Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) (19776 Views)

See The Fun Meal I Created With Bread. Mmm... Yum! / My Healthy Chicken Curry Sauce With Vegetables (Pix) / Hungry Lagosians Mob A Bus Loaded With Bread In Agege (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Mercury12(m): 10:00am On Dec 31, 2022
Hmm. Thanks for sharing.

Nice one.
I really like soft Ewa Agoyin.
The softer the better grin
The Ewa Agoyin sauce takes the food to another irresistible level.

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Kollabo419: 10:01am On Dec 31, 2022
Nna mehn

Op u are trying o
But that oil stew attached to the Ewa is a big turn off for Non-Yoruba‘s
Very disgusting taste walai.....
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Zonefree(m): 10:03am On Dec 31, 2022
Nice one Gloryhomemaker.

Happy new year in advance and my regards to the family.

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Mercury12(m): 10:09am On Dec 31, 2022
mariahAngel:

Of course, I do. cheesy
I want mine with dodo. Thanks.
It goes well with rice. Bread, Yam and others too.
Ewa Agoyin is just gorgeous cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by ominilongest(m): 10:09am On Dec 31, 2022
Perfect combo.
Best in the history.
Better than HALAAND ND KELVIN DE BRUYNE

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by sonnie10: 10:10am On Dec 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
LogicBomb8, the Ewa Agoyin is served.

All Ewa Agoyin meal lovers, food is ready.
I believe there should local seasoning for Ewa Agoyin. Maybe not, I don’t know.
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Nostring: 10:19am On Dec 31, 2022
Chai.. ewa aganyin with soft agege bread and tasty fried fresh Titus fish or tilapia.... heavenly angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Nostring: 10:20am On Dec 31, 2022
ominilongest:
Perfect combo.
Best in the history.
Better than HALAAND ND KELVIN DE BRUYNE
u Sabi ... evn Better pass xavi + iniesta + ronaldinho and Messi combined lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by sageb: 10:20am On Dec 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Ewa Agoyin is a delicious beans and stew recipe, where the beans is cooked tender enough that it melts in your mouth. The stew is so delicious and can be eaten with bread, boiled yam, boiled potatoes, fried plantain, etc.

This video gives an easy to follow steps on how to make the tastiest Ewa Agoyin stew recipe.

Ingredients:

Dried bell peppers (Tatashe)
Dried peppers (Ata Dindin)
Palm oil
Onions
Ginger
Crayfish
Seasoning Cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ydL7BEPe0U

STEPS:
Select the beans of stone, dirt and chaff. Soak in cold water for up to 2 hours.
Soaking the beans helps it decrease flatulence, bloating, drains out any insecticide used in preservation, cook faster.
Cook the beans till soft and add salt to taste before mashing it.
Soak dried peppers and tatashe in hot water for up to 20 minutes.
Wash and blend the peppers with crayfish, ginger and onions.
In a dry pot add in palm oil, bleach it and add chopped onions, fry till the onions turn golden in colour.
Add in the blended ingredients and fry till very dry without burning it.
Add in seasoning and salt and fry a little more.
Serve and enjoy your Ewa Agoyin.
I eat mine with bread, what do you eat yours with?

Ewa Agoyin for breakfast
so delicious

1 Like

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by meobizy(f): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2022
Yoruba people love creating this thread regularly to cement their pride on this forum.

Nairaland; Sango-Ota’s digital meeting ground.
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Lukuluku69(m): 10:24am On Dec 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Ewa Agoyin is a delicious beans and stew recipe, where the beans is cooked tender enough that it melts in your mouth. The stew is so delicious and can be eaten with bread, boiled yam, boiled potatoes, fried plantain, etc.

This video gives an easy to follow steps on how to make the tastiest Ewa Agoyin stew recipe.

Ingredients:

Palm oil
Onions
Ginger
Crayfish
Seasoning Cubes
Salt to taste

STEPS:
Select the beans of stone, dirt and chaff. Soak in cold water for up to 2 hours.
Soaking the beans helps it decrease flatulence, bloating, drains out any insecticide used in preservation, cook faster.
In a dry pot add in palm oil, bleach it and add chopped onions, fry till the onions turn golden in colour.

God bless the Agoyin people of Benin Republic and Togo for the Recipe.

And Thanks to you Op for reminding us of it

A properly prepared Ewa Agoyin with the right Area (Pepper) is one of the best meal that can ever happen to me food wise

It can go with Bread (especially the Agege type)

It can go with Fried Plantain

It can go with Garri (especially with Garri Lebu)

And you can eat it just like that!

1 Like

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by tollyboy5(m): 10:39am On Dec 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

This your eya agoyin no follow. Trust me, no sure street nigga go fit chop this Maggi's ewa agoyin.

I go rather chop the one from iya kujo from Togo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Emeka71(m): 10:40am On Dec 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

But the topic sounds as if you baked the bread as well.
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by BigDawsNet: 10:42am On Dec 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Palm oil
Onions
Ginger
Crayfish
Seasoning Cubes
Salt to taste

STEPS:

Wow, this is awesome...
I really miss this food...

Our best Nairaland Chef Award goes to "gloryhomemaker" wink wink

1 Like

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by tollyboy5(m): 10:42am On Dec 31, 2022
meobizy:
Yoruba people love creating this thread regularly to cement their pride on this forum.

Nairaland; Sango-Ota’s digital meeting ground.
Ewa agoyin is a Togo food. We make the fake version lol grin

I've tasted several ewa agoyin from Yoruba women. Na soso over hype maggi sauce lipsrsealed .

God bless Togo women for us with their ikebe grin

1 Like

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by tollyboy5(m): 10:49am On Dec 31, 2022
xristos:
weldone...but sorry this is not it.
those togolese women Only has the correct recipe to bring the right taste..
all these are replicas.

until that sauce tastes like the ewa agoyin of the early 2000s...or those togo women at mushin..
u can literally smell it from a 100m distance

I'm ready to marry any woman dat can gimme dat taste. grin
Comrade you no go fall. I'm living at OJo Alaba, that's badagry division.

Togolese full my hood with their donkunu and those their babe with big yanch.
Na everyday we dey chop original sauce with no hype.

Last time I went to surulere, our Yoruba women just wan choke me with fake ewa agoyin grin

1 Like

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Ybaby: 10:49am On Dec 31, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ingredients:

Palm oil
Onions
Ginger
Crayfish
Seasoning Cubes
Salt to taste

STEPS:

Following
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Uchedizzy(f): 10:51am On Dec 31, 2022
Beans is not my thing, meanwhile am looking forward to enter new year
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by tollyboy5(m): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2022
wiseone28:
It doesn't look appetizing
I've not seen ibo born in Lagos badagry area wey Neva chop or love this beans lol.

Are you a learner?

My friend chudube and the whole siblings can eat donkunu like wetin I no know. You will think they're related to togolese cheesy
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by tollyboy5(m): 10:57am On Dec 31, 2022
Nostring:
Chai.. ewa aganyin with soft agege bread and tasty fried fresh Titus fish or tilapia.... heavenly angry
Lol tilapia?! Not even kpomo!

Blood money!! grin grin
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by AngelicBeing: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2022
Olala, yummy, yummy and yummilicious cool

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by wiseone28: 11:02am On Dec 31, 2022
tollyboy5:

I've not seen ibo born in Lagos badagry area wey Neva chop or love this beans lol.

Are you a learner?

My friend chudube and the whole siblings can eat donkunu like wetin I no know. You will think they're related to togolese cheesy
I'm not igbo, Hausa or Yoruba
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by MrCuteking(m): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2022
You just got a new subscriber. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by tollyboy5(m): 11:09am On Dec 31, 2022
wiseone28:
I'm not igbo, Hausa or Yoruba
Niger delta bah?

Warri?

Lol. You must very slim and .... grin
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Truth07: 11:10am On Dec 31, 2022
I will try it with bread

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by wiseone28: 11:12am On Dec 31, 2022
tollyboy5:
Niger delta bah?
Warri?
Lol. You must very slim and .... grin
South south
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by tollyboy5(m): 11:14am On Dec 31, 2022
wiseone28:
South south
If warri there's 55% chances that you're bony grin .

If Edo then you're .... grin
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Eberex(m): 11:17am On Dec 31, 2022
When we were growing up as kids back in the days at ilupeju Lagos, mum used to buy ewa agoyin every Saturday morning for us. It became a routine, until the day she decided to learn to cook it.
I was the one who usually go to the market to buy the pepper.
Ewa agoyin+ bread+ hot tea

1 Like

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by ideaz: 11:31am On Dec 31, 2022
wiseone28:
It doesn't look appetizing

I agree with you on the sight but the taste is out of this world. Trust me.

2 Likes

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by hoilakes(m): 11:50am On Dec 31, 2022
Cool you just need to lock up with the AirBuds 3 Powerful Bass IPX7 Waterproof TWS True Wireless Earbuds.

Thank me later!

Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by Freethinker87: 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
xristos:
weldone...but sorry this is not it.
those togolese women Only has the correct recipe to bring the right taste..
all these are replicas.

until that sauce tastes like the ewa agoyin of the early 2000s...or those togo women at mushin..
u can literally smell it from a 100m distance

I'm ready to marry any woman dat can gimme dat taste. grin

The only difference is that Togolese don't use dried bell peppers, they use the seeds in dried bell peppers only. @gloryhomemaker Soak the seed overnight and follow your process, then come back and say thank you.
Re: Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2022
Nostring:

Eat ewa aganyin with anything other than soft boiled yam, soft bread, or dodo should be considered a punishable offense. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods / How Many Times Do You Eat In A Day? / Do You Have Any Weird Food Combination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.