi is telling you what he wants you to believe. Sanusi is a fulani man who subscribes to their life long ambition of dipping the Quran into the Atlantic Ocean.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by leenu11: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2011
islamrules:

This is a lesson to Christian office holders, that whenever you hold any office, use it to promote your religion.

You are a big f.o.o.l for saying this. It is people like you that's our problem in this country.
Instead of promoting unity, u're saying Poo with the Poo hole u call a mouth  undecided
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by mbulela: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2011
islamrules:

how does opposing islamic banking promote christianity?
this assumption that everyone with an English name is a Christian is funny and slightly delusional.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by hillsate: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2011
Are the moderators here asleep?
how can you allow such a sensitive post and even putting it on home page without an authentic source.
Please if the source of this topic cannot be traced, it should be deleted
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by gregg2: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2011
X-factoria:

Guy, you can defend Sanusi all you like, but some of us know for sure that Islamic Banking is being introduced firstly to propagate Islam and secondly for the economic survival of the North.

Non-interest Banking is good. I am a banker of over 5years experience in Credit Risk Management and I can tell you authouritatively that I have worked in a bank that has structured a non-interest loan for customers before. What the bank did was to convert the loan to equity in customer's business under an SPV - Special Purpose Vehicle, so that it qualifies to share in the profit of the customer's business. We did it for a number of big ticket real estate and oil and gas projects. So you can see that non-interest banking is not alien to our banks. If the scope would need to be broadened, it does not necessarily have to be done with religious colouration. To re-define non-interest banking as Islamic banking is very very unnecessary.

In Nigeria that I know, things like this are never done with unbias intentions. Sanusi is telling you what he wants you to believe. Sanusi is a fulani man who subscribes to their life long ambition of dipping the Quran into the Atlantic Ocean.

Thanks X-Factoria. The bolded is very enlightening.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by islamrules(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2011

You are a big f.o.o.l for saying this. It is people like you that's our problem in this country.
Instead of promoting unity, u're saying Poo with the Poo hole u call a mouth  Undecided

Dung Hill head, Sanusi is using his office to promote islam, by attempting to force that monkey banking on us.
Has he forgotten that Nigeria is not own by muslims alone ?

For the fact that Okonjo Eweala is now the Finance minister and being a christian, she should now propose the use of "Mosaic Law" in allocation sharing.

And this is the formula "If you dont work, you dont eat", state allocations should be based on oil productivity, "If you dont have oil, you wont get anything from the Federal government.

I know if it is the North/Muslims that has oil on their land, they will decree that.
Re: CBN Gov Sanusi Responds To Accusations He Is Bigot by bouzymill(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2011
X-factoria:

#########################################################################################################

It's funny how Nigerians are making it seem like it is Sanusi Lamido that named it "Islamic Banking". Islamic Banking is what the concept is called even in countries where Islam is already their national religion. Take Malaysia for example. It's officially an Islamic State, nontheless, there are normal banks that have sister banks that are called "Islamic Bank". There is Maybank and there is Maybank Islamic, there is CIMB and there is CIMBIslamic, Even an International Bank which is not Asia bound, HSBC, has HSBC Amanah (Islamic banking and financial management).  Now, If in a country which is already an official islamic state, why is the word "Islamic Bank" should be emphasised again. It's simply because it refers to a different concept of banking rather than the literal meaning of Islam attached to the word.

But I get the point all of you are trying to make. You hate the word "Islam" and that's basic. If he came out initially to say present his concept as "Better Nigeria Banking", you would call him a revolutionary and the best for the country but now that's not the case since it is "Islamic" banking.

The problem with Nigerians is we have turned Religion to something else. . . and what is suppose to guide our ways of lives has deluded most people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Promises Free Trade-Zone For Southeast / Boko Haram Bombs Every Northern State But Katsina And Sokoto...why? / Dare Kadiri Drags Ogun Assembly To Court, Demands N1.5bn Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.