Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers (13000 Views)

Please Help, My Wordpress Website Register Button Is Not Clicking / Google Rolling Out A New Gmail Design! / Youtube Monetization 2018: Account Must Have 4000 Watch Hours & 1000 Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Fryzi(m): 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
Always for the rich
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
So Twitter is billing users to be able to have access to the "edit" option and people are brainwashed enough to actually be paying real money just to use an app service?

If a Nigerian app was to be behind this madness, Western societies would have been quick to scandalise the person(s) involved and gone as far as terming it fraudulent.

This is insane and first hand robbery!
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Mirasteel: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
Omahleigh:
An edit button will take away the credibility of twitter
I don't even give a damn about Twitter
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by aspabay(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2022
Beckham14:
$4.99 per month? More like paying for your MISTAKES.

Mr. Peter Obi is the "Edit Button" God has given to us to correct the typos we made in the past by electing bad leaders.... This Edit Button is coming Free Of Charge, you nor go pay shishi.

Vote Mr. Peter Obi.

God bless you as you use the "Edit Button"

You mean Mr Hin Tu Lie Linus, the edit button will help him edit his lies
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2022
OBTMOS:
Musk and money

Calm down na!

Musk is yet to buy the bird app and you're already blaming him for this.

Haba!
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by naptu2: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
billionman:
Direct monetization of Twitter

Omahleigh:
An edit button will take away the credibility of twitter

ahnie:
The internet is learning to forget grin grin grin
No sordid past to nail anybody again with.

Buddha3:
So Twitter is billing users to be able to have access to the "edit" option and people are brainwashed enough to actually be paying real money just to use an app service?

If a Nigerian app was to be behind this madness, Western societies would have been quick to scandalise the person(s) involved and gone as far as terming it fraudulent.

This is insane and first hand robbery!

jaxxy:
how does the edit button help if it also distorts or hides the truth which is necessary for twitter to thrive? undecided

the edit button should have limits or trails.

There are other ways to make money of twitter.

kingxsamz:
This ruins all the fun tbh.
What makes Twitter better is the fact that you can't take back what you said unless you delete it. And even if you delete it, the post would still be seen by others for some time before it becomes available.
Not a great update at all.

Twitter Blue is a version of Twitter in which users pay a monthly fee for extra benefits (premium services). It has existed since June last year. The edit function, which was released a few days ago, is only available to users of Twitter Blue.

You can still see the original version of the tweet (after editing) by clicking on the message at the bottom of the tweet.

The first screenshot below (This is an edited tweet) is of an edited tweet, while the second screenshot shows what you'll see when you click the pencil icon. The tweet that says, "This is not an edited tweet" is the original tweet and you can still see it if you click the pencil icon.

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by socialmediaman: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
Abdul9025:

what does this post has to do with Peter Obi..
Peter Obi Bullies full Nairaland... as if election is won in the forum ...if you talk now, they will cyberbully you..

You're actually the one cyberbullying him. You have your own comment to make yet you chose to try to shutdown someone else who made his.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by backtovillage: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
Yeye
Something wey Nairaland don dey use try tey
Na Seun and other Nigerians no get ds tin up. We suppose dey compete with US company by now
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Ijaya123: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
faithfull18:
Like seriously, it's stressful typing epistles only to notice an error or two, then have to delete it.

No need for that, just copy the entire epistle and then delete it. Now go back to where you started from and paste what you copied, edit the error before posting finally.

1 Like

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by jaxxy(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
how does the edit button help if it also distorts or hides the truth which is necessary for twitter to thrive? undecided

the edit button should have limits or trails.

There are other ways to make money of twitter.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
SmartGadgetz:
Good innovations, at least let twitter make money small, sometimes I wonder how mark Zuckerberg, tiktok owner and twitter and google and YouTube owners are not the richest people in the world considering the millions and billions of people using their platforms every second of the day.

Maybe, the need to employ a typical Nigeria man to help them make money with their app successfully.

For instance, if they employ me:
1) Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, Instagram, YouTube will be running on subscription based, or limit important features for free users to subscribe.

2) Chatting or posting would be calculated based on #1000 words for #1 naira or 0.20 cents for dollars and pounds users.

3) Calls or video calls will be minimally billed at a very low cost connected directly from your bank. Like 10hours of calls should be charged at the rate of #5 naira and it's equivalent to dollar and pounds respectively.

4) Money making button for content creators and be split by percentage of 20/70, a win win.

5) National and international easy and fast Fund transfer buttons, work with banks to make it possible, then take our charges.

6) Business accounts would be charged more, personal profiles will be charged something close to none.

Lastly
7) Bans are subject to paid approvals, depends on the offense grin cheesy wink. Lol.

Perhaps we should all beg Seun to hire you here first.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Sheriman(m): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2022
We will buy second hand edited button if Twitter devs decided to let Nigerians use it.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by SmartGadgetz: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

Perhaps we should all beg Seun to hire you here first.

If seun hire me. I will monetise naira land.

• For a user to delete created thread is #100 per thread

• Comments will be limited to 500 words, to exceed this, one must pay.

• Paid ads banners would be bigger and better.
• Sponsored posts contact button would be visible for anyone to bid and do with no stress.

• Freelance job listings thread would be available and we collect our charges for each completed transactions.

• Content creators here will be rewarded by readers through views and we collect our charges.

• Digital Products store will be available.

• Etc

There are so many innovations seun can do on nairaland to earn more than dangote sef
grin

Seun is not creative as we think. Just that his idea paid off, nothing else. He is scared of change.

1 Like

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Davidganna10: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
Beckham14:
$4.99 per month? More like paying for your MISTAKES.

Mr. Peter Obi is the "Edit Button" God has given to us to correct the typos we made in the past by electing bad leaders.... This Edit Button is coming Free Of Charge, you nor go pay shishi.

Vote Mr. Peter Obi.

God bless you as you use the "Edit Button"
Lol how una dey taje think this stuff up self
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
SmartGadgetz:

If seun hire me. I will monetise naira land.

I have always thought I should pay subscription like 2k a year or something for being here.

So please get in touch with Seun and ask him where I should pay please.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by SmartGadgetz: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

I have always thought I should pay subscription like 2k a year or something for being here.

Lol.
grin
You are funny.

People abuse anything free that's why water is sold for #10, and gold and diamond is sold for billions.

1 Like

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
SmartGadgetz:

Lol.
grin
You are funny.

People abuse anything free that's why water is sold for #10, and gold and diamond is sold for billions.

And that's why I am willing to pay, so I am not seen as an abuser of anything free, but mostly to support Seun's wonderful work of which I have benefitted for many years.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by SmartGadgetz: 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

And that's why I am willing to pay, so I am not seen as an abuser of anything free, but mostly to support Seun's wonderful work of which I have benefitted for many years.

You are a good man. It's good to give back always. However, Seun is settling for less and scared of changes. This platform have been like this for ages.

Poor seun.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by shopwiser: 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
Twitter would never be the same again.. it will lose its value.. cos thats the essence if that beauty called twitter.. the fact you go dey jaboo and receipts go always dey
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by etrange: 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hahaha... Elon.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by etrange: 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

No. By being being here alone, you're already making millions for Seun. You can't pay him to make money for him.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Emeka71(m): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good anyway`
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
SmartGadgetz:

You are a good man. It's good to give back always. However, Seun is settling for less and scared of changes. This platform have been like this for ages.

Poor seun.

It's a great pity. If the platform refuses to grow, it would eventually die.

Seun should consider going public and list Nairaland on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. He'd get a proper management structure that would help him evolve the platform.

That's what the Zuckerbergs and the Dorseys do, and I'd love to say the Seuns too. He'd be more of an inspiration than he currently is if he does.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
etrange:

No. By being being here alone, you're already making millions for Seun. You can't pay him to make money for him.

Yes I can pay him to provide a better user experience. And if he makes billions in the process, I'd personally be delighted for him.

He serves himself small is what I think. The almost 3million users he has managed to gather here are equivalent to the population of a Nigerian state. And if he had the right support and advisers around him he should be a contender for at least the House of Reps or the Senate, with eyes on state governor and perhaps someday on Aso Rock itself.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by SmartGadgetz: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

It's a great pity. If the platform refuses to grow, it would eventually die.

Seun should consider going public and list Nairaland on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. He'd get a proper management structure that would help him evolve the platform.

That's what the Zuckerbergs and the Dorseys do, and I'd love to say the Seuns too. He'd be more of an inspiration than he currently is if he does.
Yes tech is moving fast daily, I pray seun not to be left behind.

Nice ideas.

Seun currently dont have competitor like other platforms line FB and co. I feel that's why he is not innovating.

When another great forum in Nigeria emerge and become popular big, I think then seun would wake up and collect his money. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by bluefilm: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
Elon Musk get so many money making ideas.

No wonder he wonder he's interested in buying twitter again.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by kingxsamz(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
This ruins all the fun tbh.
What makes Twitter better is the fact that you can't take back what you said unless you delete it. And even if you delete it, the post would still be seen by others for some time before it becomes available.
Not a great update at all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SEO : GET Different Types Of Footprints 2019 / 13 Reasons Why Affiliate Marketing Is Better Than Google Adsense / Reliable, Secure, Fast, And Affordable Web Hosting With Beta Host Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.