Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics (26225 Views)

Why You Need To Start Cooking With Okazi Leaves / Okazi Soup / How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by lordparcel: 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
Channah1:

Hahaha grin cheesy grin. Make una no fight o. I fit marry two husbands. No wahala. tongue
I no fit share you with another oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by descarado: 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
pocohantas:

What you cooked is EGUSI soup with OKAZI LEAF. Not okazi soup. It has nothing to do with the liquid as okazi is actually fluid.

However, Okazi is cooked with
1) Palm fruit, not palm oil.
2) Achi/ofo/ukpo (we don’t use ede, though a minute/negligible percentage do
3) Achara
4) Moulded egusi
5)Okazi
6) Yellow pepper
7) Cow leg/head, okporoko…etc
cool Extras.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but this is not OKAZI soup that is native to Abians.
I have tasted this soup in umuahia and abiriba( courtesy, marriage), I love that soup.
My problem is always the moulded egwusi. I don't always get it right.
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by pocohantas(f): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2022
descarado:

I have tasted this soup in umuahia and abiriba( courtesy, marriage), I love that soup.
My problem is always the moulded egwusi. I don't always get it right.

Yea, it is nice until you have too much of it. cheesy

Only two things would make your moulded egusi go wrong;
1) Inadequate osu
2) Too much water

Pound the osu together with the egusi, a pinch of salt and one fresh pepper. Add a teaspoon of hot water, then you start applying pressure on the egusi until it solidifies and brings out oil. Use a spoon to gather them together. With clean hands, you squeeze out the oil and start moulding into your preferred shape/size.

Drop into the BOILING POT OF SOUP. I suggest after the broth has boiled. By broth I mean the palm fruit extract and edibles. Just before you add your thickener.

In the absence of osu, we use onions to mould egusi. This is only for veterans.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Channah1(f): 6:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
BeardedMeat:
Which one is At gbigbe?

That dried long pepper.

1 Like

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by descarado: 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
pocohantas:

Yea, it is nice until you have too much of it. cheesy

Only two things would make your moulded egusi go wrong;
1) Inadequate osu
2) Too much water

Pound the osu together with the egusi, a pinch of salt and one fresh pepper. Add a teaspoon of hot water, then you start applying pressure on the egusi until it solidifies and brings out oil. Use a spoon to gather them together. With clean hands, you squeeze out the oil and start moulding into your preferred shape/size.

Drop into the BOILING POT OF SOUP. I suggest after the broth has boiled. By broth I mean the palm fruit extract and edibles. Just before you add your thickener.

In the absence of osu, we use onions to mould egusi. This is only for veterans.
No wonder. Youtube no describe am this way na.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Channah1(f): 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2022
Probz:
I can’t lie, this okazi-soup is beautiful. Well-done, o?

Thank you. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Majesty33(m): 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
Hmmmm, this one of my best soup ever. I can eat a well prepared okazi soup for five consecutive days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by PussyGalore(f): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
pocohantas:
I take God beg you, don’t do this to our soup. Na beg I dey beg o. grin grin

Omo! I have seen too many okazi soups on the internet and I always wonder where they learned theirs. No disrespect intended, but okazi is not cooked like this.

You're right, this is not how we cook it
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by pokilo: 6:59pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ukazu soup..
I'm from ohafia.. We don't joke with this soup during a special event

Channah1:

Eh.. it's called ukazi too because of the leaf.
My ohafia friends taught me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by 234daniel2010(m): 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
You bought Egusi N700, Okazi N150 and you said u cooked Okazi soup, are you joking or something.

Channah1:

Won de o. shocked

Wetin I do now... If it's about the liquid, that's how I like my melon soup. Don't like it dry.
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by LadySarah: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2022
PussyGalore:

This is Old bende;Ohafia,Arochukwu and Bende lgas way of cooking Ukazi soup not Umuahia,Ngwa,Ukwa ,moulded Egusi style.

CC: pocohantas
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by LadySarah: 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2022
Channah1:
Pics ingredients.
Stockfish. 1200
Egusi. 700
Meat. 700
Pomo. 400
Ukazi. 150
Fresh pepper 100
Ata gbigbe. 100
Crayfish. 100

Pics 2 boiled the proteins with onions and seasoning.

Pics 3
Fried the egusi with oil and fresh pepper after mashing with onion and and little water.

Added ukazi leaf off camera after soup was done. Let it for some mins and brought it down.

Pics 4 food is ready.

Bon-apetit.

Actually you pound the ukazi little to make it chewable cos you'd notice it'll be stringy while eating it .
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Channah1(f): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
pokilo:
Ukazu soup..
I'm from ohafia.. We don't joke with this soup during a special event

Hey see how you take pronounce am like that my friend. "Ukazu". You're very correct.

2 Likes

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Ginaz(f): 7:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
i can't cook any soup lipsrsealed...God help me. embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Channah1(f): 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
LadySarah:

Actually you pound the ukazi little to make it chewable cos you'd notice it'll be stringy while eating it .

Yeah, the leaf is very hard but I didn't pound it because I don't want the soup to be black.

1 Like

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by LadySarah: 7:33pm On Oct 08, 2022
Channah1:

Yeah, the leaf is very hard but I didn't pound it because I don't want the soup to be black.

It will not be black .Just wet it and pound for like 2 mins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Spandau: 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
Channah1:
Pics ingredients.
Stockfish. 1200
Egusi. 700
Meat. 700
Pomo. 400
Ukazi. 150
Fresh pepper 100
Ata gbigbe. 100
Crayfish. 100

Pics 2 boiled the proteins with onions and seasoning.

Pics 3
Fried the egusi with oil and fresh pepper after mashing with onion and and little water.

Added ukazi leaf off camera after soup was done. Let it for some mins and brought it down.

Pics 4 food is ready.

Bon-apetit.

You forgot to include long pig.
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by pocohantas(f): 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
PussyGalore:

Someone said it is old Bende style.
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by SKIBiNSKI(m): 7:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
What da hell is that junk? Looks delicious. tongue
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by SKIBiNSKI(m): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
LadySarah:

Ata gbigbe, pomo, ukazu. Are these French?
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by dadabashua1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
Good knows this is one of the things I love the most in my life....welldone sis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by lordparcel: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ginaz:
i can't cook any soup lipsrsealed...God help me. embarassed
That's why u're Single
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Ginaz(f): 7:59pm On Oct 08, 2022
lordparcel:

That's why u're Single

mtchewwww. i will get married when I'm ready! i wanna top my cooking skills and it won't be about the so called marriage.

God didn't say a man and woman will become one flesh cos of pot of soup.
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by lordparcel: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ginaz:

mtchewwww. i will get married when I'm ready! i wanna top my cooking skills and it won't be about the so called marriage.

Lol most times a Man's heart is through his stomach
Try topping it or sorry would be ur name

1 Like

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by LogicBomb8: 8:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Channah1:

E no good?
Ignor that urchin you jst prepered my favorite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Ginaz(f): 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
lordparcel:

Lol most times a Man's heart is through his stomach
Try topping it or sorry would be ur name

hahahha. sorry is already your name! thanks for your rubbish advice, i threw it in the trash can.
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by lordparcel: 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ginaz:

hahahha. sorry is already your name! thanks for your rubbish advice, i threw it in the trash can.
Don't take it Personal..
It's just an advice
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Owen247: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
Channah1:

Eh.. it's called ukazi too because of the leaf. My ohafia friends taught me.
ohafia friends? Nice.
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by IbileIfe: 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2022
Okazi vegetable looks overcooked.
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by sirchim(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
Channah1:

I wonder o. That's how the natives of this soup taught me o.

Thanks.
Carry on, don't mind those talking trash about your cuisines, you are a good cook no doubt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Mercury12(m): 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
Channah1:

Oya na. Bring bah.
oyah nah. Let me when ur number is available cheesy
Re: Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics by Mercury12(m): 11:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ginaz:

Lol
May God help your ministry dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Nigerian Native Dish? (pictures) / 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth / Snake Venom, World’s Strongest Beer Contains 67.5% Of Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.