Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Make A Living With Piggery Business - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Make A Living With Piggery Business (44993 Views)

Piggery House Construction Design Details / 1 / Which Is Profitable Between Poultry And Piggery Farming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by johnny4u2(m): 2:27pm On May 08, 2013
Hi farmers or buyers,
We have different categories of pigs for sale at Gudugba farm in Papalanto area of Ogun State. Our pigs are well managed, treated and fed. Different categories ranging from weaners, growers, about-to-cross (gilts), boars, sows etc are available and in large quantities. For further info, call TIMMORLA on 08027774568, 08053327759 or 08057290784 or contact us on beejaykimball@yahoo.com.
Happy farmers, happy Nation

1 Like

Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by transponder: 11:11pm On May 09, 2013
Please does anyone know of a pig farm in Ilorin, Kwara state where a friend can rent pens to rear pigs.
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by johnny4u2(m): 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
Available to pig farmers: We are also in the business of supply of spent grains, also called brewery waste, to pig farmers. Depending on your choice, we can get you from Nigerian Breweries and Cadbury. Call TIMMORLA on 08027774569, 08057290772 & 08052790784. Delivery price varies depending on your choice and location.
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by transponder: 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please does anyone know of pig pents for lease in Kwara state.
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by dejia(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
johnny4u2: Available to pig farmers: We are also in the business of supply of spent grains, also called brewery waste, to pig farmers. Depending on your choice, we can get you from Nigerian Breweries and Cadbury. Call TIMMORLA on 08027774569, 08057290772 & 08052790784. Delivery price varies depending on your choice and location.

How much will you supply a trailer load of brewery waste to ilorin?
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by Davidelect15: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Please I want to start a piggery business and I would like to know the following:
1. How many plots of land will be most appropriate for like 6 females that will soon be reproducing, together with 2 male;
2. I want to know much about the available and common varieties with my expections on them;
3. I also want to know the approximate expenses for feeding to the level of repriduction;
4. Also, I'll lik to know how and when they'll heat.
5. Above all I would like to know how, when and where: as far as market is concerned.
That woul be all at least for now. Thanks. You can also email me to
younglord2015@gmail.com
or a call to 08061274388
please its very urgent.... Thanks
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by momexcellency: 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hello. I am interested in this Piggery business. Pls which state in Nigeria do you think is the best to establish the pig farm. I am bases in Abuja. Thanks.
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by Ashasco: 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Babs farm dealer of all kinds of animals feeds such as spent grain, beawry waste,milk,soya beans&Shaft ,cerelac &Milo wast,indomie waste ,rice brown cassava mash& pile, wet&dry bisciut, sogum&sogum dust e t c reduce the cost of ur feed, contact us at agbara estate road agbara, ogun state 08138548035

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by udemex: 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
Great thread you have here friends. After reading through this thread last week, I decided to venture into Pig farming also. I have rented a pen at Gudugba farm along Papalanto, Ifo area of Ogun State and bought three gilts (about-to-cross). But the estimate giving to me for feeding my three pigs is about 36,000/month. The figure is scary. Please where can I buy cheaper and healthy feeds?
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by femu(m): 9:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
udemex:
Great thread you have here friends. After reading through this thread last week, I decided to venture into Pig farming also. I have rented a pen at Gudugba farm along Papalanto, Ifo area of Ogun State and bought three gilts (about-to-cross). But the estimate giving to me for feeding my three pigs is about 36,000/month. The figure is scary. Please where can I buy cheaper and healthy feeds?

look around for pkc, cassava peels and brewery waste.
interact with your colleagues in gudugba they will show you the way!

2 Likes

Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by omo17(m): 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
udemex:
Pls sir, wat is d cost of renting a pen at ur site. Tanks
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by tommy2g1(m): 5:33am On Jul 12, 2016
TALK TO MR DUROJAIYE IN GUDUGBA FARM . HE IS THE PRESIDENT OF POUTRY FARMERS IN D FARM . HE WILL FEED YOU WITH DETAILS ON PIGS. HE HAS A PIG FARM AND EQUALLYMANAGE SSOME PEOPLE FARMS TOO. GOODLUCK.
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by tommy2g1(m): 6:22am On Jul 12, 2016
PIGGERY IS EXPENSIVE TO SETUP INITIALY BUT I BET YOU IT WORTH ALL THE EFFORTS. . IF YOU MUST START A COMMERCIAL PIG FARM TRY INVEST GOOD MONEY AND YOU WILL SMILE TO THE BANK ATLEASE AFTER A YEAR. DONT EXPECT MAGIC IN 7 MONTHS. ...IT REQUIRES PATIENCE. AS I SAID EARLIER IT WORTH IT.

1 Like

Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by iseeicome: 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
If you are thinking about starting a pig farming business in Nigeria, then this article is for you. It contains a list of tips for beginners to carefully consider before setting up their farm. To become a successful pig farmer, you must have a goal just like most experienced pig breeders do - to make money. And if you want to make pig farming business in Nigeria a money spinning venture for you, then your sole aim when it comes to pig breeding should be to produce healthy and well rounded pigs.
You can raise pigs in a controlled or free environment, as a small – scale operation or a large - scale business. But whatever be the size of your farm, you would need good information as to how to efficiently raise pigs and run your own farm. Here are some issues that you should carefully consider for a successful pig farming business:

Read More: http://businessplan.com.ng/pig-farming-business-plan-nigeria-start-pig-farm/
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by ChrysoliteHaven: 11:12am On Feb 21, 2018
Hello all, Big Pigs for sale at Chrysolite Haven at affordable price. Please contact us: 09025589996 / Whatsapp:09052288627. Location is Oke Aro, Lagos, Nigeria

femu:
This is not a technical article, am not an animal scientist nor vet doc so its just my rant based on personal experience. Also its not based on the typical rubbish dump pigs you’re probably used to, its based on Pigs kept in concrete pens for commercial purposes.

Investing in piggery is a good and stress-free business as female Pigs conceive twice in a year and can produce as much as 12piglets each time.

A piglet is sold between 3000-3500 Naira, while mature Pigs are sold based on their live weight(kg) multiplied by the going rate per kilo. Currently this is 230 Naira per kilo. Within a year you can have your pig weigh as much as 100kg if you feed it well.

Advantages over Fishery and Poultry.

Lower mortality rate- Pigs are not as fragile, they can still cope with some delays in feeding and water.
Cheaper cost of feeding- Pigs can be fed with a wide variety of products, like humans they are omnivores. Pig feed also costs lesser per kilo compared to Chicken and Fish feed.
Security- because most people have prejudiced opinions towards pigs they don’t even come close to them, hence the thought of theft doesn’t cross their mind. Some see pigs as a taboo.
Also pigs are highly uncooperative animals to handle, they don’t necessarily move in herds .
Diseases- pigs are less susceptible to diseases unlike poultry. Pigs don’t require any special vaccines. All they need is occasional vitamin supplement, de-worming and anti-bacterial treatments.
Easy on the pocket- if you’re very resourceful you can feed a pig with 50 Naira a day by collecting roughages(cassava peels, corn chaff)  in your neighbourhood. U can't dare that with layers or fishes. Also you can easily source brewery waste and palm kernel cake cake for them
More Profitable- In piggery, when selling a kilogram  is a kilogram whether the animal is Big or Small;whereas in fishery the fishes are sold at different weights per kilogram.
Facility conversion Incase you get tired of farming you can easily convert the pens to offices or accommodation. The designs are relevant. i doubt you can easily achieve that in poultry and fishery

1 Like

Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by ultrazone(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2018
Re: Make A Living With Piggery Business by konews: 4:31pm On May 26, 2020
Pig Farming Business Plan In Nigeria With Feasibility Study
In this artcle we will give you the recent and updated edition of Pig farming in nIgeria. After reading this artcle you will be able to start your pig farming without stress and make a lot of money his will give you the short cut and it will help you implement your resources in business and make it
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/pig-farming-business-plan-in-nigeria/

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Herdsmen Destroyed Our Bee Hives(pix) / Two Men Pose With Live Python At A Public Event. Photos / FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.