Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate (851 Views)

Real Estate: Why You Should Invest In Lagos Bush No Matter The Area. / 7 Reasons You Should Invest In Real Estate Rather Than Cars. / Where Do You Think I Should Invest My 1 Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2022
"Dreams don’t have to just be dreams. You can make it a reality; if you just keep pushing and keep trying, then eventually you'll reach your goal. And if that takes a few years, then that's great, but if it takes 10 or 20, then that's part of the process."
— Naomi Osaka

The most basic real estate investment strategy is “land” investment. “Land” is one of the oldest property types to exist. Since the days of old, man has always traded landed properties and throughout the years this form of investment has proven to be a reliable source of income. In the Nigerian real estate market today, there are several real estate investment opportunities available, however, none of these investment opportunities can compare to land investment. This is because it offers versatile options on how to utilize your property.

The concept of investing in land and purchasing a piece of land is one that is not well understood in Nigeria. Quite a number of people do not completely understand how land buying works and even fewer people understand how investing in land is a smart strategic move for diversifying your portfolio. Trust me you don’t want to be one of these people. People often ask several questions about investing in landed properties like; Is buying land a good investment? What are the benefits of owning a piece of land? Why should I buy land? Or How do you make money buying land? The benefits of investing in land are endless. However, there are factors to consider when investing in a property if you are looking to make good returns.

1. Versatility and Options: Owning a piece of land provides you with diverse options, it is flexible and can serve several purposes. Land can be used for residential and commercial purposes. You can decide to rent, sell, or develop the land depending on your financial expectation and ability. Deciding to rent out your land for the construction of commercial buildings means two things; you are guaranteed a steady income and an increase in property value. Selling the land to commercial or residential investors for added value after some years is another option.

On another hand, the land can also be used for farming and livestock purposes. As a landowner, you have the option of either renting your property out for a number of years or for farming purposes. This serves two main purposes for a landowner, generating money from rent and from appreciation.

2. Land Increases in Value: Over the years the value of land is said to double or triple as times go by and only those who purchased would reap its long-term benefits. One fact is that land when purchased in the right location, has no depreciating value. For this reason, it is a perfect real estate investment strategy. Land is a very veritable resource; it can never depreciate in value. In Nigeria, deciding to invest in land means investing in an asset that cannot be destroyed, moved, or affected rather it would appreciate as development keeps coming to the location.

3. No Competition: The beauty of land is that it differs so there is little or no competition. There are several sizes, location, and even shape that it is near impossible to get the exact land. Compare that to property owners who have to stay afloat in the overcrowded property market. Deciding to invest in land means you would not have to burden yourself with the never-ending process of bidding with other competitors.

4. Limited Management Issues: With an investment in land you don’t have to worry about maintenance, unlike residential and commercial properties. Lands require little or no maintenance but in the case of properties, a lot of energy and money is set aside for maintenance. For maximum profit to be guaranteed in purchasing land, one important criterion if not the most important is that the land has to be suitable for construction. There are certain investors who are too busy to deal with tenants, maintenance, and managerial issues, land is a great strategy for making money in real estate passively.

5. Investing in Landed properties provides you peace of mind: Land is a tangible asset which doesn’t depreciate, wear out over time, or get stolen, owing to this fact, it provides you with the peace of mind you need knowing your investment is secured and you don’t have to be burdened.

Land is a tangible asset and it is easy to purchase. Land requires little or no maintenance, unlike other real estate facets. Land ownership requires no additional work from you, leaving you with peace of mind. This real estate niche has low competition and is just waiting for you to get involved. Land as a real estate investment strategy is possibly one of the best options for investors who are not cut out for the hard work of residential real estate properties.
“Buy on the fringe and wait. Buy land near a growing city! Buy real estate when other people want to sell. Hold what you buy!” - John Jacob Astor, real estate and business mogul

Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 1:18pm On Oct 05, 2022
Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth. – Paul Clitheroe
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2022
“Buy on the fringe and wait. Buy land near a growing city! Buy real estate when other people want to sell. Hold what you buy!” - John Jacob Astor, real estate and business mogul

1 Like

Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 7:15am On Oct 06, 2022
"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one!"
— Dolly Parton
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 9:05am On Oct 08, 2022
. "The moral of my story is the sun always comes out after the storm. Being optimistic and surrounding yourself with positive loving people is for me, living life on the sunny side of the street."
— Janice Dean
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
"When it comes to luck, you make your own."
— Bruce Springsteen
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
"When it comes to luck, you make your own."
— Bruce Springsteen
. "If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one!"
— Dolly Parton
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 9:30am On Nov 15, 2022
I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."
— Rosa Parks
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2022
"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one!"
— Dolly Parton
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
. "The moral of my story is the sun always comes out after the storm. Being optimistic and surrounding yourself with positive loving people is for me, living life on the sunny side of the street."
— Janice Dean
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm possible!'"
— Audrey Hepburn
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
— Janice Dean
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 7:23am On Dec 20, 2022
The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot."
— Michael Altshuler
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
Real estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual’s cash flow and wealth. – Robert Kiyosaki
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 2:03am On Jan 12, 2023
Now, one thing I tell everyone is learn about real estate. Repeat after me: real estate provides the highest returns, the greatest values and the least risk. – Armstrong Williams
Re: Five Interesting Reasons Why One Should Invest In Real Estate by StellaAyomide(f): 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2023
I have always liked real estate; farm land, pasture land, timber land and city property. I have had experience with all of them. I guess I just naturally like ‘the good Earth,’ the foundation of all our wealth. – Jesse H. Jones

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Register On Earningestate? / Actual Selling Or Purchase Price Of Shares / 50million Ocenic Shares for sale at 20k Off The Market Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.