Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,952 members, 7,866,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners (11382 Views)

20 Resident Electoral Commissioners Retire In August As Tenure Ends / Four New Electoral Commissioners Sworn Into ENSIEC In Enugu State / Akwa Ibom Elders Reject Plans To Remove Resident Electoral Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by fergie001: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Aiel123:

Hope they would share them randomly so the one from imo state don't end up as imo REC?
Hahahaha.... They don't usually keep them in their States of Origin.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Aiel123: 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2022
fergie001:

Hahahaha.... They don't usually keep them in their States of Origin.
I fear that imo governor...
All those ones that had some tints on their neutrality will be closemarked and watched very well oo( Those one which have petition against their nomination)
Good if there are not kept in their state of origin.
Hey what of Mike Igini,is he an Akwa ibomite?
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by fergie001: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2022
Aiel123:

I fear that imo governor...
All those ones that had some tints on their neutrality will be closemarked and watched very well oo( Those one which have petition against their nomination)
Good if there are not kept in their state of origin.
Hey what of Mike Igini,is he an Akwa ibomite?
Nope.

They can't do more than two tenures. He has done two then retired in August. He is from Delta State.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Aiel123: 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
fergie001:

Nope.

They can't do more than two tenures. He has done two then retired in August. He is from Delta State.
Ok. thanks.
I never knew I share the same state with him.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by odinga1of: 6:34pm On Oct 05, 2022
fergie001:

Not yet, it is under the powers of the INEC Chairman.

He will likely do so ASAP.

Bros I like your analysis and comportment on this faceless forum.

You know your onions politically and intellectually.

Kudos Oga.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by demoBaba: 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
Aiel123:

Do you have the list of states they were posted to?
Pls share if you do. Thanks in advance.

It's not duty of Senate to post them, it's INEC chairman that will post them to states.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Aiel123: 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
demoBaba:

It's not duty of Senate to post them, it's INEC chairman that will post them to states.
Thanks bro.
I had already gotten an answer.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by fergie001: 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2022
Aiel123:

Ok. thanks.
I never knew I share the same state with him.
He was a former SUG President, UNIBEN (Studied Sociology), then later law at UNILAG.

He is from Kokori in Ethiope East LGA.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Aiel123: 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2022
fergie001:

He was a former SUG President, UNIBEN (Studied Sociology), then later law at UNILAG.

He is from Kokori in Ethiope East LGA.
Good for him. The unwavering REC.
Thanks for the infos.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Dikegodspower(m): 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
Please who noticed that the REC of Imo ,Ebonyi and 042 confirmed today by Inec are women?
Hope this is not a calculated plot
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by gloryman91: 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
Prof Raji not renewed.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by luizpippo(m): 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2022
Oracleforce:
name checkers crew... carry your see come and be waiting for their names

As usual a cross border slowpoke like you won't know that this constitutionally accepted that every state must produce a REC just like ministers.

Where you test if an ethnic and religious chartalan is where he not under obligation to do so but he rises above sentiment to just do it
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2022
GardenOfGod:

I hope he will have the balls
tinubu is winning ok... Better campaign and stop complaining... Same INEC conducted elections that Saw APC lose to PDP in Osun lose to PDP in Edo state.. Lost to APGA anambra... But cos una Atiku and overhyped Obi in a small labour party are less favorite to tinubu Ina de doubt INEC credibility
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Oracleforce: 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2022
luizpippo:

As usual a cross border slowpoke like you won't know that this constitutionally accepted that every state must produce a REC just like ministers.

Where you test if an ethnic and religious chartalan is where he not under obligation to do so but he rises above sentiment to just do it

And as one of the zombiedient crew....im not. surprised by your comments... Because it takes a simpleton like you to redirect my comment lopsidedly....if all you can see from. my comment is that you have types, which means you are not only psychological blind but also mentally derail.

Like introduce you to snipper drink...it is for those that have dull or dead brain cells...drink it and thank me later.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by garfield1: 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
fergie001:

They didn't.

Petitions were written against some people;

Queen-Elizabeth Agwu was allegedly suspended as Accountant-General in Ebonyi in 2016.

Pauline Onyeka
(Former INEC-ICT head in Imo State) and is allegedly known for wuruwuru.

Sylvia Agu (younger sister to the APC Deputy National Chair, SE)

Bashir contested for the Sokoto APC Primary in 2015.

There's no how tinubu won't win...cc agboriotejoye, kyase
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:32am On Oct 06, 2022
fergie001:
The Nigerian Senate has today confirmed Nineteen (19) nominees as Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs) for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

This follows the expiration of the tenures of some RECs who were appointed in 2017. Some are ineligible for re-appointment having served two terms whilst others have done a single term.

Their appointment is at the discretion of the President, subject to Senate confirmation.

RENEWAL

FRESH APPOINTMENTS

The Nigerian Senate
How come Buhari always picks a Muslim to represent Taraba? Na wa o
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:57am On Oct 06, 2022
garfield1:

There's no how tinubu won't win...cc
How does this make Tinubu win?
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by garfield1: 9:20am On Oct 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

How does this make Tinubu win?

How do you reason? Apc is placing their men inside inec strategically and you say they won't win? What naivety.you haven't worked for any govt agency to see the level of corruption so I dont blame you
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:11am On Oct 06, 2022
garfield1:

How do you reason? Apc is placing their men inside inec strategically and you say they won't win? What naivety.you haven't worked for any govt agency to see the level of corruption so I dont blame you
So APC is banking on rigging.
Ok o. We'll see how that goes
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by garfield1: 11:21am On Oct 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

So APC is banking on rigging.
Ok o. We'll see how that goes

Not so.even the most freest elections have tints of corruption.corruption has permeated even religious houses.while we hope for a free and fair election,it won't be 100%.was rigging not alleged in us elections? It will always be a factor.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2022
garfield1:

Not so.even the most freest elections have tints of corruption.corruption has permeated even religious houses.while we hope for a free and fair election,it won't be 100%.was rigging not alleged in us elections? It will always be a factor.

Rigging should be minimized. Say less than 10% of votes. So if you're banking on getting 10% votes in an election, good luck to you
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by fergie001: 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

How come Buhari always picks a Muslim to represent Taraba? Na wa o
It is the INEC Chairman that posts them.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
fergie001:
It is the INEC Chairman that posts them.

No. I mean Taraba slot. All the appointments he's made from Taraba are all Muslims. In a state of majority Christians fa. Haba!!
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by fergie001: 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2022
Agboriotejoye:
No. I mean Taraba slot. All the appointments he's made from Taraba are all Muslims. In a state of majority Christians fa. Haba!!

Hahaha, there are the ones he is seeing nah grin
He wants to empower them nah.
Re: Senate Confirms The Nomination Of 19 Resident Electoral Commissioners by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2022
fergie001:

Hahaha, there are the ones he is seeing nah grin
He wants to empower them nah.

Exactly!! Why have those useless govs not told him that Christians are the majority in Taraba and he should pick Christians from the state if the Muslim Muslim ticket is simply a game of numbers?

They deceive no one. It is an agenda of domination. Any Christian that falls for it will regret 20 years down the line.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPCL Now Sells Petrol At N194/litre As Scarcity Bites Harder / Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? / Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.