Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

Choosing Chelsea Over Man United Was Best Decision Of My Career – Mikel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Choosing Chelsea Over Man United Was Best Decision Of My Career – Mikel (179 Views)

Edinson Cavani: I Am Sad And Upset Over Man Utd’s Decision / Outrage As 'white Lives Matter' Plane Flies Over Man City Vs Burnley Match / Former Napoli Coach Sarri Chooses Chelsea Over PSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing Chelsea Over Man United Was Best Decision Of My Career – Mikel by damilola4162(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2022
Former Super Eagles skipper, John Obi Mikel has reteritated that picking Chelsea over Manchester United was the best decision of his entire football career, Newspremises reports.

The former Chelsea star who recently announced his retirement from football, made a controversial move to Stamford Bridge in 2006 after Manchester United claimed they had already signed him.

After a protracted saga that lasted for months, Chelsea offered to pay Manchester United $12m, while Mikel’s then Danish club Lyn Oslo got $4m.

The midfielder then spent 11 years at Stamford Bridge, winning the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, two Premier Leagues, two League Cups, and four FA Cups.

The 35-year-old left Chelsea for the Chinese Super League club, Tianjin Teda, in 2017.

“I don’t regret any decision I made because I enjoyed everything I achieved at Chelsea – it’s the best decision I have ever made in my life,” Mikel told BBC Sport Africa.

“I signed a pre-contract for Manchester United when I was 17. If you are a kid and you see Sir Alex Ferguson right in front of you with the contract, of course you will be tempted.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/choosing-chelsea-over-manchester-united-was-best-decision-of-my-career-mikel/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: Choosing Chelsea Over Man United Was Best Decision Of My Career – Mikel by Corridon: 10:37am On Oct 05, 2022
You made the right decision. You wouldn't have benched Scholes or Carrick at Man U. The only problem at Chelsea was being played out of position. Mikel is more of an attacking midfielder than being defensive.

1 Like

Re: Choosing Chelsea Over Man United Was Best Decision Of My Career – Mikel by Urheadmaster(m): 10:38am On Oct 05, 2022
Who wouldn't deny Manchester United FC at the moment tongue

1 Like

Re: Choosing Chelsea Over Man United Was Best Decision Of My Career – Mikel by Corridon: 10:40am On Oct 05, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Who wouldn't deny Manchester United FC at the moment tongue
Man U was hot under Ferguson back then.

1 Like

Re: Choosing Chelsea Over Man United Was Best Decision Of My Career – Mikel by Urheadmaster(m): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2022
Corridon:
Man U was hot under Ferguson back then.

No argument grin
Re: Choosing Chelsea Over Man United Was Best Decision Of My Career – Mikel by ikdaddy01(m): 10:43am On Oct 05, 2022
He made his choice. Right or wrong it's in the past. He is lived a live and a good career in Chelsea. If it could have been greater in ManUtd He wouldn't know again at this point. Hence his life has moved on

1 Like

Re: Choosing Chelsea Over Man United Was Best Decision Of My Career – Mikel by HarlequinLekex: 10:44am On Oct 05, 2022
Manure fans una don hear

(1) (Reply)

Man City Vs Southampton Live Football - 8th Oct 2022 - EPL / Aston Villa Vs Chelsea Match Preview 2022-10-16 / Mason Greenwood Charged With Attempted Rape And Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.