Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,924 members, 7,835,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother (1149 Views)

I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man / Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2022
Please I need advice and guidance on how I can travel overseas as a single mother with my daughter was never married to her dad, and I’m planning to get married to my fiancé by the end of this year as we both want to travel overseas together I need information as how I can travel with my daughter without any confusion from her fathers side as he is also married with two kids. And can I change my daughter last name to my new husband name to enable us travel all together please need this advice thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by Shellsploit: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2022
Lalasticlacla shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by socialmediaman: 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
You’ll need proof that she’s your daughter, in addition to a consent letter from her father if you don’t have proof of full custody. That’s how it’s done in most parts of the world

And why do you want to change your daughter’s last name without her father’s consent? You can’t just wish her father out of your life

1 Like

Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by Gloriagee(f): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2022
You will most likely need a letter of consent from her dad to travel outside the country with her. To change your daughters name, your fiancee needs to adopt her. If he does then he can be her legal guardian.

Personally, I'd advise you not to change your daughters surname for a fiancee. Watch him for a bit after marriage too. Thanks �

1 Like

Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by advanceDNA: 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2022
Techgirl29:
Please I need advice and guidance on how I can travel overseas as a single mother with my daughter was never married to her dad, and I’m planning to get married to my fiancé by the end of this year as we both want to travel overseas together I need information as how I can travel with my daughter without any confusion from her fathers side as he is also married with two kids. And can I change my daughter last name to my new husband name to enable us travel all together please need this advice thanks

U can change ur daughters name ..its a free world ooooo.....but it can backfire if your ex decides to be vindictive and run you street cos im sure you wont get permission from him before changing his daughter's surname......if he writes the embassy ....you can be deported and banned for falsified documents and child trafficking even tbough its your child

The policy of embassies is that the non-traveling parent must give consent to allow u take her abroad...consent is given via letter written signed with a valid means of ID..

U may or may not also show proof of full custody...

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by advanceDNA: 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2022
socialmediaman:
You’ll need proof that she’s your daughter, in addition to a consent letter from her father if you don’t have proof of full custody. That’s how it’s done in most parts of the world

And why do you want to change your daughter’s last name without her father’s consent? You can’t just wish her father out of your life

Mothers can be funny..... there is this case in canada the mother took the daughter to canada without father's consent and was applying for rights to remain....she even lied about female genital mutilation and what not... the father wrote the Canadian embassy and successfully got the kid deported on grounds of child trafficking

1 Like

Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by Uyi168: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
Techgirl29:
Na your new husband get pikin?
Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by advanceDNA: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2022
Uyi168:
Na your new husband get pikin?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by Stenewiser: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2022
I tire oh

Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by zed7: 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2022
If you want to change your daughters surname, the new husband has to officially adopt her. What will be the basis though? As your ex is still alive.

As for taking the kid abroad, get your ex consent. He may gladly give you as the burden of responsibility will be transferred to the new man.
Re: How Can I Travel With My Child As A Single Mother by 2Radii: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2022
Techgirl29:
Lol, make I hear say one nonsense oponu change the name of my child from my last name to one nonsense guy last name..

Na sopona go kill all of them

(1) (Reply)

How A Goat Fell Into My House From A Ceiling While I Sl£pt — Man / *****August 2023 Giveaway ****** =N=1000 Recharge Card / The Deity That Expose And Punish Infidelity Among Married Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.