Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

University Of Manitoba, Canada - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Manitoba, Canada (2135 Views)

University Of Manitoba / Study At The University Of Manitoba / University Of Manitoba Admission. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Manitoba, Canada by Hakeemadams(f): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hello good people, its my first time posting here. I would appreciate if my question is treated as urgent. I applied into University of Manitoba in Y2021, i submitted all necessary documents but i was refused admission based on my grade (Third Class Bs.c, Ed, Second Class Lower Med Counselling). Though, i applied for a Bsc. Program (Social Work). i decided to try again this year through an agent and i explained to him that i had applied into this school last year. He sent in another application on my behalf to the same school. After few days, i received an email from the school that they've merged the account with the one i used to apply last year. The painful part is I've paid the application fee.

I would like to ask what chances are of been offered admission and do i need to send any email to the school explaining

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by HeavenlyHolines(m): 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2022
Why not try another Canadian universities or better still the US that has fundings? Canada can do Shakara especially if Ur grade is not up to 2.1 and above

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by buttlover(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2022
Though i have graduated, i got admitted to the same school. but no fund to further it.
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by kingjoe(m): 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hakeemadams:
Hello good people, its my first time posting here. I would appreciate if my question is treated as urgent. I applied into University of Manitoba in Y2021, i submitted all necessary documents but i was refused admission based on my grade (Third Class Bs.c, Ed, Second Class Lower Med Counselling). Though, i applied for a Bsc. Program (Social Work). i decided to try again this year through an agent and i explained to him that i had applied into this school last year. He sent in another application on my behalf to the same school. After few days, i received an email from the school that they've merged the account with the one i used to apply last year. The painful part is I've paid the application fee.

I would like to ask what chances are of been offered admission and do i need to send any email to the school explaining
please sir can you give me their website I need a school in Canada for pg

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by HaryoBamex(m): 7:25am On Oct 04, 2022
Please how much did you pay for the application fee?
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Akeem1759(m): 8:27am On Oct 04, 2022
I'm an Education consultant, from my little experience Canada University hardly accept Third class for any program. You stated you applied for another BS.c, considering your age and Educational gap , it might not fly. A PGD program would have be better with a slim chancd though or betterstill try Uk ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by akmbaski(f): 10:36am On Oct 04, 2022
Please I am quite perplexed. Can someone whose CGPA is 3.6/5 (second class upper) a graduate of Medical Laboratory Sciences apply to Canadian universities for masters? I have sent couple of cold emails to some Professors at the University of Manitoba yet I have not received any reply.

Can I get a reply to this please?

I am beginning to consider going for a post baccalaureate Diploma in Healthcare Management at Cape Breton University Nova Scotia

1 Like

Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Doyenro23(m): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2022
Can someone with second class lower division apply?
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by wealthyhenry(m): 11:32am On Oct 04, 2022
Akeem1759:
I'm an Education consultant, from my little experience Canada University hardly accept Third class for any program. You stated you applied for another BS.c, considering your age and Educational gap , it might not fly. A PGD program would have be better with a slim chancd though or betterstill try Uk ..

Please, I have a first class and I've found it quite difficult getting funding. UK universities don give me admission tire... but no scholarship or funding yet. Please could you help me out?
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2022
wealthyhenry:

Please, I have a first class and I've found it quite difficult getting funding. UK universities don give me admission tire... but no scholarship or funding yet. Please could you help me out?
If you are looking for funding then apply to Canadian or US universities that have funding or teaching assistantship . This is not rocket science. If u r admitted then there you go.
Aside from your first class, you need a solid application (cv,sop,gre,toefl). Even though some schools will waive toefl for you, it is necessary for teaching assistantship offer
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Davidson1010: 1:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
buttlover:
Though i have graduated, i got admitted to the same school. but no fund to further it.
Can u share me the link to apply
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Davidson1010: 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2022
akmbaski:
Please I am quite perplexed. Can someone whose CGPA is 3.6/5 (second class upper) a graduate of Medical Laboratory Sciences apply to Canadian universities for masters? I have sent couple of cold emails to some Professors at the University of Manitoba yet I have not received any reply.

Can I get a reply to this please?

I am beginning to consider going for a post baccalaureate Diploma in Healthcare Management at Cape Breton University Nova Scotia
Can u share me the link to apply for that Canada university
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Ikennablue(m): 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hakeemadams:

a friend of mine finished there. Maybe she can help you
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by akmbaski(f): 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2022
Doyenro23:
Can someone with second class lower division apply?

Ideally, second class lower can not apply to university of Manitoba. It is 2.1 above. However, there are scenarios whereby some schools take 2.2. You have to have a mad ass sop, work experience, have written enough journals etc. The wahala plenty abeg . Even at that some schools like University of British Columbia requires that the 2.1 should be from 4 and above.

You can try out Cape Breton and some colleges.
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by akmbaski(f): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2022
Davidson1010:

Can u share me the link to apply for that Canada university

Kindly click on Cape Breton University and you will be directed to the school

Click on UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA and you will be directed to the school.
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Doyenro23(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2022
akmbaski:

Ideally, second class lower can not apply to university of Manitoba. It is 2.1 above. However, there are scenarios whereby some schools take 2.2. You have to have a mad ass sop, work experience, have written enough journals etc. The wahala plenty abeg . Even at that some schools like University of British Columbia requires that the 2.1 should be from 4 and above.

You can try out Cape Breton and some colleges.

Na to do pdg sure pass ohh
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Akeem1759(m): 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2022
wealthyhenry:

Sit for IELTS it will help your Scholarship application, i can always help.. PM me, i can be of help
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Najdorf: 12:28am On Oct 05, 2022
wealthyhenry:

Have you considered the US?
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Najdorf: 12:33am On Oct 05, 2022
Truth be told, you don't need an agent. What you need is the ability to do your own research, that's all.

I'm aware the University of Manitoba portal merges accounts even from different years but that itself is not the problem for you. The question now is, why are you applying to the same school again? If there isn't any major change in your application then why are you expecting a different outcome from the same school? An agent can't work any magic and your best bet is finding other schools where you meet their requirements.

But obviously, the lower your academic credentials the harder it is to get accepted and get funding(scholarships).
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by Davidson1010: 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
akmbaski:

Kindly click on Cape Breton University and you will be directed to the school

Click on UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA and you will be directed to the school.
Thanks bro. Lastly, can u help me with recommendation letter and any other documents needed for the admission process?
Re: University Of Manitoba, Canada by wealthyhenry(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Najdorf:

Have you considered the US?

So far, I've not. I've only applied to UK schools.

(1) (Reply)

Fast Track To Msc Without Bsc (commonwealth Youth Programme) Cyp / Ibadanpoly Post Pce / The Natures Gentle Touch Hair Institute: Learn – Explore – Enjoy - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.