Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately (1034 Views)

Appeal Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike / Industrial Court Orders ASUU Back To Work / ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by blamingthedevil: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Court Of Appeal Orders #ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by blamingthedevil: 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Remember it was ASUU that went to the Court of Appeal to reverse the judgement of lower court- IC

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by N3TRAL: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
If they refuse, the Federal Government should enforce the Judgment of the Court by deregistering them grin

The government should not stop at that.

Vice-chancellors must account for hundreds of billions worth of TETFUND grants they have embezzled.

The lecturers must also write apology letters to students and add 20 marks to the score of students because you cannot stay 8 months at home blocking highways and bullying online without forgetting what you were taught in January. It should be a criteria for paying them the 8 months salary they didn't work for.

For more than 40 years, ASUU has shattered the dreams of great Nigerian students.

Below is a picture of ASSU strike being called off in 1981. My mother had just started Primary School in 1981. 41 years later a useless congress of indecent academicians are still frustrating students.

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Nbote(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
Na to resume and den call off after 1 week na

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by JJuanMiguel: 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nbote:
Na to resume and den call off after 1 week na
So they can become the clowns FG want them to be
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by IamDietiesGod: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by itsRhamzy: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
GOOD. no union whatsoever should be allowed to be too strong than the government. ASUU not agreeing to the offers by FG is nothing but blackmail and should be dealt with. FG should never pay them for more than 3 months salaries out of the 8 months of students time they wasted at home. That'll send a message should Incase they want to do busybody with their selfish strikes again.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Richardidegah7: 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
N3TRAL:
If they refuse, the Federal Government should enforce the Judgment of the Court by deregistering them grin

The government should not stop at that.

Vice-chancellors must account for hundreds of billions worth of TETFUND grants they have embezzled.

The lecturers must also write apology letters to students and add 20 marks to the score of students because you cannot stay 8 months at home blocking highways and bullying online without forgetting what you were taught in January. It should be a criteria for paying them the 8 months salary they didn't work for.

For more than 40 years, ASUU has shattered the dreams of great Nigerian students.

Below is a picture of ASSU strike being called off in 1981. My mother had just started Primary School in 1981. 41 years later a useless congress of indecent academicians are still frustrating students.

You have said it all my brother.

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Wilson500: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
If ASUU still dey prove stubborn
FG will checkmate them with vawulent CONUA
They have already lost the war

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Adonis69: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ije uwa
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by graceypetee: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Assu must proceed supreme court

Abeg patronise my showmax business, sell in cheaper rate

1200monthly goes for 500naira monthly
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Emmamay10: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
ASUU should give up already.
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Graceunlimitedd(m): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Court Of Appeal Orders #ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately
fake news.
was it not this same Appeal court that told FG and ASUU to resolve their cases off court
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by blamingthedevil: 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
fake news.
was it not this same Appeal court that told FG and ASUU to resolve their cases off court

See this one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by JJuanMiguel: 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
fake news.
That was on Tuesday, when they were given 24hrs to do that.
Ngige and Falana both agreed to dialogue to reach an out of court agreement.
I guess Ngige was adamant on the no work no pay stance hence a compromise couldn't be reached.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Runaway: 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Why didn't they order them to teach also?
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by ThrustReverser(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2022
Runaway:
Why didn't they order them to teach also?
Refresh your browser, they might have just done that.
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Graceunlimitedd(m): 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

That was on Tuesday, when they were given 24hrs to do that.
Ngige and Falana both agreed to dialogue to reach an out of court agreement.
I guess Ngige was adamant on the no work no pay stance hence a compromise couldn't be reached.
what action do you think ASUU may likely do next?
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Graceunlimitedd(m): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
blamingthedevil:

See this one
what do you think ASUU would do next?
Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by JJuanMiguel: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
what action do you think ASUU may likely do next?
I can't say.
Intially, i thought Falana was representing ASUU for free. But i later learned he's being paid, even at that this case can't be taken to supreme court because
1. It's an industrial dispute
2. The appeal court didn't give a ruling, but rather referee ASUU to NIC ruling.

ASUU have played into FG's hand because they've lost the sympathy of most of the general public too, they should have called off this strike since April.

The only thing I'm sure of now is that, unlike before that only students are the major losers in situations like this, ASUU will lose too this time around, but it shouldn't matter after all they are patriots "fighting" for the students hence a little bit of sacrifice is expected, but ASUU don't want to accept this reality.
They will lose now, but it's a painful reality for them because they didn't see it coming.

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Orders ASUU Members To Resume Work Immediately by Graceunlimitedd(m): 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

I can't say.
Intially, i thought Falana was representing ASUU for free. But i later learned he's being paid, even at that this case can't be taken to supreme court because
1. It's an industrial dispute
2. The appeal court didn't give a ruling, but rather referee ASUU to NIC ruling.

ASUU have played into FG's hand because they've lost the sympathy of most of the general public too, they should have called off this strike since April.

The only thing I'm sure of now is that, unlike before that only students are the major losers in situations like this, ASUU will lose too this time around, but it shouldn't matter after all they are patriots "fighting" for the students hence a little bit of sacrifice is expected, but ASUU don't want to accept this reality.
They will lose now, but it's a painful reality for them because they didn't see it coming.
Thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

OMG Donkey Solves Mathematics Questions Accurately (pic/video) / Can My Date Of Birth In WAEC Be Changed / Undergraduate Admissions 2006/2007 Session!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.