Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals (2278 Views)

Passport Front Offices To Open Across UK By February 2024 – Interior Minister / LASG To Deploy Smart LED Lighting Across The State / Lighting Kills 8 Cows In Ikare-Akoko, Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 11:16am On Oct 06, 2022
Remember the slogan "wear a mask, save lives"?
Then came the fines, and then, all of a sudden, imprisonment?
Energy and the climate will be the focus of the new virtue signal.
Doing your bit to stick to Putin - Turn off the lights, Pay the high cost for energy

Pubs across UK start lighting candles in response to rising energy costs
You may have heard that energy bills are soaring, which is going to make the months ahead tough for many of us.
And in a bid to keep the lights on, many pubs across the UK are turning the lights off all together.

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 11:23am On Oct 06, 2022
They are trying to reduce cost. Same as me always turning lights off when I leave a room.

No point wasting one's hard earned money see.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 11:59am On Oct 06, 2022
...Until it's mandated
Do you want to bet this is where it's heading?
''I'm wearing a mask, why won't you wear one? Are you better than everybody?'' No mask, No entry...Territory!

budaatum:
They are trying to reduce cost. Same as me always turning lights off when I leave a room.

No point wasting one's hard earned money see.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
...Until it's mandated
Do you want to bet this is where it's heading?
''I'm wearing a mask, why won't you wear one? Are you better than everybody?'' No mask, No entry...Territory!

Mandated in my house? Now that would be funny.

I think you fail to realise that it is not that there is no electricity just that it is rather expensive. If you get money you buy light, but if you no get money you buy candles.

UK can not mandate that you use candle. There are many who need electricity just to stay alive, and depriving them of it would kill them.

I shall make a note of this thread. When dem comot light in SE145DP, I will inform you here.

1 Like

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Wow shocked
Anyways, remember ''2 weeks to flatten the curve''? #covid
Well, that term is back
By the way, people will be mandated in their own homes and if they don't comply, it attracts fees and possible imprisonment

budaatum:

I think you fail to realise that it is not that there is no electricity just that it is rather expensive. If you get money you buy light, but if you no get money you buy candles.

UK can not mandate that you use candle. There are many who need electricity just to stay alive, and depriving them of it would kill them.

I shall make a note of this thread. When dem comot light in SE145DP, I will inform you here.

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
Wow shocked
Anyways, remember ''2 weeks to flatten the curve''? #covid
Well, that term is back
By the way, people will be mandated in their own homes and if they don't comply, it attracts fees and possible imprisonment

UK is not in Europe last time I checked. And neither does UK rely on gas or electricity from Russia like EU does. And those in UK knew whatever Covid-19 curve anyone wanted to flatten would take way more than 2 weeks.

I must laugh at your "people will be mandated in their own homes and if they don't comply, it attracts fees and possible imprisonment" lol. UK people will first laugh at any such mandate, and just as a matter of principle, put the lights on and call police on themselves. When your UK prisons are full I guess they can send some put on the light criminals to prisons in Naija since they would not have enough space in UK prisons.

In UK, electricity, and water, are fundamental human rights, is what you don't seem to understand.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
Did you take a sabbatical during covid? The UK locked down hard. Covid was ignored only because Russia invaded Ukraine early this year!
People seem to be ''memory-holing'' trauma here shocked
There was no such thing as ''human rights'' during the ''national public health emergency declaration'' anywhere in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world. It's the same power required by a military junta to rule a nation. Democracy was overthrown. Parliaments were shut down after Boris Johnson got the emergency powers voted by the Tories.
''Climate crisis'' emergency will take on the same character

budaatum:

UK is not in Europe last time I checked. And neither does UK rely on gas or electricity from Russia like EU does. And those in UK knew whatever Covid-19 curve anyone wanted to flatten would take way more than 2 weeks.

I must laugh at your "people will be mandated in their own homes and if they don't comply, it attracts fees and possible imprisonment" lol. UK people will first laugh at any such mandate, and just as a matter of principle, put the lights on and call police on themselves. When your UK prisons are full I guess they can send some put on the light criminals to prisons in Naija since they would not have enough space in UK prisons.

In UK, electricity, and water, are fundamental human rights, is what you don't seem to understand.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
Did you take a sabbatical during covid? The UK locked down hard. Covid was ignored only because Russia invaded Ukraine early this year!

No, I did not take leave during covid. My services were required so I was paid extra to work from the comfort of my home. And if I were a greedy bugger who cared not about my neighbours, I'd have prayed the UK lockdown never ended so I could continue to earn the extra 25% I was being paid to work from the comfort of my home.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2022
Well, good on you
Most people along with the covid sham because it was convenient. You'll have a change of tune when the same clowns roll into town with a ''climate crisis'' if you don't get paid
Some people had their businesses shut down, and they don't know where to start. They're probably your neighbors too.

budaatum:

No, I did not take leave during covid. My services were required so I was paid extra to work from the comfort of my home. And if I were a greedy bugger who cared not about my neighbours, I'd have prayed the UK lockdown never ended so I could continue to earn the extra 25% I was being paid to work from the comfort of my home.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
Well, good on you
Most people along with the covid sham because it was convenient. You'll have a change of tune when the same clowns roll into town with a ''climate crisis'' if you don't get paid
Some people had their businesses shut down, and they don't know where to start. They're probably your neighbors too.

That, I'm afraid is life. All lizards might be doing lakanlaka but you never know which has stomach ache. Thankfully, the government gave lots of assistance to businesses. Witnessing some of my neighbours catch covid and some die is enough to convince me Covid is not a sham. I have two neighbours who thought it was a sham and refused to be immunised and both are now dead, so not "probably", but most certainly.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
I caught covid, it was just Fever.
Covid hasn't gone anywhere, just the measures the govt implemented are now being scrapped. Now, that they have downgraded covid to the level of the common cold, what then? Nobody can scare me into going along with a scam by trying to scare me with potential death or death itself. They were testing if people will go along and not insist on bodily autonomy. I refused to be injected against my wish.

Now that ''Sudden Adult Death Syndrome'' has become the byproduct of injecting people with mRNA vaxx? Who bears the responsibility?
Govts were picking and choosing winners and losers. ''essentials and non-essentials''
Covid was just a test run for ''ESG''
You'd have to go along with all the climate bullsh1t or you won't be able to live in the society they are trying to design.

budaatum:

That, I'm afraid is life. All lizards might be doing lakanlaka but you never know which has stomach ache. Thankfully, the government gave lots of assistance to businesses. Witnessing some of my neighbours catch covid and some die is enough to convince me Covid is not a sham. I have two neighbours who thought it was a sham and refused to be immunised and both are now dead, so not "probably", but most certainly.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
I caught covid, it was just Fever. I refused to be injected against my wish.
Covid hasn't gone anywhere, just the measures the govt implemented are now being scrapped. Now, that they have downgraded covid to the level of the common cold, what then? Nobody can scare me into going along with a scam by trying to scare me with potential death or death itself. They were testing if people will go along and not insist on bodily autonomy.
Now that ''Sudden Adult Death Syndrome'' has become the byproduct of injecting people with mRNA vaxx? Who bears the responsibility?
Govts were picking and choosing winners and losers. ''essentials and non-essentials''
Covid was just a test run for ''ESG''
You'd have to go along with all the climate bullsh1t or you won't be able to live in the society they are trying to design.

Well, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just stating my observations. But regarding your ''Sudden Adult Death Syndrome'' has become the byproduct of injecting people with mRNA vaxx", perhaps provide credible evidence for your claim, or one would assume your claim is as invalid as your claim for climate change and Covid-19.

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2022
You come across as intelligent. You make your own decision.
Here's what you should be paying close attention to If anyone dies suddenly [young or old], put parenthesis around ''suddenly''.
Find out if they were vaccinated with the mRNA vaxx.

budaatum:

Well, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just stating my observations. But regarding your ''Sudden Adult Death Syndrome'' has become the byproduct of injecting people with mRNA vaxx", perhaps provide credible evidence for your claim, or one would assume your claim is as invalid as your claim for climate change and Covid-19.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
You come across as intelligent. You make your own decision.
Here's what you should be paying close attention to If anyone dies suddenly [young or old], put parenthesis around ''suddenly''.
Find out if they were vaccinated with the mRNA vaxx.

The evidence is out there, so one does need to make up alternative facts and believe them.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween1januaryand31december2021

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
The evidence isn't ''out there''
You're posting data from 2021
The govt has decided it's not worth having it out there because of the reaction of the populace. You can't abuse statistics; it was hurting the government, and the decision was influenced by legal concerns.
If the unvaxxed were dying in record numbers, do you think the govt would stop keeping records of the death toll?
Search for death toll based on vaccination status

budaatum:

The evidence is out there, so one does need to make up alternative facts and believe them.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsinvolvingcovid19byvaccinationstatusengland/deathsoccurringbetween1januaryand31december2021

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2022
''ZERO COVID'' Guards armed with MACHINE GUNS trap families inside an airport for immediate lockdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sTa2lI2W5c

budaatum:

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
''ZERO COVID'' Guards armed with MACHINE GUNS trap families inside an airport for immediate lockdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sTa2lI2W5c

That's in China where they are not playing about with the consequences of Covid-19. They obviously know how devastating it could be if they don't fight it with all they got.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
If you're afraid of covid, why don't you move to China? Govts in the West are scrapping covid measures, but covid is still here, isn't?
RE: Search for death toll based on vaccination status
Covid was the perfect excuse to introduce a tyrannical govt

budaatum:

That's in China where they are not playing about with the consequences of Covid-19. They obviously know how devastating it could be if they don't fight it with all they got.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
The evidence isn't ''out there''
You're posting data from 2021
The govt has decided it's not worth having it out there because of the reaction of the populace. You can't abuse statistics; it was hurting the government, and the decision was influenced by legal concerns.
If the unvaxxed were dying in record numbers, do you think the govt would stop keeping records of the death toll?
Search for death toll based on vaccination status

You are very free to believe whatever you want to believe. I have had 2 Covid-19 vaccine jabs and would soon be going for my third along with the flu jab, and I am obviously not dead yet.

It's a choice you see, and no one will arrest me if I have no jabs at all, though it would be considerate of me to consider those I put at risk due to my irresponsibility and obstinacy at allowing myself to be fooled by alternative facts that have no bearing on the available evidence which shows deaths have significantly reduced amongst those who are immunised.

Here is some information that might better inform you.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2022
Here is some more information explaining the data much better.

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
I've never had a problem with people who choose to inject foreign substances into their bodies intravenously or otherwise.
Away with the lie that I have to allow myself to be injected in order to protect you.
You'll believe anything if you believe that.

budaatum:

You are very free to believe whatever you want to believe. I have had 2 Covid-19 vaccine jabs and would soon be going for my third along with the flu jab, and I am obviously not dead yet.

It's a choice you see, and no one will arrest me if I have no jabs at all, though it would be considerate of me to consider those I put at risk due to my irresponsibility and obstinacy at allowing myself to be fooled by alternative facts that have no bearing on the available evidence which shows deaths have significantly reduced amongst those who are immunised.

Here is some information that might better inform you.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by Blue3k(m): 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2022
I would consider this virtue signaling just cost cutting measure. Lol The UK did this to themselves because they hate fracking, Nuclear energy and went full retard on green energy agenda.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:

If you're afraid of covid, why don't you move to China? Govts in the West are scrapping covid measures, but covid is still here, isn't?
RE: Search for death toll based on vaccination status
Covid was the perfect excuse to introduce a tyrannical govt
Can you see how I am providing you with data instead of asking you to go search for it? Perhaps do likewise if your claim has any validity.

Why should I move to China when I'm very happy where I am? And who told you I'm afraid of COVID?

There is no tyrannical government where I am, and we the people would not put up with a government that tries to be tyrannical with us.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
I've never had a problem with people who choose to inject foreign substances into their bodies intravenously or otherwise.
Away with the lie that I have to allow myself to be injected in order to protect you.
You'll believe anything if you believe that.

You do not have to inject yourself with anything to protect me because I have taken measures to protect myself against you.

As for injecting yourself with foreign bodies, I'm certain you injected yourself with foreign bodies to protect yourself from polio, or I at least hope you have. And I'm certain if, God forbid, you fall ill and need blood or a kidney, you would gladly allow foreign blood and kidney to be injected into you.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
Oh, the irony! You did everything the govt mandated. You are on the good side of a tyrannical govt.
Ask those who lost jobs for refusing to take the jab, those who were denied right to visit loved ones on their dying bed, those who were locked up for refusing to wear a mask ect if they think their govts are tyrannical
Governments have made it a point not to release data because it is too damaging.

budaatum:

Can you see how I am providing you with data instead of asking you to go search for it? Perhaps do likewise if your claim has any validity.

Why should I move to China when I'm very happy where I am? And who told you I'm afraid of COVID?

There is no tyrannical government where I am, and we the people would not put up with a government that tries to be tyrannical with us.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2022
Here's what I'd like you to return to this link and comment on: People who have been vaccinated will face discrimination in the near future. Either through blood transfusions or kidney donations and even marriage
PURE BLOOD

budaatum:

You do not have to inject yourself with anything to protect me because I have taken measures to protect myself against you.

As for injecting yourself with foreign bodies, I'm certain you injected yourself with foreign bodies to protect yourself from polio, or I at least hope you have. And I'm certain if, God forbid, you fall ill and need blood or a kidney, you would gladly allow foreign blood and kidney to be injected into you.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2022
bn365:
Oh, the irony! You did everything the govt mandated. You are on the good side of a tyrannical govt.
Ask those who lost jobs for refusing to take the jab, those who were denied right to visit loved ones on their dying bed, those who were locked up for refusing to wear a mask ect if they think their govts are tyrannical
Governments have made it a point not to release data because it is too damaging.

UK releases data every day, as does US. And there's nothing wrong in following government mandates if it is helpful for society for one to do so. I am personally glad with the restrictions placed on those too selfish to follow government mandates, as not doing so would be like not getting the polio jab in Nigeria and putting oneself and others at risk.

As for your being "on the good side of a tyrannical govt", well, I'd rather be on the good side of the British government, tyrannical or not, which it clearly isn't going by how we removed Boris, than on the side of a Nigerian government that does not give a damn about its people.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/united-states

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2022
Do make sure you follow UK's COVID Enquiry. It would reveal what you think is hidden
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by NothingDoMe: 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2022
Nawao. And this nor be Nigeria oh. shocked
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by grandstar(m): 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
Blue3k:
I would consider this virtue signaling just cost cutting measure. Lol The UK did this to themselves because they hate fracking, Nuclear energy and went full retard on green energy agenda.

Governments aren't sincere in their fight against global warming.

Nuclear power which emits zero carbons is largely shunned and instead as as you so rightly pointed out, gone overboard with wind and solar power. The last duo are heavily reliant on subsidies and aren't cost effective. Frankly, I just feel they are used to convince the masses that some effort is being made.

The war against climate change can't be won. To many cooks spoil the broth makes any real and significant progress unachievable. Democracy, interest groups and the masses make any real progress in developed country frustrating. Germany shut down most of it's nuclear plants due to protests following the Fukushima power plant disaster following the earthquake in Japan in 2010. Out of the initial 17 nuclear plants, only 6 or so are functioning today.

Do Germans not know there are no earthquakes in Germany? It was the Green party and environmentalists who had fought for an end to atomic energy that won this 'victory'. It's such cross purposes that makes the war against climate change totally unwinnable.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by a4cube: 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

The guy is not saying their is no light. He is simply mocking the UK and EU over their hardline stand with Russia while their various countries try to manage the out come. What happened to health and safety where people are consuming alcohol in the dark? Will the cctv be able to record in darkness or they will switch it off as well? The smoke coming from the candles isn't healthy as well. From you post code you are a neighbour, did you hear of the three months power cut this winter on the news today.? Things are changing man.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Tinubu Licks Microphone Like Lollipop; Remi Embarassed / How Adeyeye, Fayemi’s Utterances Against Tinubu Cost Them Ministerial Position / Reno Omokri: Can Air Peace Survive Emirates Return To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.