Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? (24605 Views)

Unlimited Data Plans For Cell Phones / 10 Horrific Deaths Caused By Cell Phones / ''Keeping Cell Phones Near The Head Is Dangerous'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by ttemmi(m): 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
Truth be told: China and Tecno phones are selling a great deal in Computer Village. And this is the central Phone market in Nigeria!!!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by dagboss(m): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Kufu you are definitely the winner of this debate with your innovative contribution, keep it up. Naija o ni baje grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by PaulJohn1: 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2011
Hey fellow 9jas, it's funny seeing u guys listing BB and iphone as part of the most used phones in 9ja. BB & iphone are only common among rich once, while china phone is common among the middle class & d poor once, while nokia is used by all classes. You can get a cheap nokia, u can also get a very expensive one, and no doubt about it been the most rugged phone. Nokia put all level of richness into consideration, and that is why it's the most popular phone. The second most popular phone is china phone. It is been appreciated by d middle class & d poor, it is flashy & cheap. My own ranking is (1)Nokia (2)china phone (3)Samsung (4)LG (5)BBmost popular phone is china phone. It is been appreciated by d middle class & d poor, it is flashy & cheap. My own ranking is (1)Nokia (2)china phone (3)Samsung (4)LG (5)BB
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Princek12(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
1) Huan Zuan phone

2) Hua wei Phone

3) Chinese Blackberry

4) Chinese Samsung

5) Chinese Nokia
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by passyjango(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
For me it should be:

Nokia
Samsung
LG
Blackberry
Sony Ericsson/Moto

Anyone putting BB or iPhone ahead of Nokia and Samsung does not know anything about Nigeria's mobile phone market. Remember the question was "What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria?" not your top five most preferred cell phones. So, it is about current user base (It is not even about current sales which I still believe Nokia and Samsung is still ahead of the rest). Nokia and Samsung sale more phones in Nigeria than the rest put together. This is because they make great phones at a good bargain. BlackBerry comes with outdated hardware and are overpriced. iPhone (by iPhone i mean iPhone 4, if you are still using iPhone 3GS you are using outdated hardware that belongs to the museum) is on the class of its own but out of the reach of most Nigerians.

I did not include Chinese because they are fakes and made from unorganised and unreconisable brands. Although Techno, which is gaining in popularity, has sold lots of phones in the past months, but I do not think they have sold enough phones to have grown their user base to rival the ones I have listed. It takes years to build user base. Nokia did not do it in a year.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2011
presently i use ultimate 8502 running windows 6.1 made by Qualcom and wish to change to HTC 7 PRO. I USE AN MTN line. which phone do advise i change to? i use a phone especially to take care of my business/email/word processing/audio i.e. recording/listening to christian messages. i should find your advise most useful .Tx.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by LaconicINC: 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2011
1.Nokia
2.Chinko: Techno,Bluetooth and nameless
3.BB
4.Samsung
5.LG
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by passyjango(m): 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
odeotito:

presently i use ultimate 8502 running windows 6.1 made by Qualcom and wish to change to HTC 7 PRO. I USE AN MTN line. which phone do advise i change to? i use a phone especially to take care of my business/email/word processing/audio i.e. recording/listening to christian messages. i should find your advise most useful .Tx.

You can go for the Nokia E6 and E7, which are already in the market or you may wait for the BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900, which will be hitting the market soon.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
i think china phones especially TECHNO phones is on top especially in lagos.its quite affordable and it lasts.but u guys never noticed that most original nokia and samsung phones are all made in china just for african market.gone are those days when we see nokia phones made in hungary and finland.i could remember when nokia 3310 came out.it was made in europe and very heavy.some years after it was now manufactured in china and it became light.for me i use a TECHNO T9 phone and its very good.i will go for china phones anytime any where!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Ty207: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2011
How can u guyz rate nokia above china phones.
90% of the northerner including niger,mali in nigeria use chinko phones.
50% of the igbos use chinko phone especially those in da village while
30% of d yoruba's use chinko phones.

2005 statistic:
Nokia
Sony ericsson
Sagem
Samsung
Motorola

Current statistic:
Chinko n techno
Nokia
Bb
Samsung
Lg.
Sony ericson & motorola has lost there value completely in Nigeria market.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by fabj1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 23, 2011
1.china
2.sagaem
3.moto!
4.nokia torch
5.visafone.
am talking of my hood o! i dnt kno about u guyz.
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by mummy3(f): 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2011
Lexusgs430:

Models Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed ? Or have you misplaced your oyster card ?

dont mind him/ her
he's a muntula
Jobless fellow
i believe he's a government worker
he doesnt have much to think/do
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by mummy3(f): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2011
Paul John:

Hey fellow 9jas, it's funny seeing u guys listing BB and iphone as part of the most used phones in 9ja. BB  & iphone are only common among rich once, while china phone is common among the middle class & d poor once, while nokia is used by all classes. You can get a cheap nokia, u can also get a very expensive one, and no doubt about it been the most rugged phone. Nokia put all level of richness into consideration,  and that is why it's the most popular phone. The second most popular phone is china phone. It is been appreciated by d middle class & d poor, it is flashy & cheap. My  own ranking is (1)Nokia (2)china phone (3)Samsung (4)LG (5)BBmost popular phone is china phone. It is been appreciated by d middle class & d poor, it is flashy & cheap. My  own ranking is (1)Nokia (2)china phone (3)Samsung (4)LG (5)BB

Bros listen to your self, you still mention bb amongst ur 5 most used  grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by ttemmi(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
Who's saying NOKIA is selling? China phones are rolling out of the market like mad. Even SAMSUNG is selling more than NOKIA nowadays!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by mummy3(f): 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
Ty207:

How can u guyz rate nokia above china phones.
90% of the northerner including niger,mali in nigeria use chinko phones.
50% of the igbos use chinko phone especially those in da village while
30% of d yoruba's use chinko phones.

2005 statistic:
Nokia
Sony ericsson
Sagem
Samsung
Motorola

Current statistic:
Chinko n techno
Nokia
Bb
Samsung
Lg.
Sony ericson & motorola has lost there value completely in Nigeria market.

thumb up for you, you are compliant
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by ttemmi(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
Who's saying NOKIA is selling? China phones are rolling out of the market like mad. Even SAMSUNG is selling more than NOKIA nowadays!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by catso(m): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
Nokia
BB
Sony Ericsson
Samsung
Motorola
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by MMM2(m): 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
1. China fones
2. Others
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by donchucky21(m): 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2011
1. Nokia rocks
2. Whether u like it or not ppo 'll still prefere china tins
3. BB
4. Samsung
5.LG
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by ttemmi(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2011
donchucky21:

1. Nokia rocks
2. Whether u like it or not ppo 'll still prefere china tins
3. BB
4. Samsung
5.LG

Nokia rocks in you compound right? A brand that doesn't have Andriod Market in this time and age? More, their casing designs are shabby
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by donchucky21(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
ttemmi:

Nokia rocks in you compound right? A brand that doesn't have Andriod Market in this time and age? More, their casing designs are shabby
guy let me enlighten u a little bit nokia is coming out with their first android fone b4 dis yr runs out and d fone 'll run on a wondows 7 os, I can always keep u updated, mtcheeew
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by sholasong(m): 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2011
i just dey laugh, tell me which of the phones mention above does not have it's root in/from china, they are only playing on our inability to advance in our own self made technology. God help Nigeria
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Tedyk(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2011
1,Nokia
2,Chinko
3,Blueberry
4,Samsung
5,Sony Ericsson
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by ttemmi(m): 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2011
donchucky21:

guy let me enlighten u a little bit nokia is coming out with their first android fone b4 dis yr runs out and d fone 'll run on a wondows 7 os, I can always keep u updated, mtcheeew

Who do you want to enlighten? Me? For you to see Nokia as a rocking brand it shows you dont know a zilch! You get infos on GSM sites and you're relying on that? More, for Nokia to aspire Android on a future time shows they are backward currently. *Spits*
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by heskeyw(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
i am with nokia
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by donchucky21(m): 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2011
ttemmi:

Who do you want to enlighten? Me? For you to see Nokia as a rocking brand it shows you dont know a zilch! You get infos on GSM sites and you're relying on that? More, for Nokia to aspire Android on a future time shows they are backward currently. *Spits*
have u ever thought of the functionalities of a nokia symbian fone Just look @ nokia n900 it installs system files even without d internet a nokia nokia phone can keep u busy and it is fun filled, okay tell me all those functions like vpn and a host of functions an Iphone or a PDA carries are used here in NigeriaMy guy take it or leave it nokia rocks, just get one today and give testimonies, lol
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by KDULAR: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
1. China phones
2. Chinko phones
3.Chinks phones
4. Huawei phones
 5. Other brands (Nokia, Samsung, Sony erricsson ,Lg,bb)
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2011
iphones among the top 5 used in Nigeria? shocked shocked ( i rebuke it in Jesus name) U wan spoil biz for me? grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by ttemmi(m): 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2011
donchucky21:

have u ever thought of the functionalities of a nokia symbian fone Just look @ nokia n900 it installs system files even without d internet a nokia nokia phone can keep u busy and it is fun filled, okay tell me all those functions like vpn and a host of functions an Iphone or a PDA carries are used here in NigeriaMy guy take it or leave it nokia rocks, just get one today and give testimonies, lol

Guy, I'm more than Nokia products! They cant satisfy my social needs. Rather than buy those craps I go for HTC Desire2 or Sony Ericsson Arc. [Andriod fones] These phones are beasts! You can't understand and you can't think more than the Nokia toys you see!
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Barrywhite8620: 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2011
Nokia
Chichi
Samsung
Blueberry
Lg
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by femmy2010(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2011
GMcompere:

1. Chinko Nokia
2. Chinko Berry
3. Chinko iphone
4. Chinko samsung
5. Chinko nameless grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol
Re: What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2011
Funny 'demographics' grin

So so chinese phones all the way

Thought Nigerians were always current cool

So when shall we embrace android?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google Officially Launches Android One / How Many Of Us Are Still Active On Bbm? / Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.