Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Does Fgm Still Exist In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Fgm Still Exist In Nigeria? (650 Views)

Good People Still Exist,checkout Dis Resturant Owner's Note / Photo: Can This Kind Of Relationship Exist Again In This World? / Does The LOVE For The Neighbor Still Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Fgm Still Exist In Nigeria? by rhamzus(m): 10:58am On Aug 16, 2011
was going tru dis online where two ladies r victims of FGM: Female genital Mutilation.

Charity, now 22, was 11 years old when they took her and her twin sister Chike, laid them down side by side and cut their outer Cores away. Chike bled to death as she lay beside her sister. It took two hours for Chike to die. I see the grief and pain in Charity's eyes as she tells me this. Charity is Ebu, from the Edu state in Nigeria. She says that her mother also went to the police when this happened and that they "chased her away"

Aftr reading d artcle i wept even as a guy. Is this still goin in d 21st Century in my country? Who protects this ladies, what right do so called family ritual carry out such act?
bleep tradition.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/anger-gives-courage-to-tell-terrible-fgm-truth-1706437.html

(1) (Reply)

How To Flourish Part 1 / Mcdonald Employee Beats Two Girls’ Customers With A Metal Rod / Court Jails Monarch For Marrying Subject’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.