Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,564 members, 7,850,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:01 AM

I Have A Group That Tracks On Web What People Are Talking About Me - Bill Gates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have A Group That Tracks On Web What People Are Talking About Me - Bill Gates (188 Views)

Nigeria: Is This The Hell They Are Talking About? / Umahi Says He Wont Associate With Any Igbo Group That Insults Buhari / Dino Melaye And Bukola Saraki's Handshake That People Are Talking About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Group That Tracks On Web What People Are Talking About Me - Bill Gates by bn365: 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
Bill Gates Tracks Mentions Of Himself On The Internet

“I have a group that tracks what’s on the web that’s talking about things that connect to me,” Gates said. “Overwhelmingly during the pandemic, 95% was all the conspiracy theory stuff. It is calming down now.”

Gates also complained that conspiracy theories are “cynical” and look for “one bad person who’s doing all this stuff” and welcomed “trusted sources” and “fact-checkers” partnering with social media companies to slow down the spread of content that he deems to be misinformation.

While Gates framed the debate around so-called misinformation and conspiracy theories as a tragedy that reduced compliance with the advice being pushed by trusted sources, he failed to mention that these so-called trusted sources have issued false or conflicting advice throughout the pandemic.

Those who challenged or questioned the “trusted sources” were accused of spreading misinformation and censored by Big Tech platforms, even though many of their challenges and questions later turned out to be true.

(1) (Reply)

In Nairaland ,tribalism Plays A Terrible Role In The Organization. / There Is Huge Opportunity In Nigeria, Don’t Lose Hope – Sanwo-olu Tells Youths / Governor Yahaya Bello Bags Presidential Award On Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.