Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

I Need Your Advice... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Advice... (324 Views)

Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice / My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice... by MajorB009: 12:26am On Oct 02, 2022
Hello nairalanders,
I have been an anonymous member on this forum for a very long time and decide to open an account today.
For some reason I can't create topic on the job and vacancy section, so I decided to create it here, I hope the mods move it to the right section

I live and work in Abuja, with a multinational company, (married with a beautiful daughter)

Recently got an offer with another multinational company (XYZ Nigeria Ltd to be precise) in Lagos with a 50% increment in salary.

This my current job have some level of job security which I have established, and I have become so comfortable in the job even though I don't feel fulfilled career wise.

My problem now is moving to Lagos with my family, fear of the unknown, if I can actually cope at the new company.

I will also appreciate if anyone with more information about XYZ NIGERIA in terms of job security and any other useful
information you can share.

Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: I Need Your Advice... by Aareakinwunmi(m): 12:52am On Oct 02, 2022
Since your present job is established and safe
I don't think it's worth throwing away for an uncertain job just because of 50% increments

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice... by ibechris(m): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2022
See let me tell u something about money.

If u are making 200k in a place without any obvious risk and the new company offers u more say 300k with so much risk and uncertainties which one would u chose?

Use your tongue to count your teeth.

Wish u the best as u rack your brain.
Re: I Need Your Advice... by zed7: 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2022
The most successful people are risk takers. If you like your comfort zone, then stick to your job. However, 50% increase in salary is quite a reasonable sum and it's enough to motivate alot of people.

You know your personality and only you can decide. Personally, I love changes and I would gladly take such an offer.

(1) (Reply)

2hp Ac Available For Quick Sale / The Beginning Of Immorality / The Strong Willed Child You Never Knew You Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.