Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Should I Take Acca Or Cfa? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Take Acca Or Cfa? (292 Views)

Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? / What Are The Qualifications For Applying For ACCA Or ICAN / What You Should Know Before You Choose Whether To Write ACCA Or CFA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Take Acca Or Cfa? by QuinModah(f): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
SHOULD I TAKE ACCA OR CFA?

This is arguably the most asked career question this decade especially for people in finance, and as simple as the answer is, most people still end up jumping on the wrong professional course that is not exactly applicable to their career path.

LETS ANSWER IT:
Whilst, both are globally recognized qualifications ,ACCA is geared more towards accountancy, Auditing, Tax consulting and Book keeping while CFA is more or less all about portfolio management and the processes surrounding it (equity research, fixed income research, economics etc).

1-OBJECTIVES:Someone who is interested in Accounting, Auditing, Tax consulting, Book keeping should go for ACCA.
Someone who is interested in investment banking, portfolio management, equity research should go for CFA.

2- RECOGNITION: For those "japaing' it is important to check if the country you are migrating to recognize the certification you want to start. CFA is recognised in all 206 countries as it is one of the best finance courses in the world. ACCA is one of the oldest and best accounting course with recognition in 170+ countries ( as they claim on their website) it comes with certain limitations which are due to varying accounting and tax laws in different countries. Also ACCA is not accepted in USA. CFA is accepted in UK.

3- SCOPE: As mentioned above ACCA work profile include jobs related to mostly accounting and auditing, in the coming years with advanced technology and automation the accounting jobs are at risk and same is the case for some of the auditing jobs. CFA on the other hand gives you the ability to take better investment decisions both for the business and for an individual investor, even with automation or any upcoming technology, humans will be needed to take the final call.

4-SALARY: Backward looking jobs (accounting/ bookkeeping) pay the least, Forward looking jobs pay higher where you tend to work directly with the ( General manager/CEO/MD/ Investment advisor) .
Average Salary of a new CFA graduate in Nigeria is N6M/annum, average Salary of new ACCA graduate is 3.5M/annum.

PS: My salary data is collated from 10 of my network with either ACCA or CFA.

On a side note, CFA is tougher than ACCA and would require much more commitment from your end.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Datacom Engineer / How Does An Employee Recognition System Improve Your Employee Experience? / Profile Of Queen Nenye Andrew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.