Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Yorubas Beware! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Beware! (797 Views)

Yorubas, Beware / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Beware! by AyeMoJuba: 1:50am On Oct 10, 2022
This was how Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Jonathan’s Minister of Finance, then thought it fit, to arrange Nigeria’s finance sector. -

1] Central Bank, Governor – Godwin Emefiele - Igbo
2] Central Bank, Deputy Governor – Okwu Nnana - Igbo
2] AMCON, DG - Chike Obi – Igbo
3] Securities & Exchange Commission, DG - Arunma Oteh - Igbo
4] Nigerian Stock Exchange, DG - Oscar Onyeama - Igbo
5] Securities and Investment Tribunal, DG - Ngozi Chianakwalam - Igbo
6] Sovereign Wealth Fund, DG - Uche Orji - Igbo
7] NAICOM - Chibudum Nwuche - Igbo
8] Chief Economic Adviser to the President, Nwanze Okidegbe - Igbo
9] Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, CEO - Jim Obazee - Igbo
10] Pencom, DG - Chinelo Amazu – Igbo
11] Budget Office, DG - Bright Okogu – Igbo

How do you guarantee that this would not happen again? If peter obi become the president.

Just thinking!

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas Beware! by Abdul05: 1:54am On Oct 10, 2022
AyeMoJuba:
This was how Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Jonathan’s Minister of Finance, then thought it fit, to arrange Nigeria’s finance sector. -

How do you guarantee that this would not happen again? If peter obi become the president.

Just thinking!

Na ibo ....their tribal loyalty is greater than national one

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Beware! by budaatum: 2:00am On Oct 10, 2022
By your own reasoning, if Peter Obi has a non-Ibo as Finance Minister, all those positions would be filled by non-Ibos that the non-Ibo Finance Minister fills them with. So Peter Obi just needs a non-Ibo as his Finance Minister and we'd be good to go.

I must say though that Nigeria once had a Yoruba Finance Minister, and I wonder if all those positions were filled by Yorubas. And Nigeria currently has a Northerner as Finance Minister and I doubt all those posts are filled by Northerners, though please correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Beware! by Trapnews: 2:00am On Oct 10, 2022
grin
Yorubas are their greatest problem, starting with the useless Afenifere, they are very quick to deny their own, same way they denied Awolowo, Abiola, Obasanjo and now Tinubu. Yoruba elites are the most useless of all, they seem to forget history too soon.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Beware! by defcon4: 2:34am On Oct 10, 2022
If they can perform we would support then 1000%

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by AdamuKD: 3:31am On Oct 10, 2022
We are just deceiving ourselves
We are not one and that's why Nigeria is like this. We are just pretending to be one na lie. Is it not better we go our separate ways because it's obvious that this British experiment is not working

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by Joevics(m): 3:57am On Oct 10, 2022
AyeMoJuba:

Just thinking!
And Goodluck appionted Igbos because he is Igbo?
You are not bright. Most of you here don't know jack. Goodluck is an Ijaw man. In fact there is no Igbo tribe in Bayelsa state.

So if GEJ was playing tribalism he would have appionted ijaws, Kalabari's or even ikweres to those positions.
Look at all those people and compare them with the people you have in those positions today and you'll understand why Buhari failed.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Beware! by orisa37: 4:06am On Oct 10, 2022
AND SOME OF THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATE GOVERNMENTS ARE SO SCARED STIFF OF THEIR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS TO SECURE THEIR STATES SOCIALLY, ECONOMICALLY AND POLITICALLY.
Re: Yorubas Beware! by aylive02(m): 5:22am On Oct 10, 2022
Were nie. I am a typical Yoruba boy. Obasanjo had the chance and placed the Hausas above all else. Were you not informed of how he even withheld Lagos allocation that year? Do your assignments well before switching your data to boldly post rubbish. Ire o!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Beware! by Zionmdde: 5:36am On Oct 10, 2022
Abdul05:

Na ibo ....their tribal loyalty is greater than national one

Sharrap there, should we discuss the composition of nnpc hierarchies? You think Igbos are ur problems meanwhile you guys are suffering the same marginalisation they are suffering

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 6:30am On Oct 10, 2022
let me shock you 99% of Tinubu supporters online especially nairaland are staunch bigots.
they're not supporting Tinubu because they know he's a better candidate but just to spite igbos and Hausas.

check their nairaland usernames and post history and see for yourself.
they never loved this country as they parade themselves but just love spitting other tribes at the expense of the country's growth and development.
Election to them means cruise and avenue to measure dickk
they supported Buhari twice even when they knew his failure is certain.
today they're rinsing and repeating the same thing.

while 95% of Tinubu supporter offline and other social media are there for financial gain and nothing more.
from Nollywood actors to influencers nobody supports Tinubu for the future of this country.
to them others can go to hell for all they care.

dear Nigeria youths it's time to look these people in the face and tell them enough is enough.
suffering knows no tribe.
millions of Nigerians are suffering from buhari they imposed on us twice.
it's time to stop these social media sadists.
be brutal and ruthless in approaching them.
let them cry social media bully.
you're fighting for your future and nothing else.
God bless us and may we get it right.

God bless igbos
God bless real Omoluabis
God bless North
God bless South South
God bless Middle belt

thunder scatter Tinubu urchins

Amen

11 Likes 1 Share

Dear Nigerians as we're about to make another life decision that will make or mar us in the next 8 years or more, let's remember to make the right one.
after 8 years of misrule, I think we deserve a break from bad governance, deceitful politicians that thinks they can buy their way to power and hold us ransom for the next 8 years.
like I always say, suffering knows no tribe or religion but these politicians have made tribalism and religious sentiments take away our sense of reasoning.
no politician is a real Christian or Muslim because they're thieves and criminals which both religion condemns.
but they use this act to hold us to ransom every election making us to make bad decisions based on tribalism and religion sentiments each election period.
for example, Buhari is a Northerner but his misrule has affected all region he rules and I think the north are even the biggest victims of his misrules and incompetency.
Another election is here and they have rolled out their usual tribalism card to enslave us yet again.
but this time around we must resist them.
we're majority and I believe we can resist their few paid miscreants.
most of these urchins are based abroad where things works but they keep forcing incompetence on us just for their selfish interests or ego.
while I understand our diversity and need for power rotation, I also believe that there are gems in every tribe and it's the tribe's duty to produce that gem because we all will suffer the consequences if things goes south.
Nigeria is not a harlot that corrupt politicians can take TURNS in banging especially from the notorious desperate corrupt one screaming " MY TURN " like he can't wait to have his way.
it's our job to resist them.
we have to get this right.
the ruling party Apc has failed us
we cannot re-enforce failure.
let's shun tribalism and do the right thing.
God bless us all.

4 Likes

the youths are coming

they have no manifestos to campaign with apart from their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.

But we'll remind them that tribalism won't bring back dollars to at least 400
tribalism won't bring back fuel to 95 naira
tribalism won't send our undergraduates back to school.
tribalism won't fix our security.
tribalism won't develop our economy.

since suffering knows no tribe or religion, since we're suffering together irrespective of our tribe and religion, it's also fair if we get it right together by sending thieves and those who thinks they can rape Nigeria TURN by TURN.
Enough is Enough!!!

2023 will be the youths vs the criminals
it won't be business as usual.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by izombie(m): 7:42am On Oct 10, 2022
This is the most stupid and tribal post i yave ever seen on nairaland. I mean, how can you hate igbos so much that you bring this garbage up? So adviser to the president is a very special post? Why don't you post the positions the Yorubas hold in this administration so that we can compare? Some nigerians are just useless. I spit on you op.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Beware! by Arysexy(m): 7:50am On Oct 10, 2022
The fact remains that 90% of thieeeefnubu supporters are tribal and religious bigots. Especially the yoruba Muslims.

There is nothing behind their support for Baba Agbado outside tribal sentiments.

Ask them if Oduduwa was to be country today, will they vote Thiiiefnubu or if they have a company, will FRAUDnibu be appointed to chair it?

They are only motivated by hate for Igbos not love for Nigeria. They blv if an Igbo man enter, the marginalisation they supported against Igbos will be paid back to them, but am average Igbo man got no time for such, talkless of PO whose interest is recovering the country from collapse.

If same ppl that supported a failed Buhari govt are agitating for a half dead Thieffnubu to succeed Buhari, it shows how much they hate the country

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by Brimstone77: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2022
AyeMoJuba:

Just thinking!

But then our economy was doing perfectly fine...

Nigeria has the fastest growing economy then..

The only problem of tribal bigots like you is because igbos are the ones doing it not because they aren't doing it well..

Now that we have this disaster in aso rock..

Now list the names of those handling the economy today..

We also need to know those responsible for our economic woes today..

The last Yoruba financial Minister under buhari was a disaster that shamelessly forged here certificate,we all saw how terrible she performed during her time until she shamelessly resigned..

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by Tinubuagbado: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2022
It's becoming clearer that Yoruba Muslims are problyof Nigeria.
They simply don't want Nigeria to work.

What's wrong if a President gets the best hands to run the economy?

Igbo's are known economists and Obj, Yaradua, GEJ used most of them and we all saw how they managed and sustained the economy even when other countries were crying because of collapse of the world economic system.

Make una leave sentiments and tribalism.

The dirty fights of the Yoruba's against Peter Obi, an Igbo will surely be their greatest undoing. The Yoruba's will gradually lose their place in the south and Nigeria at large.

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by ecolime(m): 8:25am On Oct 10, 2022
GEJ is Ijaw.

If he was truly a bigot, he would have put only his kinsmen there.

But I have to agree, Yorubas had fewer slots in his cabinet outside statutory Nominees.

Summary is; don't ascribe GEJ's actions to the Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by RZArecta(m): 8:36am On Oct 10, 2022
It's surprising that your prīck is suddenly standing and demanding federal character when in the last seven years you couldn't say pim to the most nepotistic government since 1914. Shame suppose catch you I swear cool

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by RZArecta(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2022
ecolime:
GEJ is Ijaw.

If he was truly a bigot, he would have put only his kinsmen there.

But I have to agree, Yorubas had fewer slots in his cabinet outside statutory Nominees.

Summary is; don't ascribe GEJ's actions to the Igbos.
who fought against Mulikat Akande Adeola becoming speaker of the house of representatives ? The same Bola Ahmed Tinubu. It's on record

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by Adeebiwa09(m): 9:13am On Oct 10, 2022
AyeMoJuba:

Just thinking!

And you want Nigeria to be better when you are still allowing tribal division, so you support Tinubu because you don't want this to repeat itself. Honestly I'm surprised, Yoruba people are both educated formally and informally to have more sense than this. We are very logical and don't stand with rubbish it's also our downside cos while the northerner just wants to put his people there a Yoruba person looks for the qualified. I am Yoruba and all my family are obidient. If APC wanted to play the Yoruba card they should have made Osinbanjo the candidate and see if Atiku and Obi would get as much support as they have now. Tinubu came with a loud mouth emi lokan, agbado and ege who does that

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by Adeebiwa09(m): 9:14am On Oct 10, 2022
Trapnews:
grin
Yorubas are their greatest problem, starting with the useless Afenifere, they are very quick to deny their own, same way they denied Awolowo, Abiola, Obasanjo and now Tinubu. Yoruba elites are the most useless of all, they seem to forget history too soon.

How did they deny Obasanjo, I can understand your views on awolowo and abiola. Please enlighten me with obasanjo

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by BeardedMeat(m): 9:23am On Oct 10, 2022
Adeebiwa09:

How did they deny Obasanjo, I can understand your views on awolowo and abiola. Please enlighten me with obasanjo
The records are there. They didn't vote Obasanjo during his two tenures.
Re: Yorubas Beware! by BeardedMeat(m): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2022
AyeMoJuba:

Just thinking!
You are just an unfortunate child. You deserve pity for this trashy post.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by zaki2: 10:39am On Oct 10, 2022
AdamuKD:
We are just deceiving ourselves
We are not one and that's why Nigeria is like this. We are just pretending to be one na lie. Is it not better we go our separate ways because it's obvious that this British experiment is not working
This election open my eyes, I swear. I wish the effort our politicians are investing in election will be channeled towards dividing this country.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Beware! by demmie1: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2022
Let Nigeria split quietly, there is now way we will not have ethnicity in politics
Re: Yorubas Beware! by obyrich(m): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2022
AyeMoJuba:

Just thinking!
Please also share comparative financial indices. We need to know why NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA is currently calling the shots at the world bank. Irredeemable tribal bigots!
Re: Yorubas Beware! by techWriter3: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2022
Re: Yorubas Beware! by Adeebiwa09(m): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
BeardedMeat:
The records are there. They didn't vote Obasanjo during his two tenures.

What records? Prove it.
First election Yoruba was divided because of olu falae and obasanjo from the same place
Second time, only Lagos unanimously didn't. Prove otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Afenifere's Decision To Endorse Obi Is Sacrosanct — Pa Adebanjo / Rented APC Crowd Fights In Jos / 2023: History Will NOT Be Kind With Atiku,wamako, Saraki, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.