Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi (374 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / Femi Adesina: Bandits Are Criminals, Not Terrorists / Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Presidential candidate of The Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi has dismissed claims that the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, is a terrorist group.

Obi, who made this assertion while in an interview with Channels Television, stated that IPOB members live around him and do not constitute a threat to the country.

He said, “The only thing I disagree with is naming IPOB terrorist; they are not terrorists. Those who took the decision may have information that I don’t have.

“I stay in Onitsha, and I can tell you that they are people. I pass them on the road every day.

“I meet and live with them; in fact, I usually see people gathering, and I have never had the sense of threat or molestation from them, even when they gather,” he said.

Obi maintained that IPOB members are not terrorists.

Recall that the Nigerian government had proscribed IPOB following the secessionist agitation actualization of Biafra.

Meanwhile, the Federal High Court sitting in Umuahia, Abia State, has fixed October 27 for judgement in the suit filed by the Leader of the IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu against the Federal Government.

Kanu in the suit filed on his behalf by his Special Counsel, Mr Aloy Ejimakor, is challenging his extraordinary rendition from Kenya by the agents of the Federal Government.

source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/ipob-members-not-terrorists-i-live-with-them-peter-obi/

1 Like

Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by November1857(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
Is IPOB a terrorist organization before ...

1 Like

Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by Winnermindset(f): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Boko haram are the main terrosit organization.
Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by Ezewuzie01: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2022
Peter Obi's much publicized visit to Frankfurt, Germany a couple of months ago was to thank IPOB at their HQ and solicit more financial support from them. Expectedly that would come with conditions he is expected to fulfill if they can push him to power. We alerted Nigerians on this then but people chose to ignore. Many so called obedients don't know how they are being played like puppets.
Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by derecho(m): 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2022
PO has responded to this like 2months ago.
Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by November1857(m): 9:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ezewuzie01:
Peter Obi's much publicized visit to Frankfurt, Germany a couple of months ago was to thank IPOB at their HQ and solicit more financial support from them. Expectedly that would come with conditions he is expected to fulfill if they can push him to power. We alerted Nigerians on this then but people chose to ignore. Many so called obedients don't know how they are being played like puppets.
Typical afonja.... Can Germany condone terrorist organization, since you guys claimed IPOB is a terrorist organization.
Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by uzohrome(m): 9:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
No sensible person will see ipob as a terrorist. Even uk did not see them as terrorist,not even usa .... every sensible Nigerian knows that its a form of demeaning or marginalisation. Even Adebanjo , obasanjo condemn it. So obi can't support injustice in any form. Bleep distractors.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2022
valentineuwakwe:
Presidential candidate of The Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi has dismissed claims that the

source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/ipob-members-not-terrorists-i-live-with-them-peter-obi/
Tinubu is main sponsor of OPC

Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by losky83: 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
valentineuwakwe:
Presidential candidate of The Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi has dismissed claims that the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, is a terrorist group.

Obi, who made this assertion while in an interview with Channels Television, stated that IPOB members live around him and do not constitute a threat to the country.

He said, “The only thing I disagree with is naming IPOB terrorist; they are not terrorists. Those who took the decision may have information that I don’t have.

“I stay in Onitsha, and I can tell you that they are people. I pass them on the road every day.

“I meet and live with them; in fact, I usually see people gathering, and I have never had the sense of threat or molestation from them, even when they gather,” he said.

Obi maintained that IPOB members are not terrorists.

Recall that the Nigerian government had proscribed IPOB following the secessionist agitation actualization of Biafra.

Meanwhile, the Federal High Court sitting in Umuahia, Abia State, has fixed October 27 for judgement in the suit filed by the Leader of the IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu against the Federal Government.

Kanu in the suit filed on his behalf by his Special Counsel, Mr Aloy Ejimakor, is challenging his extraordinary rendition from Kenya by the agents of the Federal Government.

BUYING SUPPORT
Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by AsomughaChuks05: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
IPOB ordered all Nigerian flags in the south east to be removed threatening violence on defaulters, has Obi said anything in condemnation of that act? Obi defending IPOB is suspicious.
Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2022
AsomughaChuks05:
IPOB ordered all Nigerian flags in the south east to be removed threatening violence on defaulters, has Obi said anything in condemnation of that act? Obi defending IPOB is suspicious.
and that's very bad
Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by mycar: 10:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by owobokiri(m): 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
Peter Obi is very much correct here! IPOB are not and will NEVER be terrorists. They are nothing but agitators angling for a Biafran nation. The terrorist tag was a fabrication of the Buhari oligarchy and no other person in the world takes that terrorist tag serious, apart from Buharis tribal henchmen and other APC partizan hacks!
Obi is totally right! If you don't like that , jump into the lagoon!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Members Not Terrorists, I Live With Them - Peter Obi by Conrod: 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ezewuzie01:
A terror group in the heart of europe ? ..get sense now.

(1) (Reply)

Watch What Peter HE Peter Obi Did When Kogi And Anambra State Was Flooded. / Olusegun Obasanjo Endorses Peter Obi As His Presidential Candidate / Ghana Deports 16 Nigerians For Engaging In Online Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.