Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? (309 Views)

Inflation: Women, Please Pity Your Husbands. Don't Make Them Commit Suicide / How To Make A Homemade Pepper Spray / Is This Budget Economical For A Simple Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? by Sukkyy2010: 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
Inflation has led me to come up with this dual comparison between home made food and Vendor food which one is more economical in this present state of Nigeria economy.

The impact of inflation on goods and commodities most expecially raw food in the market is so harsh and has led to aggressive spike in price of these varieties goods in the market. Personally I had carried out my practical comparison between the cost of home made food and buying fastfood from Vendors and I discovered that the era when home made food(food cooked at home) is far economical ( safe you money) than buying vendors food is bygone and I'm so much feeling nostalgic about it.

This present days homemade food is financially cost more than buying food from vendors irrespective how economical you tryna be due to the harsh inflation and if do your calculations so well you'll realized this point.

Aside the only advantage that entice me about homemade food is the hygiene assurance aside that nothing again because what's the point of spending a thousand naira #1000 on palm oil/ vegetable oil let alone while I can get a plate of rice from a street vendor will cost me less amount.

From my own perception the food vendors is lately becoming more economical than homemade food.
Re: Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? by Gentlechika(m): 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
Not entirely true
Re: Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? by Wurld: 2:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
undecided
Re: Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? by Timoleon(m): 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
Depends on the number of persons involved and location. If it’s just one mouth and in a not too highbrow area, buying from vendors is more economical.
Re: Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? by IamBlessed12: 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2022
hmm
Re: Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? by faithfull18(f): 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
Lol, if it's a family something, buying foodstuffs in bulk is better. Asides being sure the meals are hygienically prepared, you will eat to your satisfaction unlike when you all carry your plates to buy N100 food morning, afternoon, evening besides it's not a good way to raise a family.

For single mouths, it's still cheaper to buy in bulk and cook if you want to eat to your satisfaction.

If you don't eat much, buying food may be cost -effective somehow esp if it's beans and you are a one kind of food person.
Re: Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? by HarlequinLekex: 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
This is what nigeria has turned to
Re: Inflation: Vendors Or Homemade Food Which One Is More Economical? by RepoMan007: 5:08am On Oct 09, 2022
OP asked a good question. Vendors use cheaper cooking methods like charcoal and firewood unlike houses where you cannot always go through such stress or don't want to spoil its appeal.

(1) (Reply)

Help A Friend From An Abusive Father! / Share Your Experience As A Widow Or Orphan / 55 Inches Ufc Fhd Tv For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.