Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church (438 Views)

Catholic Church Clarifies Mbaka’s ‘Removal’ From Adoration Ministry / Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry, Replaced, Sent To Monastery (Video) / My Take On How Mbaka Disgraced Peter Obi: Alter Of Mbaka, Not Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by Ofunaofu: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2022
The Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria on Monday clarified that Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka had not been removed from the Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria (AMEN) as erroneously reported in some quarters.

It stated that the recommendation for Mbaka to spend some time in solitude at a monastery was hinged on the need for him to hear what the Spirit of God had to tell him, but insisted that he was still the Spiritual Director of the Adoration Ministry.

The CSN disclosed this in a press statement issued in Abuja by its National Director of Social Communications, Padre Michael Umoh.

It said the clarification was necessary due to a news report that erroneously suggested that Bishop Callistus Onaga had sacked Fr Ejike Mbaka as the leader of the ministry.

Reacting to this, the Umoh pointed out that Mbaka personally proposed Fr. Anthony Amadi as the interim administrator of the Adoration Ministry while he is away.

He said, “Going by an interview with the Director of Communications, Enugu Diocese, Rev. Fr. Ben Achi, Very Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka was not removed from the Adoration Ministry, as many reports are suggesting.

“Rather, according to Fr. Achi, since it was recommended that Fr. Mbaka takes time away in solitude, in order to listen to what the Spirit of God has to tell him, he was allowed to propose a priest to administer, in the interim, to the faithful at the Adoration Ministry.

“With the approval of his Bishop, on Sunday, 2 October 2022, Fr. Mbaka introduced Fr. Anthony Amadi to the worshippers.

“Unfortunately, some people were still not pleased and would prefer that Fr. Mbaka remains.

“What every true Christian, and especially every true Catholic, should do at this moment is to commit our dear brother and priest, Fr. Mbaka, to God in prayer so that he may, through this moment, encounter God specially, come out stronger and better in recognizing His will for him and gain more graces to channel those rare gifts for His glory and for the sanctification of the people of God and society at large.

“The Church loves Fr. Mbaka and cherishes him as an illustrious son.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/just-in-mbaka-not-removed-from-adoration-ministry-catholic-church/
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by jlinkd78(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2022
Noted
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Since morning, some paid political pundits have been disseminating fake news as talks emanating from Mbaka. All the fake news are laughable and I want to use this medium to ask people to simply ignore them.

Most of them are giving fake news that Mbaka predicted and said again that Obi will end in shame. Please disregard those news. They are meant to discourage Obidient supporters. Mbaka never said anything about 2023 yet. Kindly ignore. Thanks
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by loosecanon50(m): 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
Removed or not, the man really messed up. He really soiled his name by delving into politics.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by Ivimmanuel: 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
people can now rest his matter and continue with Tinubu and Obi
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by festacman(m): 8:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
The onus now rests on Fr. Ejike Mbaka to communicate the true situation to the lay leaders of his Adoration Ministry to calm down the general members while he is briefly away on private retreat at the monastery.

I agree that Fr. Mbaka needs some time off to have an urgent redirection to focus much more on spiritual matters and much less on making money for his social programs. Yes, these programs have benefited many but it is driving him deeply into unnecessary materialism and often scandalous political adventurism.

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by Winnermindset(f): 8:02pm On Oct 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by femisplash: 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
Why is the Catholic Church trying so hard to put a chain on Fr.Mbaka. The Church is not a place of slavery but of liberty. I have not seen any Priest who has endorsed Obi go through this horrible level of humiliation. Why is Obi so devilish?
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by Osariemen12: 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
I knew it was misinformation in the first place. Catholics don't operate like that.
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by mymadam(m): 8:12pm On Oct 03, 2022
femisplash:
Why is the Catholic Church trying so hard to put a chain on Fr.Mbaka. The Church is not a place of slavery but of liberty. I have not seen any Priest who has endorsed Obi go through this horrible level of humiliation. Why is Obi so devilish?

Hmmm... Strong words, very strong words indeed angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by SmartPolician: 8:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
femisplash:

You ask as if you don't know. Just like corps members, Catholic priests are forbidden from meddling in local politics. Bishop Onaga bent that rule for Mbaka for decades because he knew how important Father Mbaka is in today's Catholic Church in Nigeria. When he couldn't take it anymore, the rule came in full force. Rules are rules. It's either you stick to it or you walk away.

The Catholic Church is the world's oldest international organisation. If an organisation will last that long, both the clergy and laity must stick to its stringent rules. Nobody cares about your emotions or what you think, not even Mbaka who made it abundantly clear that he's 100% loyal to his bishop and bears no grudges against him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by doggedfighter(f): 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
femisplash:

You don't love Mbaka. You are just being mischievous !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by femisplash: 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2022
SmartPolician:

You ask as if you don't know. Just like NYSC, Catholic priests are forbidden from meddling in local politics. Bishop Onaga bent that rule for Mbaka for decades because he knew how important Father Mbaka is in today's Catholic Church in Nigeria. When he couldn't take it anymore, the rule came in full force. Rules are rules. It's either you stick to it or you walk away.

The Catholic Church is the world's oldest international organisation. If an organisation will last that long, both the clergy and laity must stick to its stringent rules. Nobody cares about your emotions or what you think, not even Mbaka who made it abundantly clear that he's 100% loyal to his bishop and bears no grudges against him.
Your hypocrisy stinks. APGA was formed on the mandate of politics and the dichotomy between Catholics and Anglicans were fueled by political merchants.
https://m.facebook.com/anambrastate/posts/755456907813411

The early Catholic itself suffered the intricacies of politics.
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by femisplash: 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2022
doggedfighter:

I may have loved him if he was a bit hypocritical as you wanted him to be. Perhaps, if he had laid his hands on Obi and blessed his ambition as do other clerics, he wouldn't have been a victim of Church leadership and obvious conspiracies from people like you.
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by SmartPolician: 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
femisplash:

Your hypocrisy stinks. APGA was formed on the mandate of politics and the dichotomy between Catholics and Anglicans were fueled by political merchants.
https://m.facebook.com/anambrastate/posts/755456907813411

The early Catholic itself suffered the intricacies of politics.

Believe what you like.

As a devout Catholic, I am sharing on this platform (not necessarily because of you) what the teaching of the church says, not what political parties are doing.

PS: I won't reply you again.
Re: Just In: Mbaka Not Removed From Adoration Ministry — Catholic Church by SmartPolician: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
doggedfighter:

He's a popular APC urchin on this forum

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Kill Me, I'm A Man Of God, Johnson Suleman Blasts Attackers / The Moment Peter Obi Was Called Up At Experience / Ministry To Jws, Part 4 - Manner Of Christ's Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.