Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,011 members, 7,845,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile (815 Views)

Terror Threat: Real Reason US Raised Red Flag / Nigerians Knock Mbaka For Calling Peter Obi A Stingy Man / MUSLIM-MUSLIM Presidential Ticket Is A Red Flag For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Brainy56: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
Peter Obi A Red flag for Nigeria

© Soibi Versatile

Whenever I see those who clamour for Peter Obi with the hope that he will transform Nigeria I find it absurd. First in what way does he appear more qualified? The signs that build up to the emergence of a leader tells a lot about how his government will be. Look at President Buhari as an example who got into power by propaganda and false promises. His tenure has been riddled with controversies related to propaganda and promises not kept.

Peter Obi and his supporters have tried to shut down anyone who gives contrary view to his victory forgetting that this is an election not a private project where you decide for yourself what you want. I often tell people election is a game of numbers and conviction. A large number of Obidients have a closed mind. Election is not a threat game of this and that, not when you are in a minority and your candidate has no grass root in other regions and structure.

Structure matters a lot. The reason Bola Tinubu won the primaries in APC is because over the years he had been building. You saw the kind of landside victory he had, it was not a one day thing. It was years of making friends and playing key roles.

No President without a foothold over the national assembly can have control over policies and move a nation forward because he will not be ruling Nigeria by executive orders. Democracy stops being democracy when such is the practice. The process that has produced Peter Obi is not well baked. For an Igbo man to rule Nigeria the whole nation has to come together. Otherwise ask your top politicians in the east why they did not win the primaries. The likes of Orji Uzo Kalu, Hope Uzodinma, Ihedioha and Umahi know this being experienced and seasoned politicians.

Keep sentiment aside Peter Obi is a growing force but not a ready force to take over the nation. I don’t hate him but just like I said he will play a role in the next election because either way he may be the one who will help Bola Tinubu clinch the Presidency by putting Atiku at disadvantage.

Everyone cannot be President at the same time. The opposition have to come together to say this is who we want . A divided opposition stand a lesser chance to win. In 2019 Atiku had Obi as his Vice yet they lost so what arrogance are you banking on. Election is not won by personal determination. There has to be a conviction. You cannot win by threatening others in a situation where votes count not personal effort. Everyone has his home ground. Your threats can only work in your eastern States because if you go to the North and do anyhow, you will see anyhow.

The whole graphical game of showing fake crowds from Brazil as supporters of Obi or using glitch devices to produce multiple likes and follows on a post for Peter Obi has its limit. If Buhari did it and won it was because he comes from a region with 19 states and is the most popular Northerner. Obi is not even the highest eastern politician.

The unity of Nigeria stands a risk with Peter Obi because he is a tribal politician. Who are his Northern friends? The whole clamour is not for the progress of Nigeria but a tribal card by people of the east after a failed attempt to get a referendum through a Biafran agitation. It is not true that Obi is the best candidate. In what way ? What qualification?

I have been with the Igbos four times in my career and I can tell you the Igbo man is a tribalist. When I see people from the Niger Delta support Peter Obi I wonder if they have a knowledge of the political history of the nation and how these same people massacred their ancestors during the civil war. If by chance Obi gets there you actually believe he will create a fair Nigeria for everyone than Atiku? You think the Igbo man would see you as his brother when it is time for position? You obviously need a brain check. The Igbo man is not naturally fair. He doesn’t have equity in him and his Integrity in terms of money and power cannot be relied upon. When I hear them say those who don’t want Peter Obi love corruption. It makes me even laugh harder because most of them talking are selling fake items, imitations or doing one illicit business. So what love for integrity are they talking about? Does the typical Nigerian complain about corruption except when he is not benefitting. It is a false ideology to me.

Peter Obi reminds me of late General Aguiyi Ironsi in that they are both men, do the hear no evil and see no evil. Ironsi saw the brutality with which his folks took over power in the first coup in 1966 killing all the high ranking Northerners but chose to keep mute and a blind eye putting the nation at war by that bias decision. There was no way the North would have clapped over such a massacre or left it unavenged. Ironsi left his folks Late Kaduna Nzeogwu and co, alive without a meaningful penalty and caused the war that broke out by his hear no evil, see no evil. I have had to ask myself why has an Igbo man not ruled the nation since then and I realised there is a reason. They are the biggest threat to the unity of the nation. Nigeria needs a President who will restructure it and one who will unite the nation not one backed by holigans and people with a closed mind who talk about fairness when they cannot live it. Whoever wins this election will not be a Messiah no matter how good he is, he can be a John the Baptist to lay the ground firm for progress. At a time the opposition could come together they are busy attacking themselves and giving APC a high chance of victory because everyone wants to be President.

Since most of them want to think accross ethnic lines they must know like in football everyone has his own home ground. The North have theirs, the east has theirs and in the end election is a game of numbers, politics and democracy is a game of numbers. How does a President without party members in the Senate and National Assembly pass bills? Did Goodluck Jonathan who was a Southern President with more acceptance from the North and a PDP President find it easy?

A large part of the Niger Delta have PDP as their roots. They feed from PDP. Have their associates from PDP so would they turn against their party for someone who is not better than their party candidate? I fear that Tinubu may end up with the advantage because of Obi.

If Obi wants to be President he should do a real campaign. Not rely on threat game by his supporters. Election is a game of numbers and conviction even more then prayer and fasting. Sell your candidate with valid reasons not stupid logic. Don’t threaten the unity of the nation as you did in 1966. Violence will not make Peter Obi President, conviction can.

Soibi Versatile is Daily Memoirs Chief Writer

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by B2B23: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2022
Think no further.

Peter Obi is the only candidate that will remove Nigeria from the cesspool.

With Peter Obi you can't be confused. This is the first time Nigeria is having a third option after the rock and hard ground,after the devil and the deep blue sea.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by limeta(f): 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2022
The whole graphical game of showing fake crowds from Brazil as supporters of Obi or using glitch devices to produce multiple likes and follows on a post for Peter Obi has its limit.[b][/b]

From when i saw this i said nah not for me
Same Op that voted for Buhari twice is now saying propaganda here and there .

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by aldaugle(f): 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2022
Hmm
Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by BurgundyBlue: 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
SotonyeMark I sight you....your name draws my attention.... you be kalabari?

MY ZIGGY IS OPEN FOR YOU...

SURREAL.....

HUNDRED PERCENT ASSURANCE
Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by gidgiddy: 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
Brainy56:

© anyhow.

Peter Obi reminds me of late General Aguiyi Ironsi in that they are both men, do the hear no evil and see no evil. Ironsi saw the brutality with which his folks took over power in the first coup in 1966 killing all the high ranking Northerners but chose to keep mute and a blind eye putting the nation at war by that bias decision. There was no way the North would have clapped over such a massacre or left it unavenged. Ironsi left his folks Late Kaduna Nzeogwu and co, alive without a meaningful penalty and caused the war that broke out by his hear no evil, see no evil. I have had to ask myself why has an Igbo man not ruled the nation since then and I realised there is a reason. They are the biggest threat to the unity of the nation. Nigeria needs a President who will restructure it and one who will unite the nation not one backed by holigans and people with a closed mind who talk about fairness when they cannot live it. Whoever wins this election will not be a Messiah no matter how good he is, he can be a John the Baptist to lay the ground firm for progress. At a time the opposition could come together they are busy attacking themselves and giving APC a high chance of victory because everyone wants to be President.

If Obi wants to be President he should do a real campaign. Not rely on threat game by his supporters. Election is a game of numbers and conviction even more then prayer and fasting. Sell your candidate with valid reasons not stupid logic. Don’t threaten the unity of the nation as you did in 1966. Violence will not make Peter Obi President, conviction can.

You are entitled to not like Peter Obi and his candidacy, it is not possible for everyone to like any Presidential candidate

What is however ludicrous is to bring Aguiyi Ironsi into it. Someone says that Aguiyi Ironsi and his people did a coup and took over power. But there were 7 other coups that others did and took power, including one led by the current President, that never gets talked about and is never an issue

He then says that thr first coup caused the war, forgetting that the war started 18 months after the first coup. What happend in those 18 months? Counter-coup, pogrom and the Aburi accord, none of which Nigerians want to talk about because it would show that it was Nigeria that caused the war

He then says that Igbos are the biggest threat to the unity of Nigeria. The question then is, if you consider Igbos to be that big a threat, why do you want to united with them in one country? If an Igbo man cannot be President, why do you want them to be with you in one country?

They talk about Igbod embracing others and building bridges

What bridge did a Fulani man like Buhari build as herdsmen from his tribe were killing across Nigeria?

What bridge did a Yoruba man like Obasanjo build as OPC was massacring non indigenes in the South West before and during his tenure?

Both these men enjoyed two tenures

Those who criticise Igbos all went on to do to far worse than Igbos, they conducted far mor bloody coups, had ethnic armies that have killed far more people, become Presidents and brought us to the devastating point where we are today through bad governance

But they still tell the world that Igbos are the problem

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Kokoy2022: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
Ofe Ose people are cursed and damned by the fallen demons,so what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by David160(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Brainy56:

© Soibi Versatile

Whenever I see those who clamour for Peter Obi with the hope that he will transform Nigeria I find it absurd. First in what way does he appear more qualified? The signs that build up to the emergence of a leader tells a lot about how his government will be. Look at President Buhari as an example who got into power by propaganda and false promises. His tenure has been riddled with controversies related to propaganda and promises not kept.

Peter Obi and his supporters have tried to shut down anyone who gives contrary view to his victory forgetting that this is an election not a private project where you decide for yourself what you want. I often tell people election is a game of numbers and conviction. A large number of Obidients have a closed mind. Election is not a threat game of this and that, not when you are in a minority and your candidate has no grass root in other regions and structure.

Structure matters a lot. The reason Bola Tinubu won the primaries in APC is because over the years he had been building. You saw the kind of landside victory he had, it was not a one day thing. It was years of making friends and playing key roles.

No President without a foothold over the national assembly can have control over policies and move a nation forward because he will not be ruling Nigeria by executive orders. Democracy stops being democracy when such is the practice. The process that has produced Peter Obi is not well baked. For an Igbo man to rule Nigeria the whole nation has to come together. Otherwise ask your top politicians in the east why they did not win the primaries. The likes of Orji Uzo Kalu, Hope Uzodinma, Ihedioha and Umahi know this being experienced and seasoned politicians.

Keep sentiment aside Peter Obi is a growing force but not a ready force to take over the nation. I don’t hate him but just like I said he will play a role in the next election because either way he may be the one who will help Bola Tinubu clinch the Presidency by putting Atiku at disadvantage.

Everyone cannot be President at the same time. The opposition have to come together to say this is who we want . A divided opposition stand a lesser chance to win. In 2019 Atiku had Obi as his Vice yet they lost so what arrogance are you banking on. Election is not won by personal determination. There has to be a conviction. You cannot win by threatening others in a situation where votes count not personal effort. Everyone has his home ground. Your threats can only work in your eastern States because if you go to the North and do anyhow, you will see anyhow.

The whole graphical game of showing fake crowds from Brazil as supporters of Obi or using glitch devices to produce multiple likes and follows on a post for Peter Obi has its limit. If Buhari did it and won it was because he comes from a region with 19 states and is the most popular Northerner. Obi is not even the highest eastern politician.

The unity of Nigeria stands a risk with Peter Obi because he is a tribal politician. Who are his Northern friends? The whole clamour is not for the progress of Nigeria but a tribal card by people of the east after a failed attempt to get a referendum through a Biafran agitation. It is not true that Obi is the best candidate. In what way ? What qualification?

I have been with the Igbos four times in my career and I can tell you the Igbo man is a tribalist. When I see people from the Niger Delta support Peter Obi I wonder if they have a knowledge of the political history of the nation and how these same people massacred their ancestors during the civil war. If by chance Obi gets there you actually believe he will create a fair Nigeria for everyone than Atiku? You think the Igbo man would see you as his brother when it is time for position? You obviously need a brain check. The Igbo man is not naturally fair. He doesn’t have equity in him and his Integrity in terms of money and power cannot be relied upon. When I hear them say those who don’t want Peter Obi love corruption. It makes me even laugh harder because most of them talking are selling fake items, imitations or doing one illicit business. So what love for integrity are they talking about? Does the typical Nigerian complain about corruption except when he is not benefitting. It is a false ideology to me.

Since most of them want to think accross ethnic lines they must know like in football everyone has his own home ground. The North have theirs, the east has theirs and in the end election is a game of numbers, politics and democracy is a game of numbers. How does a President without party members in the Senate and National Assembly pass bills? Did Goodluck Jonathan who was a Southern President with more acceptance from the North and a PDP President find it easy?

A large part of the Niger Delta have PDP as their roots. They feed from PDP. Have their associates from PDP so would they turn against their party for someone who is not better than their party candidate? I fear that Tinubu may end up with the advantage because of Obi.

. Fu*ck u

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Sonyboom765: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
The only way Peter Pandora will come third is if Kwankwaso step down

B2B23:
Think no further.

Peter Obi is the only candidate that will remove Nigeria from the cesspool.

With Peter Obi you can't be confused. This is the first time Nigeria is having a third option after the rock and hard ground,after the devil and the deep blue sea.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
This is one of those foolish writers

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by MasterJayJay: 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
Another author with no sense.

To win Presidential election, all you to do is to win majority of the votes with 2/3 of 36 states. There are no conditions with house of rep or senate candidates.

I have been with the Igbos four times
in my career and I can tell you the
Igbo man is a tribalist.

Only a fool would call Igbo people tribalist when it comes to politics.

Igbo gave majority of their votes to Obasanjo despite the fact Ojukwu who is still popular than Peter Obi contested in 2003.

Igbo gave majority of their votes to Yar Adua and Goodluck Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Sonyboom765: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2022
Same Igbo that stoned Awolowo
And couldn't vote someone as programmatic as MKO cos of VP ticket while the HuasaFulani you fools call bigot voted him in even in Tofa's home state of Kano when they clear have the presidential ticket. Any Igbo caught arguing igbos are not bigots or hatefilled need to be stoned to death or beheaded

MasterJayJay:
Another author with no sense.

To win Presidential election, all you to do is to win majority of the votes with 2/3 of 36 states. There are no conditions with house of rep or senate candidates.

Only a fool would call Igbo people tribalist when it comes to politics.

Igbo gave majority of their votes to Obasanjo despite the fact Ojukwu who is still popular than Peter Obi contested in 2003.

Igbo gave majority of their votes to Yar Adua and Goodluck Jonathan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by MasterJayJay: 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Sonyboom765:
And couldn't vote someone as programmatic as MKO cos of VP ticket while the HuasaFulani you fools call bigot voted him in even in Tofa's home state of Kano when they clear have the presidential ticket. Any Igbo caught arguing igbos are not bigots or hatefilled need to be stoned to death or beheaded

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun . Ban this user for threatening death on Igbo people. He broke rule 2.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Sonyboom765: 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
Just as I tot. I tot Igbos like those saying the truth or the truth now hurt so much you miserable souls can't handle it anymore.

MasterJayJay:

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun . Ban this user for threatening death on Igbo people. He broke rule 2.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by B2B23: 6:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Sonyboom765:
The only way Peter Pandora will come third is if Kwankwaso step down

Only two people are contesting the election

Peter Obi and Atiku.

Kwankwaso is placeholder and Tilumbu is bedridden.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by mrvitalis(m): 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
Sonyboom765:

Abiola got 40% minimum in every Igbo state even when tofa had an Igbo vice .. abiola even won Anambra ... please can you name the Igbo man that has gotten 10% of any state in a presidential election ...just one
.and Igbos are the ones that are tribalist right ?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Danzysb(m): 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2022
Let's give Peter obi LP a chance.
And please tell me how Igbo's are a threat to the unity of Nigeria.What has other Nigerian politicians ruling at the helm of affairs since after Ironsi been doing to "build bridges" and unite Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by praise010(m): 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Just as I tot. I tot Igbos like those saying the truth or the truth now hurt so much you miserable souls can't handle it anymore.

How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by NothingDoMe: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2022
Who be this one?
Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Sonyboom765: 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2022
Look at the explanation by this fool aboki with their son holding presidential ticket gave a southerner over 50% from their state a fellow southerner because of VP ticket refuse to to vote a philanthropist like MKO and you foolish soul is here to defend that.

Which is ever the candidate of a major political party, small time you fool will say Yoruba should vote Obi that as no single senator talkmore of a governor. Why not get the ticket of PDP n see if Yorubas won't vote you then than laying claim to a failed party that can't achieve anything. You are as shameless as despicable.

mrvitalis:

Abiola got 40% minimum in every Igbo state even when tofa had an Igbo vice .. abiola even won Anambra ... please can you name the Igbo man that has gotten 10% of any state in a presidential election ...just one
.and Igbos are the ones that are tribalist right ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Sonyboom765: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
How far your Igbo papa don see video of Tinubu's arrival

B2B23:

Only two people are contesting the election

Peter Obi and Atiku.

Kwankwaso is placeholder and Tilumbu is bedridden.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi A Red Flag For Nigeria By Soibi Versatile by Foolishbuhari: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
Another garbage

(1) (Reply)

Video: Tinubu Presents Manifesto At Lagos Business And Private Sector Meeting. / Nana Kazaure; Peter Obi Spokesperson / Soludo: I Won’t Succumb To Bullies, Obi Knows He Can’t Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.