Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Why You Should [b]set Goals[/b] - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should [b]set Goals[/b] (124 Views)

How Successful People Set Goals / How To Achieve Your Set Goals In 2019, Even In This Difficult Terrain / Learn How To Set Goals And Accomplish Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should [b]set Goals[/b] by judeankeli(m): 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2022
In the previous post I told you the importance of goals, and how they define which actions to take. Today I will be telling you about setting goals.

I am in no position to tell you what goals to set, but I can enlighten you on how to set these goals

First off, how do you set goals?

To set a goal, you have to look at something you don’t have (in life or business), or something you have but needs improvement

For example, you can set a goal to start a business as something you don't have, or you can set a goal to bring in a million naira yearly from your current business, this is an example of goals for improvement

Most people have different ways of setting goals.

some set really high goals, and fall short
others set high goals and hit it
meanwhile, some set low goals and still fall short
while others set low goals and hit it, then move to the next.

aim for the stars, if you miss you will land on the moon

But here is one that works for me and most people

- set reasonable goals (if you have never made money online, stop setting unreasonable goals such as make 1 million naira in a month). It’s possible, but every time you fail to accomplish the goal, it hurts you. You lose hope.

- set goals as if you already have achieved them. When setting goals, stop saying "I want to make a million naira before the year runs out" instead
say "I make a million naira every year/month"

- Read your goals every day. This helps to keep it fresh in your mind. it also reminds you to do daily tasks that move you towards your goals

Here is a common and very used goal setting framework

- SMART

S: Specific. Your goals should be specific instead of 'I want to grow my business', set 'I have a 2-million-naira business'
M: Measurable. Your goals must be measurable 'I want to grow my business' use 'I have a 2-million-naira business' the money being the measurable item here
A: Attainable. Don’t set goals like I want to be the president of nigeria when you hate politics or you haven’t even joined Nigerian politics yet or have no plans of joining. Hope you understand
R: Realistic. Don’t set a 20-million-naira goal, when your business cannot even make up to 20k a month. You will just kill yourself with depression.
T: Time bound never set goals without a deadline

With these few tips, I hope you achieve your business and personal life goals
P.S: I have a free book that will show you how to startup your own online business. The book teaches on the three most important steps you must take to run a profitable online business. Click on the link to get the book. Its free

https:///3fHfn0Z

(1) (Reply)

➜ ➜ ➜ EXCLUSIVE & FREE ➜ ➜ ➜7-8-9-10th October ➜ Tips & Prediction / Let Me Let You On A Secret, I Don't Think You Know? / 4 Reasons Your Small Scale Business Is Not Growing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.