Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? (530 Views)

When You Say 'over My Dead Body Will Biafra Exist' You Will Die - Nnamdi Kanu / Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" / Will Biafra Be In West Africa Or Central Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Loveurneighbour: 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
By Chinagorom Ugwu

Ernest Lawrence (Ebonyi State): I believe the agitation for Biafra will not end even if Peter Obi wins the presidential elections. His victory would create room for even a stronger agitation, as we would have our own brother in the front line of the agitation. Unless, however, those leading the agitation would soft pedal based on the fact that for once, we’ve tasted the presidential seat with Peter Obi winning the election.

Chukwudi Ewa (Ebonyi State): If Peter Obi wins in 2023, his leadership style may not favour the Hausas and Yorubas. This could lead to agitation for their own Oduduwa and Arewa states as the case may be, thereby leading to a stronger agitation for the actualisation of the sovereign state of Biafra (in the South-east). So, unless there’s no such thing, then there would be no further agitation. And if there is, then the country would move towards division and the Biafra agitation will be among them.

Simon Chibueze (Anambra State): To me, Biafra agitation is an idea. If Peter Obi happens to win the election (in 2023), it will calm down the agitation, but that will not end the agitation. It will make the youth not to be violent or disobedient, but as time goes on, I don’t think that the idea of Biafra will end. I think so because many Igbo people have sacrificed their lives in the course of this agitation. This means that Igbos need a republic called Biafra. You remember what happened during (Goodluck) Jonathan’s regime, the agitation was not much because Jonathan happened to come from this Eastern Nigeria, but immediately Jonathan left office, the agitation continued. And as I am seeing it, the same thing may play out if he (Obi) wins the election. So, the agitation will drop, but after Peter Obi leaves office, it will continue.

Ifeanyichukwu Emmanuel (Anambra State): The agitation will not end if Peter Obi wins the election in 2023, but it will make Igbos have a sense of belonging. The agitation is something in the minds of the people. It is an ideology. So, Peter Obi’s victory will not end it, but if he (Mr Obi) governs well, I know the agitation will be temporarily forgotten. It will not be wiped away from the minds of the people, however.

Nduka Ezeh (Anambra State): Well, I don’t think that the presidency of Peter Obi will end Biafra agitation, because the issue (agitation) on ground is beyond Igbo presidency or Peter Obi. So, I think we actually need to look in-ward. You know people have been clamouring for restructuring.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/556140-vox-pop-will-biafra-agitation-end-if-peter-obi-wins-2023-presidential-election.html

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by hisgrace090: 12:08am On Oct 02, 2022
Injustice leads to agitation though the people agitating says no going back' let's watch and see.

1 Like

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by pinkPUSSY(f): 12:10am On Oct 02, 2022
Restructure Nigeria and watch the agitation disappears

2 Likes

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:10am On Oct 02, 2022
The IPIGS miscreants would still be causing public disturbance and constituting a nuisance all over my dear Igboland.Those idiots can never be satisfied with anything.

2 Likes

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by gidgiddy: 12:14am On Oct 02, 2022
The question of if Peter Obi being elected President will end the Biafran agitation is really a stupid to ask.

No country built on injustice, inequality and fraud, such as Nigeria, ever knows peace, no matter who is President

The question should not be about if Peter Obi becoming President will end agitation for Biafra, he will only be there 4 years, or at most 8 yesrs, then what?

The question should be how to run Nigeria so that no matter who is President, no one feels any need to agitate

But that time has long past

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by GreatBoss: 12:23am On Oct 02, 2022
pinkPUSSY:
The idea can never be killed again.

1 Like

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by muykem: 12:32am On Oct 02, 2022
IPOB members are Obidients.

2 Likes

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Mystic216: 1:13am On Oct 02, 2022
It wouldn’t

1 Like

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Justpassingby45(m): 2:30am On Oct 02, 2022
The Biafra agitation is just a to show the marginalization of the south east especially the east. Instead other parts of Nigeria and some useful idiots in east see it as a war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by ScamHunter: 2:54am On Oct 02, 2022
It won't end.
Without Buhari presidency, Biafra agitation may have died a natural death in say another 50 years. With his presidency, old wounds have been reopened and it may take another 150 years for the hunger for an Igbo homeland to reduce. Now factoring in that Nigeria may not last that long, it's anybody's guess what could happen.

An Obi presidency may affect the agitation for a referendum IF it creates a level playing field for the Igbo and other ethnic groups. It'll also affect the call for Biafra with his program of creating wealth for Nigerians. If you know the Igbo well, our mindset is progressive. The Igbo hardwork and industry is to build a good life for himself and family. Obi, with his policy of lifting Nigerians out of poverty would reduce the massive support that IPOB enjoys today. Will the agitation end? No, because there are many other issues that must be addressed before the Igbo feeling of marginalization and victimization is assuaged.

3 Likes

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Idiko1: 3:07am On Oct 02, 2022
Peter Obi has nothing on the agitation for Biafra. Although Obi may become president for life of the shithole called Nigeria, the quest for Biafra must rage to fruition.

2 Likes

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Sonyboom765: 5:10am On Oct 02, 2022
I like your response, no point wasting vote on Peter Obi then. Nigeria should chose who can run Nigeria with minimal agitation n Tinubu as proven this by creating LCDA reducing friction across the state. So my people there you have it

gidgiddy:
The question of if Peter Obi being elected President will end the Biafran agitation is really a stupid to ask.

No country built on injustice, inequality and fraud, such as Nigeria, ever knows peace, no matter who is President

The question should not be about if Peter Obi becoming President will end agitation for Biafra, he will only be there 4 years, or at most 8 yesrs, then what?

The question should be how to run Nigeria so that no matter who is President, no one feels any need to agitate

But that time has long past
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Tulsaguy: 5:39am On Oct 02, 2022
Will a woman stop menstruating after giving birth to a child?

Foolish question.
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Tulsaguy: 5:40am On Oct 02, 2022
Will a woman stop menstruating after giving birth to a child?

Stupid question.
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by kingsways: 5:45am On Oct 02, 2022
Biafra agitation is a product of mismanagement of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by mycar: 6:18am On Oct 02, 2022
It can only end when Nigeria becomes attractive that even other African countries would want to become Nigerians
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by naijapips04: 7:03am On Oct 02, 2022
pinkPUSSY:

Vote Atiku for restructuring.
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by ljoh: 9:23am On Oct 02, 2022
naijapips04:

Vote Atiku for restructuring.

A Fulani man can't restructure Nigeria

So you want a Fulani man to hand over to another Fulani man? Even if Nigeria belongs to Fulani
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by ljoh: 9:26am On Oct 02, 2022
Peter Obi can't win the election,
I like the election, it will only open Igbo people eyes that they are not needed in Nigeria
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Arda1000(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2022
Only a referendum can stop Baifra agitation
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Okoroawusa: 9:42am On Oct 02, 2022
If you for a second think that there is any difference between IPOB supporters and Peter Obi supporters then you are of all men most miserable.
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by KingKO22: 9:50am On Oct 02, 2022
Stop day dreaming .

Pandora bitter Obituary cannever be our president

So I knw for sure that Biafuro agitation will continue after 2023 election.

All these fake love by IPOB is for them to try their luck whether they will win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by naijapips04: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2022
ljoh:

A Fulani man can't restructure Nigeria

So you want a Fulani man to hand over to another Fulani man? Even if Nigeria belongs to Fulani

I'd rather have that than to handover to another SW and Tinubu.
Re: Will Biafra Agitation End If Peter Obi Wins 2023 Presidential Election? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 02, 2022
We all know the reasons for Biafra/oodua agitation.

USA has 54 states plus other territories, what do you think that still keep them as one ?? Justice, equal treatment, democracy, humanity, sincerity

Nigeria is not a country yet hence we see different nations agitating.

(1) (Reply)

One Million Barrels Of Crude Stolen Daily — Ahmad Lawan / Peter Obi Supporters Shutdown Agbor, Okowa's Village, Vow To Vote Obi / See Why People In Ogun State Should Reject APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.