Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

2023 A Defining Year For Nigeria, The Way Forward Or Backward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 A Defining Year For Nigeria, The Way Forward Or Backward (132 Views)

2023 A Defining Year For Nigeria, The Way Forward Or Backward / Abia 2023: We Either Go Forward Or Continue In Darkness — Abaribe / 2019 Elections Is Defining Year For Nigeria - Jennifer Douglas-abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2023 A Defining Year For Nigeria, The Way Forward Or Backward by Gongoozler: 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
Looking back through the years eight years gone looks sad but the worse is that the future looks gloomy. I am persuaded to ask what has happened to Nigeria, is Nigeria redeemable?
Why is it that of all the problems rocking Nigeria we the ruled, the ones to suffer the brunt of evil, bad and visionless leadership set aside the problems and subsequent solution to this country and discuss/argue religious tribal issues. I always hear and read people supporting a candidate because of tribe and religion. Citizens are no more concerned about were the country is, were it's headed and were it's supposed to be. We rather focus on tribesmen and religion.
I am compelled to ask, is there anybody that if his tribe man is president will no longer suffer what a different tribe suffers if the country grows worse. Is there any tribe that if her son becomes president will not buy food again or pay school fees or house rent, transport and clothes. Or if your tribe becomes president your people will not fall sick again or pay hospital bill at all. If answer to the above questions is no why then do we argue based on tribal lines?
The northerners rallied round Buhari in 2019 and voted massively for him even after his calamitous first tenure, while the south voted Atiku cause they saw Buhari's failure. Now my question is, Does the northerners that vehemently supported Buhari's 2nd tenure after his abysmal failure buy food from a different market that southerners buy?
Do northerners enjoy better security more than southerners?
Are their own children exempted from ASUU strike?
Are the Muslims in the North exempted from bandit/bokoharam/Iswap attacks, kidnap, rape, House and farm displacement?
Pls with a sincere mind devoid of sentiments answer these questions.
My fellow Nigerians another opportunity has presented itself again to everyone to choose between going forward, backward or stagnant. I plead with all of us ask necessary questions like.
Will A candidate truly improve the economy.
will he bring good environment/policies for our businesses to thrive.
Can he create jobs. Can he solve insecurity.
Can he bridge widening tribal intolerance.
Can he improve our health and education sector. Is he mentally and physically healthy to shoulder the strong demand of 200 million citizens of Nigeria.
What ever choice we make now we will suffer it or enjoy it in the next 4 or 8 years irrespective of your tribe or religion.

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Minister Responds To US Claims Over Oil Cuts / Headline: Air Peace | Theft | Passengers 3 Million Naira Worth Macbook Missin / Throw Back: FFK'S Prayer For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.