Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? (719 Views)

Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Bill Wiese: 'I Died & Went To Hell' (23 Questions About Hell) / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Righteousness2(m): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2022
Jesus Christ taught that Hell is a Fiery Furnace
Matthew 13:41-42
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

JESUS taught that Hell is a place of Darkness, Sorrow and pain.
Matthew 22:13
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

JESUS taught that Hell is a place of Everlasting Punishment.
Matthew 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

JESUS Christ taught that Hell is a Place of Torment.
Luke 16:24-25
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

JESUS taught that Hell is a place of Sepration
Luke 16:26
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

The Holy Bible speaks on the reality of Hell in the same terms as the reality of Heaven.

Revelation 20:14-15
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:1-2
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The Concept of a real, Conscious, Forever and ever existence in Hell is Just as Biblical as a real, Conscious, Forever and ever existence in Heaven.

Infact, JESUS Christ Spent more time warning people about the Danger of Hell than He did comforting them with the Hope of Heaven.

The Good news is that no one has to go to Hell.
JESUS Christ paid the price for the sin of Mankind.
HE has a Provided a way for All humanity to spend eternity with HIM in Heaven.

Acts 16:31
"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shalt be saved".

Don't let anyone Deceive you. Heaven and Hell are Real. Heaven is only possible through a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ. There is no other way.

The Choice is yours.
Nlfpmod

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 02, 2022
He'll is real. Heaven is real.
Part one hell is living in a developing country with poor financial ability and part one heaven is living in a developed country with all privileges.
How can one suffer in Nigeria and still end up in hell fire?
That suffering is too much. Choose Jesus, follow him faithfully and gain heaven for your eternity's sake.

1 Like

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by JASONjnr(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2022
There's no hell like the Nigeria that we live in....
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by hopefulLandlord: 8:14am On Oct 02, 2022
imaginary place
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Naijanascam: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2022
It's only Africans and blacks are thinking about heaven and hell and that's why they remain undeveloped.......... because they always thought here is not their home.....

Russians
Japanese
Chinese
Americans
And many others are all working towards a better liveable countries for themselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Righteousness2(m): 9:03am On Oct 02, 2022
Naijanascam:
It's only Africans and blacks are thinking about heaven and hell and that's why they remain undeveloped.......... because they always thought here is not their home.....

Russians
Japanese
Chinese
Americans
And many others are all working towards a better liveable countries for themselves

When I see people like, I weep in my heart.
It hurts to see young man and women who have no understanding of their existence.

It hurts to see people who have allowed the devil to blind them to what really matters.

I sincerely pray for you! May GOD have mercy on you and open your eyes before it is too late.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

2 Likes

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:05am On Oct 02, 2022
Adult fairytales undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 9:24am On Oct 02, 2022
“Hell” is an English, did iesus chrestus speak English?

1 Like

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Naijanascam: 9:25am On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:

When I see people like, I weep in my heart.
It hurts to see young man and women who have no understanding of their existence.

It hurts to see people who have allowed the devil to blind them to what really matters.

I sincerely pray for you! May GOD have mercy on you and open your eyes before it is too late.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

You will be less religious when you get yourself in these places I mentioned where everything is perfectly working........
So put that your energy of quoting the bible to make here a better liveable place in practical works.........

1 Like

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2022
Hell is real.

The earlier you realize this fact, the better for you.
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 9:43am On Oct 02, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Hell is real.

The earlier you realize this fact, the better for you.

But your deity doesn’t know the exact number of people that will be in hell right?
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2022
Maynman:

But your deity doesn’t know the exact number of people that will be in hell right?
You obviously know there's hell but we both know why you don't want others to know.
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Jokerman(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2022
Only a deceiver of his/her self will say there's no hell
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 9:51am On Oct 02, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
You obviously know there's hell but we both know why you don't want others to know.
You obviously know there's jahannam but we both know why you don't want others to know, or it’s only the version of Christian hell that exist?

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 9:51am On Oct 02, 2022
Jokerman:
Only a deceiver of his/her self will say there's no hell

Of course there’s hellia bwahahahah

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2022
Jesus taught his listeners a lot of things using PARABLES {Matthew 13:34} and the reason is because all his listeners were Jews who knew what the prophets said about life and death {Ecclesiastes 9:5-10} so when he described Hell (Grave in ancient English) Sheoul (Grave in Hebrew) Hades (Grave in Greek) as a place where fire burns his listeners could grasp that he was talking about the condition of some death people who will never be remembered for resurrection {Psalms 9:17} according to the words of the prophets there's going to be a resurrection {Job 14:13-15} of those who lived by God's word (righteous) and those who lived by conscience but don't know God's word (unrighteous) {Act 24:15} only the law-abiding Israelites are righteous from God's standpoint because they knew God's word and lived by it so their names were mentioned in the Bible {Hebrews 11:4-36} but many people from other nations who never knew God's laws lived by conscience so God acknowledged their efforts {Romans 2:14-15} but still since they don't know God's righteous standard they can't be called righteous.
So all these people will be resurrected back to life no matter how they died! Revelations 20:13-14

Jesus is the promised Messiah (Christ) who will teach the Israelites how to gain salvation but he will speak to them in PARABLES {Matthew 13:13} therefore taking his statement literally will make a listener stupid! John 6:62-66 smiley
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Righteousness2(m): 11:09am On Oct 02, 2022
Young man , I Admonish you to quit that sect you belong to and Embrace GOD in truth and in spirit .
You are been deceived to Hell.

MaxInDHouse:
Jesus taught his listeners a lot of things using PARABLES {Matthew 13:34} and the reason is because all his listeners were Jews who knew what the prophets said about life and death {Ecclesiastes 9:5-10} so when he described Hell (Grave in ancient English) Sheoul (Grave in Hebrew) Hades (Grave in Greek) as a place where fire burns his listeners could grasp that he was talking about the condition of some death people who will never be remembered for resurrection {Psalms 9:17} according to the words of the prophets there's going to be a resurrection {Job 14:13-15} of those who lived by God's word (righteous) and those who lived by conscience but don't know God's word (unrighteous) {Act 24:15} only the law-abiding Israelites are righteous from God's standpoint because they knew God's word and lived by it so their names were mentioned in the Bible {Hebrews 11:4-36} but many people from other nations who never knew God's laws lived by conscience so God acknowledged their efforts {Romans 2:14-15} but still since they don't know God's righteous standard they can't be called righteous.
So all these people will be resurrected back to life no matter how they died! Revelations 20:13-14

Jesus is the promised Messiah (Christ) who will teach the Israelites how to gain salvation but he will speak to them in PARABLES {Matthew 13:13} therefore taking his statement literally will make a listener stupid! John 6:62-66 smiley
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:27am On Oct 02, 2022
Righteousness2:
Young man , I Admonish you to quit that sect you belong to and Embrace GOD in truth and in spirit .
You are been deceived to Hell.

Young man Lazarus Mouka is deceiving you and all members of your church, go and find out the meaning of that word Sheoul (Hebrews) Hades (Greek) Hell (English) all means the common Grave of mankind.
There's nothing more to it than that but the church fathers in the third century don't know how Jesus' first century Jewish disciples were growing the congregation so they adopted the Greek philosophy of torment after death which they began using as threat to make people come to the church.

Jesus sent us out to preach the Good News of God's Kingdom not the threat of torment in a fairy Hell, it's a lie! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Wilgrea7(m): 11:40am On Oct 02, 2022
Sweetplum:
Part one hell is living in a developing country with poor financial ability and part one heaven is living in a developed country with all privileges.
That suffering is too much. Choose Jesus, follow him faithfully nd gain heaven for your eternity's sake.

Do you by any chance have any sort of evidence for this heaven or hell in the "afterlife"?

1 Like

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2022
Sweetplum:
That suffering is too much. Choose Jesus, follow him faithfully nd gain heaven for your eternity's sake.

Is naraka also real?

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2022
Maynman:

Is naraka also real?
Yes naraka is real. Almost all religions believe there's heaven and hell. The interpretation is just different.
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sweetplum:

Yes naraka is real. Almost all religions believe there's heaven and hell. The interpretation is just different.

Which of these supreme Gods do you worship?
Without submitting your life to them you are going to naraka and iesus chrestus can’t save you.
Since naraka is real, these Supreme Gods too are Real.

Then we move to another religion to see if you worship their Gods too or else you perish in their hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
Maynman:

Which of these supreme Gods do you worship?
Without submitting your life to them you are going to naraka and iesus chrestus can’t save you.
Since naraka is real, these Supreme Gods too are Real.

Then we move to another religion to see if you worship their Gods too or else you perish in their hell.
Limao. You own atheist craze no reach.
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sweetplum:

Limao. You own atheist craze no reach.

Polytheist, Which of these Supreme Gods do you believe in without them you perish in their naraka.
And hindu religion is even older than your religion, and I’m glad you said naraka is real cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2022
Maynman:

Polytheist, Which of these Supreme Gods do you believe in without them you perish in their naraka.
And hindu religion is even older than your religion, and I’m glad you said naraka is real cheesy
All of them. They ll all win OSCAR and Nobel Laureates if still existing today.
But you this troll called Maynman abi na mainman, spoon, pencil you no go win.
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sweetplum:

All of them. They ll all win OSCAR and Nobel Laureates if still existing today.
But you this troll called Maynman abi na mainman, spoon, pencil you no go win.

Yawn, Dumb Polytheist, Which of these Supreme Gods do you believe in without them you perish in their naraka.
And hindu religion is even older than your religion, and I’m glad you said naraka is real grin
We still have other religion and their Gods with their concept of hell.

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sweetplum:

All the religions on planet earth are the handiworks of demons so the idea of living dead is global except for just one nation ~ Israel!
That's the one and only nation God inspired men in their midst called prophets to expose the lies of Satan and demons, the dead knows nothing and they don't feel anything! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10
After the death of the first century Jewish disciples of Christ Satan raised his own agents who borrowed pagan philosophies with the hope of making the church's teaching acceptable to pagans, that's how they came about the teachings of good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell.
There's no religion that teaches that it's only those worshiping it's deity that will go to heaven so the churches insisted that only those worshiping Jesus (the supposed god of the churches) will go to heaven. That's why you can see all religions have similar teachings regarding heaven and hell but from what Jesus taught his disciples there was nothing like a place where dead people are kept alive for torment rather Jesus only illustrations to teach his listeners how God view evildoers and their evil deeds. During the remembrance of the dead which will eventually affect people of all nations deliberate evildoers will not be remembered! Psalms 9:17

So all religions believe in one form of hell or another but to true Christians hell simply means Grave not a place where dead people are kept alive for tormenting! smiley

1 Like

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2022
Maynman:

Yawn, Dumb Polytheist, Which of these Supreme Gods do you believe in without them you perish in their naraka.
And hindu religion is even older than your religion, and I’m glad you said naraka is real grin
Dumb idio t, gtfo. Cos I no get ur madness medicine today. And I can't let u bite me
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

All the religions on planet earth are the handiworks of demons so the idea of living dead is global except for just one nation ~ Israel!
That's the one and only nation God inspired men in their midst called prophets to expose the lies of Satan and demons, the dead knows nothing and they don't feel anything! Ecclesiastes 9:5-10
After the death of the first century Jewish disciples of Christ Satan raised his own agents who borrowed pagan philosophies with the hope of making the church's teaching acceptable to pagans, that's how they came about the teachings of good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell.
There's no religion that teaches that it's only those worshiping it's deity that will go to heaven so the churches insisted that only those worshiping Jesus (the supposed god of the churches) will go to heaven. That's why you can see all religions have similar teachings regarding heaven and hell but from what Jesus taught his disciples there was nothing like a place where dead people are kept alive for torment rather Jesus only illustrations to teach his listeners how God view evildoers and their evil deeds. During the remembrance of the dead which will eventually affect people of all nations deliberate evildoers will not be remembered! Psalms 9:17

So all religions believe in one form of hell or another but to true Christians hell simply means Grave not a place where dead people are kept alive for tormenting! smiley
Nibo latun jasi bayi?
Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sweetplum:

Dumb idio t, gtfo. Cos I no get ur madness medicine today. And I can't let u bite me

Re: What Did JESUS Say Or Teach About Hell? by Maynman: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2022
Sweetplum:

Nibo latun jasi bayi?

That’s what happens when you ignorantly believe stuffs.
Your hell is in middle east.
Keep worshipping abrahamaic religion, theist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Jesuits Spanish Sons Of The Dirty Moors / I Want To Go To Hell, Church Refund Me My Money- Church Member Cries Out (Video) / April In Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.