Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. (4016 Views)

5 Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria University. / Top 10 Hardest Courses In Nigeria Institutions / See The Hardest Courses To Study In Universities - All Courses Are Not Equal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Morningblues: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2022
Some courses are very hard but they are not so popular…forget medicine,Law,engineering and biochemistry.. There are some hard courses that are almost same or even harder than those aforementioned courses
They include the following
1. Geology (very hard course)
2. Geography and environmental management (you will draw maps,design plans, calculate weather,study landform….you will cry blood)
3.Architecture is very difficult..I respect those guys there
4. Economic statistic (it sound easy but once you start studying it..you will regret)
5. Quantity survey (calculate and topography)
6. Urban and regional planning very tedious course. Drawing design you might spend weeks/month to complete
7.psychology studying the human mind is not easy
8 Radiography is also difficult sha
9. Building is also stressful
10 philosophy is also hard

Those are underrated course that are not popular but they are very difficult to study.

I’m not saying they are the hardest oh..I’m saying they are underrated but hard

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Gipre(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2022
I can't agree with you more.

I graduated with a B.Sc in Geography and Planning (2016), University of Lagos.

Before I entered, I thought Geography was just like SS1 and SS2 work but my eyes cleared when I entered and met monster courses like Climatology, Meteorology (these two are purely calculations with a mixture of Physics), Geology, Remote Sensing And Geographic Information System (GIS).

When I entered Year 3, I got tired and almost dropped out due to the nature of the course.

I just thank God I finished with a 2.2 at the end.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Ojycelarma: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gipre:

Before I entered, I thought Geography was just like SS1 and SS2 work but my eyes cleared when I entered and met monster courses like Climatology, Meteorology (these two are purely calculations with a mixture of Physics), Geology, Remote Sensing And Geographic Information System (GIS).

When I entered Year 3, I got tired and almost dropped out due to the nature of the course.

Reason mentorship matters, get a mentor in that field

6 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Morningblues: 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2022
Gipre:

most people don’t know this…it very hard
Calculation and drawing you will run.very hard course… secondary school geography is even easier.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Morningblues: 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
Ojycelarma:

Reason mentorship matters, get a mentor in that field

Someone to mentor? Some things are just difficult sha
Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by HolyMan12: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2022
Morningblues:
Some courses are very hard but they are not so popular…forget medicine,Law,engineering and biochemistry.. There are some hard courses that are almost same or even harder than those aforementioned courses
2. Geography and environmental management (you will draw maps,design plans, calculate weather,study landform….you will cry blood)
4. Economic statistic (it sound easy but once you start studying it..you will regret)
6. Urban and regional planning very tedious course. Drawing design you might spend weeks/month to complete

Those are underrated course that are not popular but they are very difficult to study.

Soil Science

4 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Aareakinwunmi(m): 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
Biochemistry and Chemistry in Oau

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by melonsgroup: 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2022
Soil science

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Simpleshafee(m): 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2022
Operation Research. That course sounds easy until you start it. FUTY

4 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by akwesenana: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
Architorture no.1

Right from the first day I stepped into my studio, I knew I was in for a long thing.

So sad I couldn't complete it tough. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by mollymotion(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
Geography (spatial)

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by seanwilliam(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2022
English and literature/literary studies.

I never heard of any one having first class in that

11 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Kingzeez10: 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by BlessedOne01: 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
The Op is on point!

It's NO joke studying these aforementioned courses because some of these courses have Engineering woven into them, like Geology!

Applied Geology for FUTA show men shege that year!

Overall, Gratitude To GOD Forever for HIS Immeasurable Grace!!

14 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Slayar: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2022
This is true,you're right with the list. Also add Vet medicine ,tougher than the main medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2022
Philosophy and Political Science should be withdrawn henceforth. They have outlived their relevance. No one should seek admission in such places.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Presidential1: 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
HolyMan12:

Soil Science

You see that soil science... Omo na wetin I study.. that course hard no be small... Soil physics, soil chemistry
Soil survey

Omo make I just mention small.. go come take samples go lab .. Omo

5 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Presidential1: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
Slayar:
This is true,you're right with the list. Also add Vet medicine ,tougher than the main medicine.

Lol vet medicine.. animal medicine

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by favour32(m): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2022
Nigeria mess everything up...

1 Like

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by KristaPretty(f): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2022
Did 2 and really enjoyed it actually.

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by jackie111(m): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2022
No 10 crippled my gp when I was in uni.
Morningblues:

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by gulfer: 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
akwesenana:
Architorture no.1

Right from the first day I stepped into my studio, I knew I was in for a long thing.

So sad I couldn't complete it tough. undecided
People underate the stress in studying architecture, no be small thing, lost interest at some point but just managed to complete the course.....some mad calculations in structures and mechanics...I hate calculations angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by thomwell: 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2022
No course s really difficult in actual sense, only problem is that Nigeria Educational system is happening to you. Most if these courses listed above are practical courses that you are suppose to relate with physically but you will be left with imagination and cramming... So na naija Edu system dey do you somthing.

6 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Saintdan0421(m): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
If Geology wasn't topping that list.
I WOULD HAVE PUNISHED THE OP AND NAIRALANDER 'S MODS BY:

VOTING TINUBU.

3 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by akwesenana: 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2022
gulfer:
People underage the stress in studying architecture, no be small thing, lost interest at some point but just managed to complete the course.....some mad calculations in structures and mechanics...I hate calculations angry angry angry
You no talk jury.
Imagine say Mr. Essien for uniuyo na im dey supervise you for jury, just pray for C.
And na 4 credit course oo!

1 Like

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by Morningblues: 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2022
KristaPretty:
Did 2 and really enjoyed it actually.

Oh you enjoyed geography and planning…that course is hard!! Too much calculation and drawing. You’re strong

3 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by shogotermies(m): 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2022
Morningblues:

Where's chemistry in your list?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by BigDawsNet: 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2022
Computer science no be beans

2 Likes

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by parkervero(m): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Computer science no be beans

100%
Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by skondo09(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
Textile science esp in ABU..Zaria..
Almost unknown course but very hard

1 Like

Re: Underrated Hardest Courses In Nigeria University. by skondo09(m): 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
shogotermies:

Where's chemistry in your list?

It may be hard but popular.. nobody underates chemistry, even from 0 level..
Op said'underated'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honeypot Ants: The World’s Only Honey-producing Ants (Photos) / Yabatech Change Of Course Form! For 2011/2012 / Nigeria University Students Get Help Now With That Project/research Topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.