Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals (2279 Views)

Passport Front Offices To Open Across UK By February 2024 – Interior Minister / LASG To Deploy Smart LED Lighting Across The State / Lighting Kills 8 Cows In Ikare-Akoko, Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
a4cube:
The guy is not saying their is no light. He is simply mocking the UK and EU over their hardline stand with Russia while their various countries try to manage the out come. What happened to health and safety where people are consuming alcohol in the dark? Will the cctv be able to record in darkness or they will switch it off as well? The smoke coming from the candles isn't healthy as well. From you post code you are a neighbour, did you hear of the three months power cut this winter on the news today.? Things are changing man.

First, there is no CCTV in pubs. And no, I did not hear of any 3 month power cut in UK, so you'd need to provide evidence please.

UK spent quite a lot of resource fighting Germany when it tried to occupy the whole of Europe, so most know we'd put up with a little inconvenience to thwart the new Hitler called Putin.

We are very selfless like that, and we learn history so we never ever forget.

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by Jakumo(m): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2022
The absolute worst place to decorate the room with lit candles would be anywhere people get drunk and clumsy. If this idiotic fad of displaying lit candles continues to draw more lemmings among the UK's pub and bar operators, it is only a matter of time before some bumbling drunk person knocks a lit candle into the curtains which then ignites a conflagration that burns down the establishment and reduces it to a smoking ruin.

Such avoidable fire outbreaks will probably need to occur at multiple locations over time before common sense once again prevails and laws are passed forbidding the use of lit candles in places frequented by uncoordinated stumbling drunks given to plumbing the depths of human idiocy as the mood takes them

On a related note, drunks are the scum of the earth, and ought to be rounded up and towed out to sea as a social service to humanity.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
a4cube, see the UK you say had 3 month power cut warning about a mere 3 hour power cut like the world would end.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/oct/06/national-grid-warns-households-could-face-three-hour-power-cuts-this-winter

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
I got banned yesterday

budaatum:

UK releases data every day, as does US. And there's nothing wrong in following government mandates if it is helpful for society for one to do so. I am personally glad with the restrictions placed on those too selfish to follow government mandates, as not doing so would be like not getting the polio jab in Nigeria and putting oneself and others at risk.

As for your being "on the good side of a tyrannical govt", well, I'd rather be on the good side of the British government, tyrannical or not, which it clearly isn't going by how we removed Boris, than on the side of a Nigerian government that does not give a damn about its people.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/united-states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
bn365:
I got banned yesterday.

I kind of guess you were, lol. What did you do? Was it spambot?

Next time write to the supermods and ask them to review and unban you. That's what I do.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
I think it has everything to do with the topic
NL, Vanguard Newspaper, Channels TC, et al get funding from Bill Gates to act as gatekeepers AKA censorship platforms where pieces of information are curated to suit the narratives the West is pushing

budaatum:

I kind of guess you were, lol. What did you do? Was it spambot?

Next time write to the supermods and ask them to review and unban you. That's what I do.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
bn365:
I think it has everything to do with the topic
NL, Vanguard Newspaper, Channels TC, et al get funding from Bill Gates to act as gatekeepers AKA censorship platforms where pieces of information are curated to suit the narratives the West is pushing.

I bet you believe 5G caused or was the instrument used to promote, Covid-19 too.

I think you spend far too much time entertaining conspiracies instead of on the facts of a matter. You don't have to rely on curated information in this day and age when everyone is providing lots of credible information for free.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
I bet you believe the govt has your best interests at heart and they have no reason to lie to you

budaatum:

I bet you believe 5G caused or was the instrument used to promote, Covid-19 too.

I think you spend far too much time entertaining conspiracies instead of on the facts of a matter. You don't have to rely on curated information in this day and age when everyone is providing lots of credible information for free.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by a4cube: 7:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:
a4cube, see the UK you say had 3 month power cut warning about a mere 3 hour power cut like the world would end.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/oct/06/national-grid-warns-households-could-face-three-hour-lpower-cuts-this-winter
Yes my mistake for the power cut info. Did you just say pubs don't have CCTV un tour earlier post?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
a4cube:
Yes my mistake for the power cut info. Did you just say pubs don't have CCTV un tour earlier post?

Yes, pubs don't have CCTV. UK is not some police state where your every move is recorded, and we Brits will not go to a pub that records us drinking in peace.

Besides, there are costs involved if you want CCTV in your pub and pubs can't obviously afford such expenses if they are already resorting to candles.

https://www.hospitalitylaw.co.uk/cctv-in-licensed-premises/

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
bn365:
I bet you believe the govt has your best interests at heart and they have no reason to lie to you

No, bn365, i don't "believe the govt has your best interests at heart and they have no reason to lie to you". I am Nigerian after all, and have lived through many Nigerian leaders, so believing that a "govt has your best interests at heart and they have no reason to lie to you", would be stupid and naive.

What I know as opposed to believe, is that a person in government who lies to its electorate is likely to be found out and kicked out as soon as possible.

That's why it is the responsibility of the electorate to get their facts right and detect the lies or suffer the consequences of their own ignorance and stupidity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/08/world/europe/boris-johnson-lies-britain-parliament.html

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 12:13am On Oct 08, 2022
I was on my way home from the hairdresser's and saw police doing what might be described as tyranny, though I bet you the black person they got in handcuffs was caught by Automatic Number Plate Recognition, a form of CCTV that detects if you ain't got a licence or insurance or MoT for your vehicle.

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 4:23am On Oct 08, 2022
You are constantly contradicting yourself.
If you don't believe the govt has your best interest at heart, you do believe in conspiracy
How do you not see that?
There are conspiracy facts and theories. It's ok to have questions that cannot be answered than to have answers that people are told cannot be questioned
The fact is that govts all around the world lied about and during covid.

budaatum:

No, bn365, i don't "believe the govt has your best interests at heart and they have no reason to lie to you". I am Nigerian after all, and have lived through many Nigerian leaders, so believing that a "govt has your best interests at heart and they have no reason to lie to you", would be stupid and naive.

What I know as opposed to believe, is that a person in government who lies to its electorate is likely to be found out and kicked out as soon as possible.

That's why it is the responsibility of the electorate to get their facts right and detect the lies or suffer the consequences of their own ignorance and stupidity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/08/world/europe/boris-johnson-lies-britain-parliament.html

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2022
bn365:
You are constantly contradiction yourself.
If you don't believe the govt has your best interest at heart, you do believe in conspiracy
How do you not see that?
There are conspiracy facts and theories. It's ok to have questions that cannot be answered than to have answers that people are told cannot be questioned
The fact is that govts all around the world lied about and during covid.

When most people say I contradict myself they usually do not understand me. How can not believing "the govt has your best interest at heart", mean "you do believe in conspiracy"? Can you not see it's even more stupid to believe in conspiracies there is no evidence for than a government who must at least provide some facts and evidence?

Anyway, buda does not believe, period. buda checks with buda's senses so buda may know instead.

It would be a great achievement for all the various diverse governments around the world to all lie the same lie. They all never agree on anything, so this your "fact is that govts all around the world lied about and during covid" would be the hugest miracle ever.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by olisaEze(m): 9:34am On Oct 08, 2022
So this all the time, Putin has been residing in Naija and we didn’t know it! These ones are still in the candle phase, Mikano & Elemax is dancing in their future if things continue as they are! grin
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2022
You are living in a lalaland.
You might have to look up what ''conspiracy means''
You don't need any evidence to believe in a conspiracy
Can a govt plan with a private company ie the UK govt and Bill Gates? Public and private partnership in govt? Ofcourse
One world govt is here and you need something really really bad to wake you up from your stupor
They are telling you ''A new world order'', but for you ''They never agree on anything''
A top-down govt, is the meaning. Covid was a top-down govt. One-size fits all
A man can be a woman...repeat...You all repeat that nonsense and anyone who decides not to be part of it becomes a pariah, an outcast!

budaatum:

When most people say I contradict myself they usually do not understand me. How can not believing "the govt has your best interest at heart", mean "you do believe in conspiracy"? Can you not see it's even more stupid to believe in conspiracies there is no evidence for than a government who must at least provide some facts and evidence?

Anyway, buda does not believe, period. buda checks with buda's senses so buda may know instead.

It would be a great achievement for all the various diverse governments around the world to all lie the same lie. They all never agree on anything, so this your "fact is that govts all around the world lied about and during covid" would be the hugest miracle ever.

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 10:22am On Oct 08, 2022
bn365:
You are living in a lalaland.
I who does not believe in baseless factless devoid of any evidence conspiracy theories is living in lalaland, while you who believe in baseless factless devoid of evidence conspiracy theories is living in the real world, right?

Please take time to meet the individual who made this post. You will become best mates.

bn365:

You don't need any evidence to believe in a conspiracy.
This is true. People don't need any evidence to believe anything, and if there is evidence contradictory to what they want to believe they just need to ignore or disregard it and just make crap up and believe it. It's like many believe Adam died when he ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, despite the fact that they clearly see with their very own eyes that he died 800 years later.

Do not forget to meet the individual I've introduced to you. Tell him buda sent you.

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 10:36am On Oct 08, 2022
Wikipedia's definition of any subject is suspect. Take that to the bank

You are being duplicitous.
When people believe in conspiracy, it could be in theory...ie ''I believe the Govt and Bill Gates coming together for evil''
Conspiracy fact? Is that theory a fact?
I don't need any facts to believe that Bill Gates, who believes in population reduction cannot create a vaccine to keep the population alive.
If any govt creates an environment that facilitates Bill Gates cannot be questioned and demands that I must be forced to be injected with a cure created by a known eugenist...that govt needs more than guns to enforce it

budaatum:

I who does not believe in baseless factless devoid of any evidence conspiracy theories is living in lalaland, while you who believe in baseless factless devoid of evidence conspiracy theories is living in the real world, right?

Please take time to meet the individual who made this post. You will become best mates.

This is true. People don't need any evidence to believe anything, and if there is evidence contradictory to what they want to believe they just need to ignore or disregard it and just make crap up and believe it. It's like many believe Adam died when he ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, despite the fact that they clearly see with their very own eyes that he died 800 years later.

Do not forget to meet the individual I've introduced to you. Tell him buda sent you.

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2022
bn365:
Wikipedia's definition of any subject is suspect. Take that to the bank

https://www.britannica.com/topic/conspiracy-theory

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 10:56am On Oct 08, 2022
You choose to memory hole pieces of information

Wikipedia called the ''new world order'' a conspiracy theory...you said you don't believe in conspiracy theories...Biden and World Economic Forum[WEF] then allude to its existence...See how that works?
'' Vaccines don't edit your DNA's... it's a conspiracy theory, it's like Polio vaccines...ok, its not like Polio vaccine...Ok mRNA is not a vaccine in the true sense...We have to change the definition of vaccine...months later...mRNA vaccines edit DNA...Here's why it's a good thing"

budaatum:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/conspiracy-theory
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2022
bn365:
You choose to memory hole pieces of information

Wikipedia called the ''new world order'' a conspiracy theory...you said you don't believe in conspiracy theories...Biden and World Economic Forum[WEF] then allude to its existence...See how that works?

He did not allude to its existence. If you read properly he is saying he would create one. Some of us are even trying to create a New Nigerian Order in fact. It's why we are Obidients.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/what-is-new-world-order-joe-biden-conspiracy-theorists-online-qanon-b990263.html

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
It's sad to read your post. You're constantly twisting and bending and omitting the things i post.
WEF says it's good[New world order] and it has been in existence. Wikipedia says it doesn't exist, still
Biden comes out and says ''covid pandemic is over'', the media says it's still here

budaatum:

He did not allude to its existence. If you read properly he is saying he would create one. Some of us are even trying to create a New Nigerian Order in fact. It's why we are Obidients.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/what-is-new-world-order-joe-biden-conspiracy-theorists-online-qanon-b990263.html

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
bn365:
It's sad to read your post. You're constantly twisting and bending and omitting the things i post.

To be honest with you, I surprise myself by responding to you at all since you are saying complete rubbish as far as I'm concerned. But I guess I have small time at the moment so...

Please do not be surprised if I at some time just ignore you, for you remind me of this person, and my time is too precious to waste.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by ImperialYoruba: 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2022
bn365:
Remember the slogan "wear a mask, save lives"?
Then came the fines, and then, all of a sudden, imprisonment?
Energy and the climate will be the focus of the new virtue signal.
Doing your bit to stick to Putin - Turn off the lights, Pay the high cost for energy

Pubs across UK start lighting candles in response to rising energy costs
You may have heard that energy bills are soaring, which is going to make the months ahead tough for many of us.
And in a bid to keep the lights on, many pubs across the UK are turning the lights off all together.

How about the cold season, what should people do?

How long will these pubs remain open if power to brew their products is rationed?

Let's use sense and campaign for what matters. Campaign should be for peace, not demonizing Putin or dismissing him.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2022
I am surprised you're responding at all
Usually, all you guys do is throw the talking points ''Racist, Misorginist, conspiracy theorist, QAnon'' and then bounce
That's it. end of discussion
Before you bounce though, very soon, remember where you heard it from first, people wouldn't be able to tell others that they were jabbed with the mRNA vaxx.

budaatum:

To be honest with you, I surprise myself by responding to you at all since you are saying complete rubbish as far as I'm concerned. But I guess I have small time at the moment so...

Please do not be surprised if I at some time just ignore you, for you remind me of this person, and my time is too precious to waste.

1 Share

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

How about the cold season, what should people do?

How long will these pubs remain open if power to brew their products is rationed?

Let's use sense and campaign for what matters. Campaign should be for peace, not demonizing Putin or dismissing him.

You should go ask people who live there instead of a person who knows not of what he speaks.

The salary for Prime Minister is £164,080, made up of £79,936 for role as Prime Minister, and an additional £84,144 for being an MP. The best way for a Prime Minister to lose that pay in UK is to be seen as being incompetent, and there's no sign of incompetence bigger than no light. Worst is if people start dying of cold on your watch.

Can you see from the above why a person willing to be Prime Minister would never let the lights go out?

I'm certain pub beer drinkers would not keep in office a Prime Minister who deprives them of their beer because they can't keep the lights on, and worst still if cold kills the old.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
� BREAKING:

In COVID hearing, #Pfizer director admits: #vaccine was never tested on preventing transmission.

"Get vaccinated for others" was always a lie.

The only purpose of the #COVID passport: forcing people to get vaccinated.

The world needs to know. Share this video! ⤵️
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1579759795225198593

budaatum:

You should go ask people who live there instead of a person who knows not of what he speaks.

The salary for Prime Minister is £164,080, made up of £79,936 for role as Prime Minister, and an additional £84,144 for being an MP. The best way for a Prime Minister to lose that pay in UK is to be seen as being incompetent, and there's no sign of incompetence bigger than no light. Worst is if people start dying of cold on your watch.

Can you see from the above why a person willing to be Prime Minister would never let the lights go out?

I'm certain pub beer drinkers would not keep in office a Prime Minister who deprives them of their beer because they can't keep the lights on, and worst still if cold kills the old.
Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
bn365:

� BREAKING:

In COVID hearing, #Pfizer director admits: #vaccine was never tested on preventing transmission.

Must you be this lazy?

https://www.bbc.com/news/59994912

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 3:24am On Oct 12, 2022
It seems you just like to google a story that's different from the one being discussed so that you can come to a predetermined conclusion.

Google: EU hearing, Pfizer’s president of international developed markets, Janine Small

budaatum:

Must you be this lazy?

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by bn365: 3:34am On Oct 12, 2022
Pfizer CEO avoided the hearing in the EU parliament

Watch video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1579830040858329089

budaatum:

Must you be this lazy?

Re: Pubs Across UK Start Lighting Candles - The New Virtue Signals by budaatum: 9:19am On Oct 12, 2022
bn365:
It seems you just like to google a story that's different from the one being discussed so that you can come to a predetermined conclusion.

You mean, the way you are trying to now use COVID vaccines to convince yourself lights are out in UK?

Sorry bn, but I do not have the time to needlessly be going around the block with you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Tinubu Will Be Leaving Nigeria Until 12th Of December - APC PCC / Tinubu Leading Atiku In Sokoto / Is Twitter The New Headquarters Of Tribalism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.