Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,155 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

My Funny Experience With My Landlord - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Funny Experience With My Landlord (572 Views)

My Funny Experience With Some Police Men Today (Photos) / I Didn’t Sell House To Kiki Osinbajo – Landlord, Dr. Ayuba Musa / Landlord Ejects Friday Opurum, Traffic Warden Awarded By Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Funny Experience With My Landlord by MrrGary: 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello beautiful people!!
Hope everyone is doing great?

I moved into this apartment in pH earlier last year.
The compound is kinda divided into two; on the other side is for the tenants, while The landlord, his family and some of his relatives lives on the other side.

Recently the landlord requested to see me whenever I was free... Knowing fully well that I don’t owe him anything, as I try to clear up my bills immediately when required by the grace of Allah, I was wondering what he really wanted to see me for...

I was free this past sunday, so I went to see him before going to watch the Manchester derby. He welcomed me very well and even offered to get me a drink which I obliged.

The discussion started as follows;

1. He started by commending me for being a hardworking young man, and also jokingly called me his tenant of the year for never owing shishi... LooL grin

2. He proceeded by asking about my relationship life which obviously came as a surprise to me, but I just answered him that I do not have a girlfriend as I wanted to stay focused, and for rest of mind.

3. Baba just smiled and said he loved to hear that, also that was the reason he requested to see me.. Lol I nor fit shock shocked
He started telling me about one of his sister relative whom I actually see once in a while in the neighborhood. This time I was shocked to my bone’s marrow because I didn’t expect none of these crap.

4. He said since I was doing very well, I should consider getting along with her as I would be welcomed as an in-law as there’s no much time left for me as a man. cheesy

5. I just told him I would think about it.

Now I’m planning quitting the apartment because if I was broke and badly struggling, they would never even allow me greet, talk more of talking to their sister. They want to come reap from where they did not sow. . cheesy

If you were in my shoe, what would be your reaction?

Nlfpmod
Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by Koralords: 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
You no like the girl ?

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by lordm(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2022
Yeah, another Nollywood bullshit

3 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by vickyfrancis1(m): 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2022
Being focused in life is good...
A good woman will never derail your life ambitions.
Try and get one good lady..
Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by Reinamaria(f): 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2022
Tell him if he's serious about it, he should let you live in his house for free (as par prospective in-law), while you "think about it".
Let's see if he'll still be interested.

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by Winnermindset(f): 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2022
Lol. Quit the compound.
Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by festacman(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2022
If she meets your specs with good attitude, then date and marry her. Why not? You never know if she is made to be your soul mate and what is happening is how you would meet her.
Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by budaatum: 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
MrrGary:

If you were in my shoe, what would be your reactions?

I would thank the landlord for recognising my conscientiousness and my ability to pay my rent on time and tell him I got this far by being focused. But if that does not satisfy him I shall tell him my mother has found me a nice girl in our village, and you in fact send money to your mother to pay for her to complete her university education, and when she's done I shall marry her, insha'Allah.

Hopefully, before my time runs out I would have upgraded my apartment, or landlord would need to be told girl mama found has gone to London for her masters and you'd be marrying her when she returns. Oh! And "landlord, I am very sorry I will miss next month's rent. My future wife needs school fees".

Though pay the month you missed plus next month's rent in advance when you do finally pay so this landlord does not wreck your unblemished record and future.

2 Likes

Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by Rajahbite(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
Tell Oga Land to give you him sisi to taste(both in character and in the other room) so as to know whether you guys would be compatible

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by Ijoba4lyf(m): 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2022
Guy... Chop the kponmo make we rest.
Na your reward for "tenant if the year" be that. Who no like incentives? Guy, if you miss this your reward... You fit miss your period

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by McLizbae: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2022
It's either of 2 ways, your landlord fit be God sent or devil sent. As you see the girl, wetin your mind tell you?
Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by HopeSpencer: 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
budaatum:

I would thank the landlord for recognising my conscientiousness and my ability to pay my rent on time and tell him I got this far by being focused. But if that does not satisfy him I shall tell him my mother has found me a nice girl in our village, and you in fact send money to your mother to pay for her to complete her university education, and when she's done I shall marry her, insha'Allah.

Hopefully, before my time runs out I would have upgraded my apartment, or landlord would need to be told girl mama found has gone to London for her masters and you'd be marrying her when she returns. Oh! And "landlord, I am very sorry I will miss next month's rent. My future wife needs school fees".

Though pay the month you missed plus next month's rent in advance when you do finally pay so this landlord does not wreck your unblemished record and future.

Will you make heaven like this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Funny Experience With My Landlord by budaatum: 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2022
HopeSpencer:

Will you make heaven like this?

I don't expect to make heaven at all, though this post is unlikely to be the one that makes me not make heaven.

Read some of my other posts and I bet you'd see me making hell and the hottest part at that. It would be more interesting, I think, as opposed to being in a place where the righteous get to go, especially since I'm not qualified to be there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets With Havard Executives In Massachusetts / Anambra Under 14 Feet Of Water Been Steadly Rising Over Last Month (video) / APC House Of Representatives Campaign In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.