Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President (11366 Views)

Kachikwu Unseated As OPEC President After 2 Days / Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke / Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by 1MCN: 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
The minister of Petroluem in Nigeria, Mrs Deziani Allison-Madueke has been elected an Alternate President of the Organization of Petroluem Exporting Countries OPEC. Leaders of the two main oil and gas unions in Nigeria, NUPENG and PENGSSAN have hailed the development, describing it a good omen for the nation's economy. They were happy that her position will increase the voting right of Nigeria at the OPEC.

Sourced from Raypower fm

4 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Onlytruth(m): 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
Is Nigeria still a member of OPEC?
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Cabme(m): 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
Noted
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by wesley80(m): 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mennn, this is bad news o! Someone in GEJ's govt just made progress and APC's e-rats wont be liking it. How are some folks going to sleep this night considering how they hate this woman? I'm thinking a lot of folks will be gulping down sachets of valium5 just to get bye too bad when they wake up her face will be all over the dailies too, Oh dear!

37 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by MajeMedia: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
Forbes person of the year - Agriculture
IMF second runner up for IMF Presidency - Finance
Central Banker Manager of the Year (world wide) - Central Bank
Alternate President of OPEC - Petroleum

i'm smiling

16 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Tolexander: 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2013
wesley80: Mennn, this is bad news o! Someone in GEJ's govt just made progress and APC's e-rats wont be liking it. How are some folks going to sleep this night considering how they hate this woman? I'm thinking a lot of folks will be gulping down sachets of valium5 just to get bye too bad when they wake up her face will be all over the dailies too, Oh dear!
will it increase the amount of crude oil produced per day in nigeria or decrease the pump price?

Congrats woman!

6 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
MajeMedia: Forbes person of the year - Agriculture

i'm smiling

Outlined in this way, it does come across as very impressive indeed, especially coming from just one single administration in one country, out of over 200 countries on earth.

5 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by 1MCN: 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
wesley80: Mennn, this is bad news o! Someone in GEJ's govt just made progress and APC's e-rats wont be liking it. How are some folks going to sleep this night considering how they hate this woman?
Love Dieziani or hate her, she's one of the best things that have happened to the Nigerian oil and gas industry, and by extension, the Nigerian economy. I've learned not to listen too much to a loud mouth and a faster talker. The noise some oil thieves made since early last year up to this moment were only meant to demonize a woman who sacrifices her many night sleeps and the laughter in a family dinner just to exorcise the nation of the greed of a few. I followed the debates and consultations building up to the removal of oil subsidy, and one thing was common almost every participant. They all agreed that oil subsidy was killing the poor and enriching a few rich. But the problem was, how would it go? Those who sponsored the protest and those mal-informed youths who participated in it claimed they were fighting for the poor and I wonder how they've not closed down Nigeria because of the high cost of Kerosine (a commodity used by the real poor). Even the govs who endorsed the subsidy removal could not face the heat when it came. But this brave lioness stood!

3 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by 1MCN: 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tolexander: will it increase the amount of crude oil produced per day in nigeria or decrease the pump price?

Congrats woman!
I've learned from experience that when a human being is desperate for a thing they can become either so aggressive or so humble but as soon as they get what they want and the pain of the want wanes they seem to forget too soon. Ember months used to be the period that records the highest cases of domestic fire incidents in this country. That used to be due to people buying and storing petrol around their homes for use during the yuletide festivities as the commodity was harder than a goldmine. Today is Dec. 9th no rumour of impending fuel scarcity (artificial or real) and you walk or drive into a filling station and you collect what you want without any stress whatsoever. In fact, most of the stations are running promos this Christmas season. I tell you solemnly, Nigeria may never have an administration like this again in its history if it doesn't take time.

8 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Ngwakwe: 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2013
That's the inconsiderable state the middle class relegates the afflicted and helpless poor to.

When I was Union leader incharge of negotiating Salary increase for workers under my jurisdiction, I decided to negotiate on same pro rata instead of percentage increase. It took the rampage of Junior staff to survive the hard criticism on Union Leaders.

It's just pathetic

1MCN: Those who sponsored the protest and those mal-informed youths who participated in it claimed they were fighting for the poor and I wonder how they've not closed down Nigeria because of the high cost of Kerosine (a commodity used by the real poor). Even the govs who endorsed the subsidy removal could not face the heat when it came. But this brave lioness stood!

2 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by wesley80(m): 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tolexander: will it increase the amount of crude oil produced per day in nigeria or decrease the pump price?

Congrats woman!
It probably wont but one thing it's sure to increase is the blood pressure of some e-rats we can do without.

1 Like

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by MidasT(m): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
Kudos to the GEJ administration. No man can deny solid proof of performance. Though a strong supporter of The GEJ administration, the criticism the president is attracting is due to his romance with corruption. I dont see any reason why Stella Oduah should still be a minister after she stepped out of line and purchased those bullet proof cars. If she cannot honourably resign, then she should be fired honourably. Though she is performing, no body is indispensible. Mr. President, take a tough stand on corruption. The pix is for APC

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by adino(m): 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Rat poison Alert! Rat poison Alert! Rat poison Alert!
This post just brought about acute shortage of rat poison, as notable e-rats, e-rodents and e-nematode have gone on AWOL.

8 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
adino: Rat poison Alert! Rat poison Alert! Rat poison Alert!
This post just brought about acute shortage of rat poison, as notable e-rats, e-rodents and e-nematode have gone on AWOL.

Hilarious.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by 1MCN: 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
MidasT: Kudos to the GEJ administration. No man can deny solid proof of performance. Though a strong supporter of The GEJ administration, the criticism the president is attracting is due to his romance with corruption. I dont see any reason why Stella Oduah should still be a minister after she stepped out of line and purchased those bullet proof cars. If she cannot honourably resign, then she should be fired honourably. Though she is performing, no body is indispensible. Mr. President, take a tough stand on corruption. The pix is for APC
It goes without saying that Jonathan's administration is favoured with well over 80% of very high performing members. Most of the ministers and Directors seem to be holding their track tight.
Talking about Stella that you just brought up, I think she's not sacked for a few reason among others:
1) There's no prove that she "forced" the NCAA to buy those cars as alleged;
2) The siad cars were contained in the budgett as evidence from the documents we've seen. It's not my fault that the HoR didn't see where it was squeezed in after it had early been rejected. But the report had said it wasn't captured in the budget of the agency for 2013:
3) The report had alleged that the cars were bought for her whereas the cars were registered in the name of the agency. Amaechi sold the Rivers state gov't jet to the gov't of Cross River and bought a private jet. And refued to register it in the name of RSG (today he's enjoying e-applause on NL--not that this justifies corruption if Stella was complicit);
4) The political side of this whole saga. If she's sacked then the noisy and noosy opposition and their whistle-blower have won. This, too, isn't a good reason to retain a corrupt official. But it does appear that our Yoruba bothers took that case too personal and frontal.
Enough of Stella. We're talking about Dieziani, the second best thing that has happened to the oil sector since after the discovery of palm kernel oil...lol

3 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
Haters please find the nearest transformer

Jonathan till 2019....

3 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by 1MCN: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2013

i'm smiling
The Nigeria Finance minister came 2nd in the IMF election and therefore she's the 1st runner-up and not 2nd runner-up. Thanks.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by takedat(m): 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by takedat(m): 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2013
1MCN: The minister of Petroluem in Nigeria, Mrs Deziani Allison-Madueke has been elected an Alternate President of the Organization of Petroluem Exporting Countries OPEC. Leaders of the two main oil and gas unions in Nigeria, NUPENG and PENGSSAN have hailed the development, describing it a good omen for the nation's economy. They were happy that her position will increase the voting right of Nigeria at the OPEC.

Sourced from Raypower fm

Congrats to DAM and Nigeria. This slot belongs to Nigeria and not the minister. If GEJ reshuffles his cabinet and appoint a new minister of petroleum, the new minister automatically becomes the Alternate President.

She cannot use her position to increase Nigeria's voting right, and she does not have a vote in her individual capacity as the President. The 'Conference' which is the supreme authority and consists of delegations headed by Petroleum Ministers operate on a principle of 'Unanimity and One Member State, One Vote. Nigeria is also not one of the founding members, so we do not have 'Concurring Vote' when the organization wants to admit a new member.

This isn't our first time also, Nigeria/Rilwan Lukman served as OPEC President for 8 consecutive terms(from 1986-1994), before he was elected as OPEC's Secretary General. All Member States have all had their turns as President of OPEC(election is just mere formality).

8 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Tolexander: 11:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
1MCN:
I've learned from experience that when a human being is desperate for a thing they can become either so aggressive or so humble but as soon as they get what they want and the pain of the want wanes they seem to forget too soon. Ember months used to be the period that records the highest cases of domestic fire incidents in this country. That used to be due to people buying and storing petrol around their homes for use during the yuletide festivities as the commodity was harder than a goldmine. Today is Dec. 9th no rumour of impending fuel scarcity (artificial or real) and you walk or drive into a filling station and you collect what you want without any stress whatsoever. In fact, most of the stations are running promos this Christmas season. I tell you solemnly, Nigeria may never have an administration like this again in its history if it doesn't take time.
bro, this epistle is needless!

1 Like

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Tolexander: 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2013

i'm smiling
you've forgotten the award given to Stella Oduah in London!
gringringrin
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by tomakint: 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
This is the kind of good news I like to read, kudos and a big congratulation to Diezani for a well deserved honour! Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, may you live long as your administration keep putting us on world map for good, you are working, haters are dying grin grin what more can we wish for!
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by 1MCN: 8:03am On Dec 10, 2013
take dat:

Congrats to DAM and Nigeria. This slot belongs to Nigeria and not the minister. If GEJ reshuffles his cabinet and appoint a new minister of petroleum, the new minister automatically becomes the Alternate President.

She cannot use her position to increase Nigeria's voting right, and she does not have a vote in her individual capacity as the President. The 'Conference' which is the supreme authority and consists of delegations headed by Petroleum Ministers operate on a principle of 'Unanimity and One Member State, One Vote. Nigeria is also not one of the founding members, so we do not have 'Concurring Vote' when the organization wants to admit a new member.

This isn't our first time also, Nigeria/Rilwan Lukman served as OPEC President for 8 consecutive terms(from 1986-1994), before he was elected as OPEC's Secretary General. All Member States have all had their turns as President of OPEC(election is just mere formality).

What more can I say but thank you for this very erudite exposee. Thank you.
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 10, 2013
take dat:

We cannot be deceived by your subtle attempt to reduce the significance of this development. Fact is, Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke, has become the FIRST woman to be appointed President in the history of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). Read more below.

Sincere 9gerian:

** Allison-Madueke is first female OPEC President

Monday, 09 December 2013 00:18

SOPURUCHI ONWUKA

Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke, has raised the Nigerian flag higher in the international arena, having become the first woman to be appointed President in the history of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

Mrs. Diezani Allison-Madueke, who was appointed OPEC’s Alternate President for 2014 at the group’s meeting in Vienna, Austria is expected to become the next President of the group by 2015 when the substantive president is billed to step down.

The appointment of Mrs. Allison-Madueke as alternate president of the group was one of the key decisions of the group’s 164th meeting, changing the face of the exporters’ group which is dominated by Islamic countries.
Mrs. Allison-Madueke started altering stereotype in OPEC when she also became the first female minister to lead a country delegation to the group’s general meeting. She has also remained dominant in the group’s decisions and positions on global oil market supply.

http://championonlinenews.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=15324:allison-madueke-is-first-female-opec-president&Itemid=392&lang=en

7 Likes

Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Dre19: 9:39am On Dec 10, 2013
presidential slut
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by onihaxy: 9:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Ok
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Italiano1: 9:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by 9jagirl4re(f): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2013
Well done the first women ever grin
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 10, 2013

i'm smiling

Students dey house but wetin concern us?
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by LajaLaba: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2013

i'm smiling
Stop misleading people.....
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2013
Naija a country where the poor gets poorer and the rich gets richer go help Minister for petroleum and now opec alternate president
Re: Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President by Dreyl(m): 9:46am On Dec 10, 2013
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oronsaye Report: Reduce The Size Of Your Cabinet Too, Adegboruwa Tells Tinubu / Jagaban Returns To Lagos Empty-handed / Buhari Nominates Muazu Jaji Sambo As Minister From Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.