Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,004 members, 7,849,054 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

ASUU’s Key Demands - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU’s Key Demands (1669 Views)

ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally / ASUU’s Demands Unrealistic – Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by general111(m): 1:44am On Oct 09, 2022
HitRun:
IT HAS JUST BEGAN.
The FG is using the judiciary to compel ASUU to go back to work and bring an end to our patriotic struggle.

They think it is through the use of law that they can strangulate us and then deliver the final blow after suffocating us for long using the evil ploy of "No work no pay".

Fellow Colleagues "enough is enough", since all our legitimate appeal - to get the FG understand and do the needful and save the Universities from total collapse- fell on deaf ears. It is time to let the cat out, i.e.
we have for long been toiling to curtail the rot in the system, believing that FG will honour its side of bargain and meet up with its obligation. But no, what we got in the end is despise and an all out war to subjugate ASUU so that the public Universities can finally be annihilated.

IF eventually we decide to be "law abiding citizens" and the strike is suspended, we should then STRICTLY abide by the laws governing our responsibilities in terms of work load.

We shall henceforth:
(1) ONLY teach the approved number of students,

(2) ONLY supervise the approved number of students,

(3) work for only the approved duration. No more overload of courses.

(4) ensure that laboratory practicals are conducted only for the approved number of students.

Of course we should ensure that our colleagues in training are among those considered in 1 to 4 above.

(5) those with administrative responsibilities especially Dean's & HODs should stop using their personal money to run the system.

(6) just use sign language to deliver the lecture, if we're not provided with teaching materials.

(7) those going for external examinations should only participate after they are fully paid. Remember the remaining part of the allowance has persistently been pending since 2009.

(cool stop using our PCs to do university work. We can all queue up to use the computer in the exam office (since it is the only one provided by the university). The waiting time will definitely be long before it gets to our turn to use it, but why worry.

(9) where we are forced to teach an overpopulated class, we should mark, submit and consider result for only the number of student approved by the University law.

(10) stop carrying the burden of the system on us beyond what the law says. Remember the excess work we've been doing (whose allowance we've earned and is yet to be paid since 2009) is what causes accelerated ageing, the proliferation of gray hairs, rapid depreciation of sight and hypertension (mind you these are not reversable.

There is no better time to be law abiding than now.

I come in peace
Badruddeen Saulawa Sani
this is good...
Do this and lets see what FG will do...
This idea of forcing lecturers to school will only back fire on the students.
Many good lecturers will leave the the system just like are health workers are doing, and very soon our educational system will go kaboom.
When you have a leader who has no value for education, this is how he behaves.
Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by Eleyigidgan: 3:35am On Oct 09, 2022
budaatum:

You should want to know. But since you don't want to know, please enjoy your break from being lectured by me and may your enjoyment last long.
your thread is useIess, resume work or get sacked

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by techWriter3: 4:21am On Oct 09, 2022
who does to tell resume or your license will be withdrawn God bless CONUA

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by shortIGBOman: 7:07am On Oct 09, 2022
budaatum:

Filling station? When my knowledge and skills are being demanded all over the world where I can remote work from my village?

You so funny indeed.

LIES. Most Nigerian Lecturers will end up as Security Guards and Motuary attendants abroad. Besides, them tie your umbilical cord to Nigerian University, why you no relocate go work abroad? You won't be missed, cause We have millions of qualified People, who will gladly take over your your position when you leave.

If una no resume work this week, FG go sack all of una. Fvck ASUU.

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by shortIGBOman: 7:39am On Oct 09, 2022
Ebubu:
and POS jobs

Na this work go fit that Budaatum and that HitRun Guys, wey call themselves Lecturers grin grin

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by shortIGBOman: 7:47am On Oct 09, 2022
HitRun:

Your short-sightedness will not allow you to see that ASUU is fighting for your children not to be only good enough to be a filling station worker. If things continue this way, in 10 years, a Nigerian degree won’t be worth the paper it is printed on.

ASUU are only fighting for their pockets. They are bunch of lazy and corrupt Lecturers. But thank God, Nigerians now see their true colour. We are now solidly behind FG. FG must not pay them for the period they went on strike. NO WORK NO PAY. grin

Fvck ASUU

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by shortIGBOman: 7:56am On Oct 09, 2022
HitRun:
IT HAS JUST BEGAN.
The FG is using the judiciary to compel ASUU to go back to work and bring an end to our patriotic struggle.

They think it is through the use of law that they can strangulate us and then deliver the final blow after suffocating us for long using the evil ploy of "No work no pay".

Fellow Colleagues "enough is enough", since all our legitimate appeal - to get the FG understand and do the needful and save the Universities from total collapse- fell on deaf ears. It is time to let the cat out, i.e.
we have for long been toiling to curtail the rot in the system, believing that FG will honour its side of bargain and meet up with its obligation. But no, what we got in the end is despise and an all out war to subjugate ASUU so that the public Universities can finally be annihilated.

IF eventually we decide to be "law abiding citizens" and the strike is suspended, we should then STRICTLY abide by the laws governing our responsibilities in terms of work load.

We shall henceforth:
(1) ONLY teach the approved number of students,

(2) ONLY supervise the approved number of students,

(3) work for only the approved duration. No more overload of courses.

(4) ensure that laboratory practicals are conducted only for the approved number of students.

Of course we should ensure that our colleagues in training are among those considered in 1 to 4 above.

(5) those with administrative responsibilities especially Dean's & HODs should stop using their personal money to run the system.

(6) just use sign language to deliver the lecture, if we're not provided with teaching materials.

(7) those going for external examinations should only participate after they are fully paid. Remember the remaining part of the allowance has persistently been pending since 2009.

(cool stop using our PCs to do university work. We can all queue up to use the computer in the exam office (since it is the only one provided by the university). The waiting time will definitely be long before it gets to our turn to use it, but why worry.

(9) where we are forced to teach an overpopulated class, we should mark, submit and consider result for only the number of student approved by the University law.

(10) stop carrying the burden of the system on us beyond what the law says. Remember the excess work we've been doing (whose allowance we've earned and is yet to be paid since 2009) is what causes accelerated ageing, the proliferation of gray hairs, rapid depreciation of sight and hypertension (mind you these are not reversable.

There is no better time to be law abiding than now.

I come in peace
Badruddeen Saulawa Sani

This one go soon collect sack Letter. When FG pay you with tax payers money and you talk say you no go teach, na sack FG go sack you and Nigerians will rally behind FG.

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by shortIGBOman: 8:09am On Oct 09, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Lol, these lecturers don't even do up to 1/4 of the work they are meant to do in the first place.

Some won't even show up at all during the semester, but only send lecture notes online.

Some will only appear thrice max

They Lecture in multiple Universitties at the same time. By this, they don't have time for their Students, since they are sharing their time for multiple Universitties they illegally Lecture.

That's why they are against IPPIS. Cause it will expose the facts that, they are receiving salaries from multiple Universities. Thereby depriving other other job applicants from getting employed. This is against Nigerian Civil service rules.
Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by shortIGBOman: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2022
HitRun:

All the time they have been shouting for govt. to do the needful before the strike, where were you?

E no concern us. All Lecturers must resume work next week or risk been sacked. Nigerians are tired of una incompetence and laziness.

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by budaatum: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2022
shortIGBOman:

They Lecture in multiple Universitties at the same time.

For the money na. If they paid enough and on time I'm sure lecturing in one university would do.
Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by shortIGBOman: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2022
budaatum:

For the money na. If they paid enough and on time I'm sure lecturing in one university would do.

Greedy, corrupt lecturers. Thank God for IPPIS, una Nyash don open now. cheesy grin

I thought you People claimed that, you are on strike for the sake of the Students? My joy is, Nigerians have now seeing what ASUU really stand for. Whatever FG decide to do with ASUU, Nigerians support it fully. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by shortIGBOman: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2022
budaatum:

Even if FG decided to pay each Lecturer 5m every month, ASUU will still find a reason to go on a 10 months strike. They are bunch of lazy Lecturers who want to chop, but them no wan work.

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by budaatum: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Even if FG decided to pay each Lecturer 5m every month, ASUU will still find a reason to go on a 10 months strike. They are bunch of lazy Lecturers who want to chop, but them no wan work.

Ah please! If government pays me 5m a month, I'll teach you in the day and teach you at night too, then tell government to pay me 10m please, because you definitely need that much education.
Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by seunlayi(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2022
HitRun:

Which destiny are you talking about? The one that your government has used to play blotting and lost? Young man, start thinking of your children cos I doubt your generation can recover from the damage that has been done to you.

This one is lost
Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by shortIGBOman: 10:18am On Oct 09, 2022
budaatum:

Ah please! If government pays me 5m a month, I'll teach you in the day and teach you at night too, then tell government to pay me 10m please, because you definitely need that much education.

Na una lazy and corrupt ASUU members teach me, that's why I no know Book. grin grin grin

Useless people and you want FG to pay you for the low budget education you teach undergraduates?

1 Like

Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by budaatum: 10:24am On Oct 09, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Na una lazy and corrupt ASUU members teach me, that's why I no know Book. grin grin grin

Useless people and you want FG to pay you for the low budget education you teach undergraduates?

ASUU members don't "teach" you, short. You are not in primary school anymore where you are taught by a teacher!

The lecture I give you is like handing you the syllabus so you can go and learn for yourself. My job is to check you are learning on the right path, and to fail you if you are not so you go and correct yourself.
Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by GeneralBuhari: 11:29am On Oct 09, 2022
ASUU should carry their key demands on their head and go and hug transformer.

Useless people.
Re: ASUU’s Key Demands by budaatum: 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Udusok Postume Result Is Not Yet Out. / Laspotech Post Ume Result / Yabatech, Fedral College Of Education Zaria And Others Become University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.