Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

How To Handle Failure - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Handle Failure (174 Views)

Lady Crushed To Death In Front Of Her Shop As Trailer Suffers Brake Failure / Pepsi Truck Crashes After A Brake Failure, This Morning, In Agbani, Enugu / Who Is In The Best Position To Handle Nepa Bill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Handle Failure by SeniorMan715(m): 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
There was once a highly intelligent boy named Osmond - who always scored 100% in Science. He got selected for a scholarship for uni. Afterwards, he went to the University of California for Masters, got a high paying job, and settled there.
He then proceeded to marry a beautiful lady, got a 5 bedroom big house, and luxury cars, and started a family.
He had everything that makes one “successful”, but a few years later, he committed suic*de after sho*ting his wife and children.
So, WHAT WENT WRONG?
California Institute of Clinical Psychology Studied his case, and
found out what went wrong.
They met Osmond's friends and family, and found out that he
lost his job due to the country's economic crisis, and he had to
be without a job for a long time. He didn’t have any business
idea either.
At some point, their house installment broke, and him and his family lost their home. They survived a few months with little
money, and then he decided with his wife to commit suic*de.
He first sh*t his wife and kids, and then sh*t himself.
The case concluded that the man was programmed for success, but he was not trained for handling failures. This brings us to this question:
What are the habits of highly successful people?
First of all, there are many people who will tell you about success habits, but I want you to know today that even if you have achieved everything, there is also a chance to lose everything. I mean nobody knows when the next economic crisis will hit the world, and I don’t wish that upon any of us — but we all need to train ourselves and our minds for hard times, and know how to handle them peradventure they
come.
I also request every parent not to only program your child to be successful but teach them how to handle failures and also teach them proper lessons about life.
Learning high-level science and maths will help them to clear
competitive exams but knowledge about life will help them to face every problem.
Teach them how money works instead of teaching them to work for money. Help them in finding their passion because even though degrees are very important, having a skill in something you love is also important.
How to handle failure :

1. Understand it's part of life. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose.

2. It's okay to feel bad. When things don't go like you planned
or imagined, it's okay if you feel sad, ashamed, disappointed, or angry. These feelings are natural. Don't just dwell on them.

3. Take responsibility. Truth is that we always play a role in whatever happens to us - good or bad. Understanding what you did wrong will help you in learning the lessons, and avoiding the mistake in the future. Taking responsibility may make you feel restless, and create unnecessary tension, but not taking responsibility could cause you to repeat same mistake in the future!

4. Learn yourself. This is further buttressing my point in number 3. Use that as an opportunity to understand yourself better, and how you handle situations. You'll be amazed to find a few glitches you can easily fix.

5. Accept the failures. Just like I said in number 1, when you understand that failures are part of life, then you'll be able to accept them as life lessons, and hence not live in denial.

6. Once you've gone through number 1 - 5, then make future
plans to avoid failing again. Have a plan B, and even a plan C; but don't forget not to be too hard on yourself.
Even if all your plans fail, keep trying!

(1) (Reply)

New Ati Fundamentals Proctored Exam Test Bank 2020-2021 / Germany: Man Bites Police Dog, Woman Punches Officer / Digital Marketing Course In Bangalore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.