Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others (406 Views)

Murtala Yakubu Ajaka To Ngige, Others: Campaign Publicly For Tinubu Or Resign / Electoral Act: Buhari Won’t Force Amaechi, Ngige, Others To Resign / Lawan, Ngige, Others Visit Ekweremadu After Attack (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others by naijabetlee(m): 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2022
A member of the Senator Abdullahi Adamu-led National Working Committee NWC of the ruling All Progressives Congress APC and Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Murtala Yakubu Ajaka, has cautioned political appointees on the platform of the APC not to play hide and seek about their political standing, saying they either campaign publicly in support of Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s ticket or immediately resign their appointments from the party-led administration.

The APC chieftain was reacting to comments made on a national television programme (Politics today) on Friday evening by the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, where he failed to publicly affirm his choice of presidential candidate between Tinubu and Peter Obi of Labour Party (LP), when he was asked to do so by the presenter.

According to Ngige, such question is difficult to answer because both Tinubu and Peter Obi are his friends.

“My choice will be in the ballot box. On the day of ballot I will make my choice. I won’t tell Nigerians what I will do secretly”.

Recall that the Rivers state governor Nysome Wike, had earlier alleged that some appointees of APC were working for the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

Who will win the 2023 Presidential Election? BET NOW on www.naijabet.com

Reacting to the comments made by Ngige, Saturday through a statement, the APC deputy spokesperson described such comments from a sitting Minister in a government of the ruling party as “uncalled for.”

While describing Senator Ngige’s comments on a national TV programme as anti-party, Ajaka said; “presidential primary election had long ended and the party had settled for the choice of Senator Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, hence all the party leaders should put their ambitions behind them for now to deliver the party’s presidential ticket.

“It is expected of a serving Minister in an APC government to be a trusted apostle of Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s presidency in 2023, who along other party leaders laboured to ensure the enthroment of the same government in 2015 which they are now serving in.

“Chief Ngige and other APC appointees, especially in the federal cabinet should not forget in a hurry that they are holding onto the party’s mandate, hence the need to protect it with whatever it requires, but if they can no longer protect the interest of the APC in public and that of our presidential candidate (Tinubu), I think the honourable thing to do is to step aside from the government formed by the APC.”

According to Ajaka, if such trend is allowed to continue among the appointees and party leaders, it is capable of generating bad blood among APC rank and file.

While calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to call his cabinet members to order and obtain their commitments to delivering APC in 2023, Ajaka wondered that “with this type of public comments from a sitting minister in a ruling party who cannot declare on national television his choice of presidential candidate, how on earth is the party expected to fare in the forthcoming presidential election?

Re: 2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others by Mamaafrik1(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
Whoever knows Obi should tell him these,more than 60% of our voting population is in the rural areas and are illiterates,but their is a subtle way to Reach them.RADIO STATION.

Yes,he should use native language on F.M and A.M radio stations(night 5-10 p.m for southern Nigeria)(he should check for Muslim praying times in the North) will do the rural magic in Native languages.
Do these and see how the tide of 2023 will go in his favor.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others by 175(m): 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
As e dey pain dem, e go dey sweet us. . . .

Devilish party!!!! APC die!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others by Urheadmaster(m): 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
grin Ngige have made is choice undecided tongue

"My choice will be in the ballot box. On the day of ballot I will make my choice. I won’t tell Nigerians what I will do secretly”.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others by Urheadmaster(m): 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2022
Mamaafrik1:
Whoever knows Obi should tell him these,more than 60% of our voting population is in the rural areas and are illiterates,but their is a subtle way to Reach them.RADIO STATION.

Yes,he should use native language on F.M and A.M radio stations(night 5-10 p.m for southern Nigeria)(he should check for Muslim praying times in the North) will do the rural magic in Native languages.
Do these and see how the tide of 2023 will go in his favor.

Is already in Obi favour

Mark it undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2022
None at all
Re: 2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others by Godjone(m): 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2022
Na by force? Is Ngige their campaign DG?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others by Mamaafrik1(m): 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Is already in Obi favour

Mark it undecided
overconfidence destroys More great stride
Re: 2023: Campaign For Tinubu Or Resign, APC NWC Member Challenges Ngige, Others by Timatayo1: 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
Na by force to campaign for Amoda Yekini. . nothing way person eyes no go see consign this devil party

(1) (Reply)

North Vote For A Northerner & Christians Take Back Your Country- Any Difference? / Peter Obi Betrayed Atiku Abubakar - How This Could Affect Nigeria's Political Fu / Peter Obi's Son Acting - Example Of Failed Parental Influence By Seuntheowner:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.