Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers (12994 Views)

Please Help, My Wordpress Website Register Button Is Not Clicking / Google Rolling Out A New Gmail Design! / Youtube Monetization 2018: Account Must Have 4000 Watch Hours & 1000 Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by brandsoncharlie: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
SmartGadgetz:
Good innovations, at least let twitter make money small, sometimes I wonder how mark Zuckerberg, tiktok owner and twitter and google and YouTube owners are not the richest people in the world considering the millions and billions of people using their platforms every second of the day.

Maybe, the need to employ a typical Nigeria man to help them make money with their app successfully.

For instance, if they employ me:
1) Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, Instagram, YouTube will be running on subscription based, or limit important features for free users to subscribe.

2) Chatting or posting would be calculated based on #1000 words for #1 naira or 0.20 cents for dollars and pounds users.

3) Calls or video calls will be minimally billed at a very low cost connected directly from your bank. Like 10hours of calls should be charged at the rate of #5 naira and it's equivalent to dollar and pounds respectively.

4) Money making button for content creators and be split by percentage of 20/70, a win win.

5) National and international easy and fast Fund transfer buttons, work with banks to make it possible, then take our charges.

6) Business accounts would be charged more, personal profiles will be charged something close to none.

Lastly
7) Bans are subject to paid approvals, depends on the offense grin cheesy wink. Lol.

If they can implement these, then watch Mark Zuckerberg and likes climb to no 1 richesh man in the world within 3 months.
Funny review, you know how much they pay for their platforms to be running .
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by drealcivilceno(m): 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Asour:

We mostly pay for our mistakes.

4.99 every month?

Haba!
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lying now legalized on twitter, for 4.99$ you can lie all you want. grin
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by bahdpersona(m): 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
It doesn't even make sense.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by JasonScoolari: 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Seun, kindly ask your moderator why the first comment was taken down...
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Eberex(m): 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
faithfull18:
Like seriously, it's stressful typing epistles only to notice an error or two, then you have to delete it.

It has its advantages especially if the original post indicts one.
And before the person can edit , people don screenshot am
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Wwwq: 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
Really
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by faithfull18(f): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
Eberex:

It has its advantages especially if the original post indicts one.
And before the person can edit , people don screenshot am
True though.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by PaNnamdi: 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
Buddha3:
So Twitter is billing users to be able to have access to the "edit" option and people are brainwashed enough to actually be paying real money just to use an app service?

If a Nigerian app was to be behind this madness, Western societies would have been quick to scandalise the person(s) involved and gone as far as terming it fraudulent.

This is insane and first hand robbery!
You don't know how difficult it is to create an app.talkless of an app like twitter and u don't want the developers to make money.i am currently learning C language and it's not joke man.
.show appreciation.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
Chijeep:
don't know if to call this good or bad news... kiss
I don't really use Twitter
try Twitter and u will never regret it..

1 Like

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by etrange: 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

Yes I can pay him to provide a better user experience. And if he makes billions in the process, I'd personally be delighted for him.

He serves himself small is what I think. The almost 3million users he has managed to gather here are equivalent to the population of a Nigerian state. And if he had the right support and advisers around him he should be a contender for at least the House of Reps or the Senate, with eyes on state governor and perhaps someday on Aso Rock itself.

Sure, everybody would be happy for him to make billions. The point here is, lack of finance is not the reason he's not there yet. So you paying him wouldn't change the user experience. In as much as we're all nice people that would be delighted to see Seun make billions, our relationship with him is still at the business level because we'd typically want value for our money. If he adds features that would make us pay, we would gladly do so. However, if you're really interested in supporting him, you can send him a mail to ask for his bank account. You don't have to wait till he monetizes the app for everyone before doing that.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
etrange:

Sure, everybody would be happy for him to make billions. The point here is, lack of finance is not the reason he's not there yet. So you paying him wouldn't change the user experience. In as much as we're all nice people that would be delighted to see Seun make billions, our relationship with him is still at the business level because we'd typically want value for our money. If he adds features that would make us pay, we would gladly do so. However, if you're really interested in supporting him, you can send him a mail to ask for his bank account. You don't have to wait till he monetizes the app for everyone before doing that.

I agree that "lack of finance is not the reason he's not there yet". His not there yet is due to the none use of his imagination.

I just don't mind paying in advance, considering all the free use I've had already, and being his paying customer would mean he'd have to listen more, I hope.

As to sending him mail, I'm sure he and his mods can read his mentions here and get in touch themselves as I'm not willing to go chase after him too to give him my hard earned money.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by etrange: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

I agree that "lack of finance is not the reason he's not there yet". His not there yet is due to the none use of his imagination.

I just don't mind paying in advance, considering all the free use I've had already, and being his paying customer would mean he'd have to listen more, I hope.

As to sending him mail, I'm sure he and his mods can read his mentions here and get in touch themselves as I'm not willing to go chase after him too to give him my hard earned money.

Paying him in advance for a service he has not promised to render is more like charity than business. I get it, it's personal. You want to appreciate him and that's great. I only disagree with the call to monetize the app because of your personal desire to appreciate him; not when you could easily reach out to him and do that like I said. Sending him a mail doesn't mean you're running after him with your hard earned money. It means you're making contact and you're doing it despite the fact that it's your hard earned money you're giving out. That's why it's called charity, right? I mean, you don't expect them to read this chat and start running after you when they're not the ones that begged for your money in the first place.

But then again, if you don't want to send him a mail, you can tag him and tell him you'd like to give him something. At least, it would be better than expecting him to deduce that from a random chat. But he'd likely not reply because people say all sorts of things here. Sending him a mail is still the best option.

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by Anndrew(m): 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
debbian:

cheesy
The way politics is inserted in every post...
All na market..
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by xamster(m): 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
etrange:

Paying him in advance for a service he has not promised to render is more like charity than business. I get it, it's personal. You want to appreciate him and that's great. I only disagree with the call to monetize the app because of your personal desire to appreciate him; not when you could easily reach out to him and do that like I said. Sending him a mail doesn't mean you're running after him with your hard earned money. It means you're making contact and you're doing it despite the fact that it's your hard earned money you're giving out. That's why it's called charity, right? I mean, you don't expect them to read this chat and start running after you when they're not the ones that begged for your money in the first place.

But then again, if you don't want to send him a mail, you can tag him and tell him you'd like to give him something. At least, it would be better than expecting him to deduce that from a random chat. But he'd likely not reply because people say all sorts of things here. Sending him a mail is still the best option.

Good luck.

Strange, please understand that I am stating what I wish to do, and in no way am I ordering you to do likewise, and noe have I asked for any app to be monetised.

If Seun says we have to pay to use his site as it is, I'd likely be one of the first to tell him where to go, and it's not likely to be anywhere he'd like. Contradictory, however, I'd be very willing to voluntary pay him even more.

And no, I choose not to send him an email. He has people he already pays to read our posts and ban us if they don't like what they read, so they can bloody well read what I've written and get in touch if they wish to.

Thanks for your suggestion however.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by etrange: 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

Strange, please understand that I am stating what I wish to do, and in no way am I ordering you to do likewise, and noe have I asked for any app to be monetised.

If Seun says we have to pay to use his site as it is, I'd likely be one of the first to tell him where to go, and it's not likely to be anywhere he'd like. Contradictory, however, I'd be very willing to voluntary pay him even more.

And no, I choose not to send him an email. He has people he already pays to read our posts and ban us if they don't like what they read, so they can bloody well read what I've written and get in touch if they wish to.

Thanks for your suggestion however.

I quoted you cause you said "subscription" and invariably, that makes it not just about you but also about the app we're all using. If you really wanted to give him something, you'd have done that already. But you comment suggested you'd do it if it were a subscription. So no, it's not just about what you want to do, but also about what you want Nairaland to be. So forgive me for having an opinion on what Nairaland should be or shouldn't be. Seun could be reading this; someone needed to tell him why subscription would be a bad idea. Saying it's strange cause I'm commenting on the fact that you want to pay subscription fees for using this app is like Elon Musk saying it's strange for people to comment on what he plans to do with Twitter. We are all stakeholders here.

You're always welcome. smiley
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
No one with a brain would pay subscriptions for this site as it is, e. I know I wouldn't, and you sound like you wouldn't, so that's 2 of us. And I bet if we open this up to others in a thread the resounding no would be deafening. Regardless, I would gladly pay a 'subscription' on a donating basis because I appreciate what Seun does here.

It would be the second website I subscribe to. The first being the Washington Post because I love taking the mickey out of magas. But the site that gets the most of my money does not require a subscription and only accepts voluntary donations, which we its users pay in appreciation of what we get in return. And that is what I'm saying I'd do where Nairaland is concerned, make an annual donation, because I appreciate what has been done here, bringing so many of us Nigerians to discuss under one tree in the middle of the village.

etrange:

I quoted you cause you said "subscription" and invariably, that makes it not just about you but also about the app we're all using. If you really wanted to give him something, you'd have done that already. But you comment suggested you'd do it if it were a subscription. So no, it's not just about what you want to do, but also about what you want Nairaland to be. So forgive me for having an opinion on what Nairaland should be or shouldn't be. Seun could be reading this; someone needed to tell him why subscription would be a bad idea. Saying it's strange cause I'm commenting on the fact that you want to pay subscription fees for using this app is like Elon Musk saying it's strange for people to comment on what he plans to do with Twitter. We are all stakeholders here.

You're always welcome. smiley
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by zainabhoney4: 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
GreatGreat...
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by etrange: 11:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:
No one with a brain would pay subscriptions for this site as it is, e. I know I wouldn't, and you sound like you wouldn't, so that's 2 of us. And I bet if we open this up to others in a thread the resounding no would be deafening. Regardless, I would gladly pay a 'subscription' on a donating basis because I appreciate what Seun does here.

It would be the second website I subscribe to. The first being the Washington Post because I love taking the mickey out of magas. But the site that gets the most of my money does not require a subscription and only accepts voluntary donations, which we its users pay in appreciation of what we get in return. And that is what I'm saying I'd do where Nairaland is concerned, make an annual donation, because I appreciate what has been done here, bringing so many of us Nigerians to discuss under one tree in the middle of the village.

Great... That's a donation, and I've got nothing but praises for you for wanting to donate even when your presence alone is already making money for the app. However, you said, "I have always thought I should pay subscription like 2k a year or something for being here." So I quoting was to first to decry the idea of subscription on Nairaland and then while at it, also mention that you don’t need to pay the subscription even though you could if you wanted to. Like I said, the owner might be taking feedbacks from here, I don't know how he would interpret your comment, but it would be great for him to know the idea of subscription wouldn't sit well with everyone. A communication glitch, maybe, but it's one I'm glad to have taken up for the sake of clarity. At least, by getting you to explain, on readers would know neither of us is advocating for the monetization of Nairaland at this point.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 12:07am On Oct 08, 2022
etrange:

Great... That's a donation, and I've got nothing but praises for you for wanting to donate even when your presence alone is already making money for the app. However, you said, "I have always thought I should pay subscription like 2k a year or something for being here." So I quoting was to first to decry the idea of subscription on Nairaland and then while at it, also mention that you don’t need to pay the subscription even though you could if you wanted to. Like I said, the owner might be taking feedbacks from here, I don't know how he would interpret your comment, but it would be great for him to know the idea of subscription wouldn't sit well with everyone. A communication glitch, maybe, but it's one I'm glad to have taken up for the sake of clarity. At least, by getting you to explain, on readers would know neither of us is advocating for the monetization of Nairaland at this point.
You give buda way too much powers, e. Now, if my thoughts alone could make things happen, imaging if I were to actually say "Let there be Light in Nigeria".

Seun nor his mods take any feedback or notice of we its users. If they did, they'd have taken on a few recommendations on how to improve the site a long time ago, and the reason I have not dashed him any money so far is because it may seem like I'm trying to buy myself some privilege or influence on his site. I'd be glad if he introduces a voluntary donation button however, as I appreciate what he has so far done getting almost 3 million of us in one place.

If we dare organise our selves here, Nigeria would be shaken, which is why a non-big headed power and money hungry fool is not the owner of this amazing forum, thank God, or some other big headed power and money hungry fool would have tried to take over or shut us all down by now.

I'm going to work on that "Light" thing because one just never knows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by etrange: 12:31am On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

You give buda way too much powers, e. Now, if my thoughts alone could make things happen, imaging if I were to actually say "Let there be Light in Nigeria".

Seun nor his mods take any feedback or notice of we its users. If they did, they'd have taken on a few recommendations on how to improve the site a long time ago, and the reason I have not dashed him any money so far is because it may seem like I'm trying to buy myself some privilege or influence on his site. I'd be glad if he introduces a voluntary donation button however, as I appreciate what he has so far done getting almost 3 million of us in one place.

If we dare organise our selves here, Nigeria would be shaken, which is why a non-big headed power and money hungry fool is not the owner of this amazing forum, thank God, or some other big headed power and money hungry fool would have tried to take over or shut us all down by now.

I'm going to work on that "Light" thing because one just never knows.

Your opinion alone may not have such powers, but remember it takes individual opinions to form a collective voice. Some people liked your post. I saw where one even quoted you to appreciate your outlook. That's how opinions are propagated. So I quoting was not just to counter you as an individual, but to provide a contrary force against such propagation, or at least, to balance it out.

Seun takes feedbacks from here (like complaints against mods, etc) or used to. In 2012/13, he used to be active on the programming section. As a junior developer, I used to be active there looking for issues to solve or people to engage. There was this thread about Nairaland's UI and Seun was there to read what people had to say and defend his stance. I remember cause he started following me after that engagement (this was before the 2014 blackout that wiped out a good deal of the platform's data and made many of us lose our accounts). He may not be eager to make changes, but monetization is definitely an appealing idea to any app owner.

Good to know you believe in Nigeria. And yes, work on that "light" cause every great achievement out was once just a thought. And this includes electric light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 1:38am On Oct 08, 2022
etrange:

Good to know you believe in Nigeria.

No, e, I do not believe in Nigeria. What I believe is we Nigerians can one day organise ourselves to work together to build Nigeria into the nation we'd desire. And that Nigeria we do build might be a broken up Nigeria if that's what we eventually intelligently decide to be.

Just thought I'd say, since you did say "That's how opinions are propagated". I wouldn't want the misconceived opinion to be had that buda wants to be ..... Well, I'm sure you get the idea.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by etrange: 1:46am On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

No, e, I do not believe in Nigeria. What I believe is we Nigerians can one day organise ourselves to work together to build Nigeria into the nation we'd desire. And that Nigeria we do build might be a broken up Nigeria if that's what we eventually intelligently decide to be.

Just thought I'd say, since you did say "That's how opinions are propagated". I wouldn't want the misconceived opinion to be had that buda wants to be ..... Well, I'm sure you get the idea.

I meant "good to know you believe in the possibility of a great future". I don't have the moral authority to use the word "build" or even "believe" seeing that I left the country years ago. All the same, nothing would make me happier than a better Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by budaatum: 9:35am On Oct 08, 2022
etrange:

I meant "good to know you believe in the possibility of a great future". I don't have the moral authority to use the word "build" or even "believe" seeing that I left the country years ago. All the same, nothing would make me happier than a better Nigeria.

Left the country years ago too. That's why I appreciate Seun keeping me in touch.

And one can build from outside the country. One can build people and things up from wherever one is.
Re: Twitter’s Edit Button Is Rolling Out In The US For Paying Subscribers by etrange: 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
budaatum:

Left the country years ago too. That's why I appreciate Seun keeping me in touch.

And one can build from outside the country. One can build people and things up from wherever one is.

Again, good to know. May your intentions manifest into deeds.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SEO : GET Different Types Of Footprints 2019 / Reliable, Secure, Fast, And Affordable Web Hosting With Beta Host Limited / 13 Reasons Why Affiliate Marketing Is Better Than Google Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.