Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi (241 Views)

Obasanjo: Borrowing For Recurrent Expenditure Is Foolish / 2019: NSA Moves To Shutdown Internet Access For Rigging Purposes Says Wike / Reps Approve More Borrowing For Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi by Bobloco: 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi has said he will embrace borrowing only when it becomes unavoidable, adding that it will be strictly for regenerative purposes and production.

Obi made this assertion while rolling out his governance agenda to Nigerians in the diaspora in Michigan, United States, on Monday.

He said, “We shall pursue a drastic reduction in cost of governance and corruption; Improve ease of doing business to attract FDI to jumpstart industrialization and when borrowing is unavoidable, it will be strictly for regenerative purposes and production.”

The Labour Party candidate, who spoke on the theme, “Nigeria Diaspora and Capacity Building,” stated that if elected president, his administration would drastically reduce the cost of governance.

In a statement issued by the Obi-Datti Media office on Tuesday, Obi noted that the reduction in cost of governance will help reduce the nation’s debt and tackle corruption.

On power, Obi said, “Even though I am aware that power has been moved from exclusive list to concurrent list, we will go beyond it; we will aggressively support the private sector to invest in the power chain through a multifaceted approach particularly the transmission infrastructure.

“As we all know, two components of the power sector (generation and distribution) have been privatized and liberalised leaving the most critical component (transmission) in the hands of the government which is causing inefficiency and darkness.

“We will, therefore, vigorously pursue the liberalization of the transmission infrastructure in addition to a robust power mix- embedded power and renewable energy,” he said.

Meanwhile, Obi expressed appreciation for the youths and encouraged them to be more resilient.

He said, “The journey to rescue Nigeria could not have gained momentum without the proactive role of our youth. I salute them.

“The race is far from over; the campaigning has only just started. Yet I am confident that given their resilience, they will stay the course,” he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/ill-only-embrace-borrowing-for-production-regenerative-purposes-says-peter-obi/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
Because of my Peter Obi only

1 Like

Re: I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi by Okoroawusa: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
So says Nigeria's major importer of foreign goods. ..

Oga swerve

7 Likes

Re: I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi by Imortal001: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Sai obidatti 2023!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi by successmatters(m): 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2022
I will vote for Peter Obi

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi by BurgundyBlue: 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
okay ooooo

MY ZIGGY IS OPEN FOR YOU...

SURREAL.....
Re: I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi by Afamed: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2022
From the sole importer of ketchup and ovaltine to Nigeria Give us another Joke. This one is dead on arrival. Obi the Pandora fraud

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi by GeneralPula: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
Nothing special. No new innovation. He’s only saying the things past government have been doing.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Only Embrace Borrowing For Production, Regenerative Purposes-says Peter Obi by Afamed: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
Truly Obi is empty

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mbaka Did Not Say Anything About Peter Obi On Sunday : Verified Info / I Have Noticed That Alot Of Northerners Are now Speaking Well Of Peter Obi / Muslim-muslim Ticket Just A Calculation To Win Votes- Onyaikan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.