Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) (22847 Views)

See The Ripe Plantain I Bought #600 This Morning. / You Will Fall In Love With Unripe Plantain Porridge After Using This Recipe! / See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by SirJerrie(m): 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
Unripe plantain porridge brings back the memories of a Precious I use to know
cry cry
I enjoyed both Precious and the plantain porridge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by marlow1962(m): 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2022
Nice, cooking it tonight.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by shantti(m): 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

You are right Zonefree, I no dey nag abeg, it will pursue my oga far away, how I go take dey hold body.

Hold body in what aspect? Financially or sexually?
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by bigdammyj: 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
Nice looking.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by shantti(m): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
A lot of slay queens here can't even make pap or boil water.

Gloryhomemaker please help their career and do a video that teaches how to boil hot water and make pap.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by sonnie10: 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2022
No beef or chicken?
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by BlessedDay21: 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2022
Where una from dey see money take cook o?
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by Ikem11(m): 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Plantain porridge is healthy and very nutritious. This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps on how to make the yummiest and tasty plantain porridge. I used the half ripe plantains as the completely ripe one will be too sweet and the completely unripe one will be too strong.

Ingredients:

Half ripe plantains
Palm oil
Onions
Pepper
Dry fish
Crayfish
Scent leaves
Seasoning cube
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnnZM4Xur5E

STEPS:

In a dry pot on heat, add in palm oil.
Add in chopped onions and fry for a minute.
Add in chopped pepper.
Add in blended crayfish.
Add in seasoning and salt. (Your seasoning and salt should be proportional to the quantity of food you are cooking)
Add in water, should be same level with the plantain.
Add in the plantain and mix properly, taste for salt and seasoning and adjust if need be.
Add in the dry fish and cover to cook till the plantain is soft.
Add in the washed and sliced scent leaves, stir and cover to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy your meal.

Ah madam you Sabi cook o but when I look at your face you be like those wicked aunties lol. Them go give you food come beat you join. I come in peace shocked
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by Lovelife433(m): 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2022
Certified rubbish
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by vertueptime: 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Plantain porridge is healthy and very nutritious. This video gives a detailed easy to follow steps on how to make the yummiest and tasty plantain porridge. I used the half ripe plantains as the completely ripe one will be too sweet and the completely unripe one will be too strong.

Ingredients:

Half ripe plantains
Palm oil
Onions
Pepper
Dry fish
Crayfish
Scent leaves
Seasoning cube
Salt to taste

STEPS:

Add in chopped pepper.
Add in blended crayfish.
Add in seasoning and salt. (Your seasoning and salt should be proportional to the quantity of food you are cooking)
Add in the plantain and mix properly, taste for salt and seasoning and adjust if need be.
Add in the washed and sliced scent leaves, stir and cover to cook for 2 minutes.

Tasteless food
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by davidl7: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
My best food but e dey give me heart burn.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by fineboynl(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Half ripe plantains
Palm oil
Onions
Pepper
Dry fish
Crayfish
Scent leaves
Seasoning cube
Salt to taste

STEPS:

Add in chopped pepper.
Add in blended crayfish.

how much did you but that sandwich clad pot? Is it single or set.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by ceeceeco: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
Frying the palm oil is not the best, because, the meal will lack its 100% natural flavour.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by princewarri1985: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

You are right Zonefree, I no dey nag abeg, it will pursue my oga far away, how I go take dey hold body.
so you mean say if your oga travel go abroad for like 5 years you non go fit hold body abi? Na them be this, they are all the same,
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by fof1: 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Half ripe plantains
Palm oil
Onions
Pepper
Dry fish
Crayfish
Scent leaves
Seasoning cube
Salt to taste

STEPS:

Add in chopped pepper.
Add in blended crayfish.

I Prefer Unripe Plantains for this Meal. And it must be Cut into Smaller Pieces than what U did here,Pls.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by bobchigar(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
Nice one. It is delicious seeing it alone.

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by 9182736455O1999(m): 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2022
Foodie1:
4 pieces over here is 1,500..I live in Yola, Adamawa state.
Like You mean 1 piece in 4 places? or am i missing something? shocked
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by Foodie1(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2022
9182736455O1999:

Like You mean 1 piece in 4 places? or am i missing something? shocked
yes, a pieces in four places.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by AngelicBeing: 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
Nice at gloryhomemaker cool

When will gloryhomemaker cook any of the Northern cuisines like Tuwo masara, mian kuka, Tuwo shinkafa, brabisco, waina, Masa Koko dai kose, kunun zaki, kilishi etc

Chai, l Miss life in Northern Nigeria, when next l visit Nigeria, l need to visit Northern Nigeria were l grew up God punish boko haram for all the atrocities done to Northern Nigeria sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by oluwaseyi0: 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
AngelicBeing:

When will gloryhomemaker cook any of the Northern cuisines like Tuwo masara, mian kuka, Tuwo shinkafa, brabisco, waina, Masa Koko dai kose, kunun zaki, kilishi etc

Chai, l Miss life in Northern Nigeria, when next l visit Nigeria, l need to visit Northern Nigeria were l grew up God punish boko haram for all the atrocities done to Northern Nigeria sad

I'll advise you against that for now if you still need your life, the North is boiling itself

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by jeromestarks: 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2022
Corridon:
Looks yummy but I won't eat it.
The thing looks like sacrifice.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by AngelicBeing: 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

I'll advise you against that for now if you still need your life, the North is boiling itself
Really, Thanks Buddy sad

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by jessylaurel(f): 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Half ripe plantains
Palm oil
Onions
Pepper
Dry fish
Crayfish
Scent leaves
Seasoning cube
Salt to taste

STEPS:

Add in chopped pepper.
Add in blended crayfish.

Doesn't look appetizing. Such a large chunk of plantain tho.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by TheDictatorNd: 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
ripe plantain is a no no for me i love it unripe. Plantain is my best food that why i own a mini plantation

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
shantti:
A lot of slay queens here can't even make pap or boil water.

Gloryhomemaker please help their career and do a video that teaches how to boil hot water and make pap.

grin

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
sonnie10:
No beef or chicken?

You can add any protein of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
BlessedDay21:
Where una from dey see money take cook o?

No matter what, man must wack.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2022
Ikem11:

Ah madam you Sabi cook o but when I look at your face you be like those wicked aunties lol. Them go give you food come beat you join. I come in peace shocked

You are wrong

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
fineboynl:
how much did you but that sandwich clad pot? Is it single or set.

Spent about 1,500
The pot came in set.
Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
AngelicBeing:

Honestly I have not made any of the above except kilishi but I believe it can be learned.
Boko haram harmed the whole country.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
Realmi:
Blood tonic

You are correct.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Healthy And Delicious Half-ripe Plantain Porridge (Photos, Video) by Aklee4994(m): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
Foodie1:
4 pieces over here is 1,500..I live in Yola, Adamawa state.
Na lie abeg how come person go buy 4 pieces of plantain for 1500 meaning one Na #375...I live in Lagos and I buy plantain 5 pieces at #500 yesterday...I mean fruitful plantain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria / Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? / One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.