Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,874 members, 7,848,558 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:50 AM

I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu (316 Views)

Rivers Crisis: Defected Lawmakers Can’t Return, PDP Insists / Hoodlums Loot Senator Gershom Bassey's Family House In Calabar, Set It Ablaze / Why We Will Return PDP To Power – Ekweremadu Reveal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu by press9jatv: 12:49am On Oct 08, 2022
PRESS STATEMENT:

7th/10/2022

I came to return PDP to power; not to loot – Ayu

Party To Publish Income And Expenditure Account In December

The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, declared today that he was elected to restore the party to power; and not to loot or mismanage party funds.

He also disclosed that he has instructed the Finance Department to maintain an update the party’s income and expenditure account for presentation to the Party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) at the first-year anniversary of the present NWC in December.

It was his first reaction to charges against him in the media of bribery and illegal payments to members of the party’s National Working Members (NWC).

Ayu said although he has many faults as a human being, stealing was not one of them, adding that the present NWC is being guided by the principles of transparency and accountability.

He spoke while welcoming the Forum of Elected Ex-Officio Members of the party who paid him a solidarity visit at the PDP National Headquarters.

His words: “The PDP was not founded to be in opposition. We founded the party to access power and develop the country. And my historic task is to return the party to power. I won’t be Chairman forever. For now my preoccupation is to return the Party to power. I did not come to steal. My public service record is there.

“I have been a leader of the National Assembly. I have been a minister many times. As a person, I have many faults, but stealing is not one of them. I am conscious of my place in history, and the NWC that I lead is guided by the twin-principles of transparency and accountability.

“You may be reading many things and expecting my reaction. If we don’t always talk, it is because we want to maintain and build cohesion in the party. We don’t want continuous altercations in the PDP Family. Our eyes are on the big picture i.e. winning the 2023 general elections."

He went on: “Therefore, let us not lose focus. Let us keep our eyes glued on the big picture. Everything else is secondary. We took office because there was crisis in the party.
And we don’t want to keep moving from crises to crises. It’s not good for the party. We can’t be in perpetual crises, especially where the crisis is artificial.

He added: "The NWC met and discussed the issue of Housing Allowance. It was unanimously agreed that no bribe or any form of illegality took place. A statement has since been issued to that effect. The matter has now been laid to rest."

Earlier in his remarks, the Chairman of the Forum, Hon. Yunana Iliya, said the members were at the party secretariat to express solidarity with the National Chairman, and pledged their unalloyed loyalty to the Ayu-led NWC.

“We stand by the recent Vote of Confidence passed on you by the highest decision-making body of the party, the National Executive Committee (NEC), and we urge all party faithful to close ranks in PDP’s rescue work,” he added.

Simon Imobo-Tswam
Special Adviser to the National Chairman
(Media and Communications)

Re: I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu by press9jatv: 12:50am On Oct 08, 2022
Senator Iyorchia Ayu is a goal
Re: I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu by treesun: 12:53am On Oct 08, 2022
press9jatv:
PRESS STATEMENT:

7th/10/2022

I came to return PDP to power; not to loot – Ayu

Party To Publish Income And Expenditure Account In December

The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, declared today that he was elected to restore the party to power; and not to loot or mismanage party funds.

He also disclosed that he has instructed the Finance Department to maintain an update the party’s income and expenditure account for presentation to the Party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) at the first-year anniversary of the present NWC in December.

It was his first reaction to charges against him in the media of bribery and illegal payments to members of the party’s National Working Members (NWC).

Ayu said although he has many faults as a human being, stealing was not one of them, adding that the present NWC is being guided by the principles of transparency and accountability.

He spoke while welcoming the Forum of Elected Ex-Officio Members of the party who paid him a solidarity visit at the PDP National Headquarters.

His words: “The PDP was not founded to be in opposition. We founded the party to access power and develop the country. And my historic task is to return the party to power. I won’t be Chairman forever. For now my preoccupation is to return the Party to power. I did not come to steal. My public service record is there.

“I have been a leader of the National Assembly. I have been a minister many times. As a person, I have many faults, but stealing is not one of them. I am conscious of my place in history, and the NWC that I lead is guided by the twin-principles of transparency and accountability.

“You may be reading many things and expecting my reaction. If we don’t always talk, it is because we want to maintain and build cohesion in the party. We don’t want continuous altercations in the PDP Family. Our eyes are on the big picture i.e. winning the 2023 general elections."

He went on: “Therefore, let us not lose focus. Let us keep our eyes glued on the big picture. Everything else is secondary. We took office because there was crisis in the party.
And we don’t want to keep moving from crises to crises. It’s not good for the party. We can’t be in perpetual crises, especially where the crisis is artificial.

He added: "The NWC met and discussed the issue of Housing Allowance. It was unanimously agreed that no bribe or any form of illegality took place. A statement has since been issued to that effect. The matter has now been laid to rest."

Earlier in his remarks, the Chairman of the Forum, Hon. Yunana Iliya, said the members were at the party secretariat to express solidarity with the National Chairman, and pledged their unalloyed loyalty to the Ayu-led NWC.

“We stand by the recent Vote of Confidence passed on you by the highest decision-making body of the party, the National Executive Committee (NEC), and we urge all party faithful to close ranks in PDP’s rescue work,” he added.

Simon Imobo-Tswam
Special Adviser to the National Chairman
(Media and Communications)

PDP Power to the People!
Re: I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu by Penguin2: 12:54am On Oct 08, 2022
So at what time did you decide add looting to the initial plan?
Re: I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu by Bontafa: 8:01am On Oct 08, 2022
press9jatv:
Senator Iyorchia Ayu is a goal

Wike is now a bad person?

Re: I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu by press9jatv: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2022
Bontafa:

Wike is now a bad person?
Wike is a clueless chest beater, he didn’t know that power is transient. He will know in bitter tears after he handover government to the next government in May 29th, 2023. An over ambitious politician always failed woefully.
Re: I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu by Bontafa: 8:06am On Oct 08, 2022
press9jatv:
Wike is a clueless chest beater, he didn’t know that power is transient. He will know in bitter tears after he handover government to the next government in May 29th, 2023. An over ambitious politician always failed woefully.

Okokoko

Oya na abeg make una do Wike bad ejorrr

Re: I Came To Return PDP To Power; Not To Loot – Senator Iyorchia Ayu by 9jahotblog: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2022
Senator Iyorchia Ayu really mean well for Pdp and the good people of Nigeria, he started the tremendous works of victories last year when he was sworn in, now Osun State is Pdp bag. Next is ogun, ondo and Lagos in Pdp bag. Victories for Atiku Abubakar in February 25th, 2023 presidential election.

(1) (Reply)

Oil Theft: The PO Effect Is Already Being Felt / Kwankwaso - APC Is A Dead Party / Eye Service? In 2015, Peter Obi Visited Victims Of S/africa Xeno Attacks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.